• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So err...

what stops Kazuma from using Bondage into Drain Touch while in Lurk?

Deku is way more skilled but Kazuma isn't really gonna let himself get touched, and Bondage would tie him up as it restrained a Class M lifting strength person.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
So err...
what stops Kazuma from using Bondage into Drain Touch while in Lurk?

Deku is way more skilled but Kazuma isn't really gonna let himself get touched, and Bondage would tie him up as it restrained a Class M lifting strength person.
i don't think midoriya's gonna let himself get touched either. he could just fire an air blast at kazuma or just, well, get up close and personal and just beat the shit out of him before he has a chance to use it. kazuma may have the advantage when it comes to his arsenal, but he's kind of defenseless if it comes to a fist fight.

i don't think midoriya's gonna let himself get touched either. he could just fire an air blast at kazuma or just, well, get up close and personal and just beat the shit out of him before he has a chance to use it. kazuma may have the advantage when it comes to his arsenal, but he's kind of defenseless if it comes to a fist fight.

Speed = so maybe catch him

RicardoSama said:
Speed = so maybe catch him
maybe speed unequalized would be more fair? then again kazuma's speed is unknown so i'm not really sure how fast he is

What can Kazuma throw at Deku that he hasn't dodged before? Kazuma doesn't seem to have any kind of Danmaku, and the moment he is caught by Deku's Blackwhip, he will be defeated in a hand-to-hand combat.

20% Deku can also create tornadoes hundreds of meters long with his attacks, and his Blackwhip can cover city blocks, so there's no need to say who has a better range.

Yeah, I don't see Kazuma being able to land Bondage on Deku. Deku has too many ways to avoid it like with Black Whip or Air Force.

If he gets brought into hand-to-hand, Kazuma just puts Deku to sleep or paralyzes him. No travel time on those.

In which medium? Going by ages as they are currently (Web Novel), it's a 20 y/o and an 18 y/o...so iirc...legal.

Deku is able to predict attacks he cannot see, like those of Mirio.

He was also able to memorize the exact location of Gentle's invisible air walls, so he should be able to predict Kazuma's movements as long as he's seen him go invisible (which I assume he can because the standard starting distance is 20 meters between each other).

He could also just attack the ground and create a massive shockwave that could drag/reveal Kazuma's location.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
In which medium? Going by ages as they are currently, it's a 20 y/o and an 18 y/o..
All of them

Web novel Kazuma is aged up significantly, light novel is 17 to 15. Megumin still looks like a kid though, so pedo-neet.

This is nice but Deku still has no resistance to sleep or paralysis (which I forgot to mention, oops). So he can just do that too.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
This is nice but Deku still has no resistance to sleep or paralysis (which I forgot to mention, oops). So he can just do that too.
What are the activation conditions of this skill, what is its range, and how and in what kind of situations does Kazuma uses it?

"Activation conditions"

...he casts it.

"What's it's range"

At least dozens to hundreds of meters, shouldn't be lower than his other spells

"What kind of situations does he use it in"

Whenever he needs to, such as when he's getting his ass whipped.

Therefir said:
What are the activation conditions of this skill, what is its range, and how and in what kind of situations does Kazuma uses it?
Oh wait, it's the same ability that Megumin's mom has? Then I don't see how that's a win condition, he needs to be really close, and Deku can easily outrange him with anything he has.

>At least dozens to hundreds of meters, shouldn't be lower than his other spells

Yeah, no, he needs feats in order to assume such a thing.

I mean even then, you said

"the moment he is caught by Deku's Blackwhip, he will be defeated in a hand-to-hand combat."

Which is close enough for Kazuma to throw sleep and paralysis has been shown to have a longer range (Yunyun's used it at some dozen meters before iirc and also Yunyun's used sleep at a similar range too)

Plus he can still heal off all damage even if he gets caught though he'll have wind shields to protect him from projectiles.

Deku's kicks have more range than Kazuma arms tho, and he'll quickly notice it that the moment he sees Kazuma trying to do it, Deku already has experience against characters with dangerous skills similar to that, like Nine's All For One.

Kazuma shouldn't scale from Yunyun, as these kinds of abilities scale with level, even a ability like "Steal" works in that way.

Also Kazuma's AP seems to be around 15 tons, so a kick from Deku + his Iron Soles (which gives his kicks a double impact) would hurt tremendously, and would sent Kazuma flying several tens of meters away.

I'm fairly sure the potency scales with the stat, not the range. Never heard anything like the range being shorter in any of the novels since Lynn's spells can all shoot similarly to Yunyun's despite Yunyun being a much better mage.

Though on an unrelated note, fairly sure Kazuma can steal Deku's hero costume/Iron soles. He's been shown to take articles of clothing before so that'd be a big help in fighting Deku if he doesn't have that anymore.

If you're young as 14 you have to be an obnoxious immature kid, thats a rule

Ed isn't this, so how the ****

DragonEmperor23 said:
you should see him on discord
I have no idea what you're talking about

I'm not an obnoxious, immature kid. I'm an obnoxious, immature, kid that's self-aware.

@Edwardtruong2006 I'm just saying Kazuma should have his own feats, as his mastery with this ability is likely worse than Yunyun's.

Kazuma stealing Deku's soles sounds highly unlikely, he would have a better chance trying to steal his gloves, but I don't think that would make any difference against 20% Deku, his shockwaves are so strong that he doesn't really need the gloves.

I also forgot to mention that it's in-character for Deku to spam long distance attacks, which Kazuma doesn't seem to have any other defense besides his wind shield, which I don't know how strong they are, but I'm sure that in a battle of attrition Deku would end up winning due to his huge stamina (He could fight for 8 hours straight several arcs ago).

Therefir said:
I'm just saying Kazuma should have his own feats, as his mastery with this ability is likely worse than Yunyun's.
Kazuma stealing Deku's soles sounds highly unlikely, he would have a better chance trying to steal his gloves, but I didn't think that would make any difference against 20% Deku, his shock waves are so strong that he doesn't need them.

I also forgot to mention that it's in-character for Deku to spam long distance attacks, which Kazuma doesn't seem to have any other defense besides his wind shield, which I don't know how strong they are, but I'm sure that in a battle of attrition Deku would end up winning due to his huge stamina (He could fight for 8 hours straight several arcs ago).
is that a vote for midoriya?

Therefir said:
Kazuma stealing Deku's soles sounds highly unlikely, he would have a better chance trying to steal his gloves, but I don't think that would make any difference against 20% Deku, his shock waves are so strong and large that he doesn't really need them.
points to supernatural luck in Kazuma's profile

Unlikely is his game, dude. Steal is based off of luck, so he could probably take them. Deku also isn't a girl, so he can focus on what he steals.

He is iirc, the luckiest person in the world, second to only the goddess of luck.

@Edwardtruong2006 But from Kazuma's perspective, the gloves could be seen as more dangerous than the soles, and he can influence what he steals, like when he stole an undergarment instead of an expensive sword.

@Rigormortis6775 If this fair then yes, I'm not sure if Kazuma could survive a >48 tons kick enhanced by the Iron Soles.

Therefir said:
@Edwardtruong2006 But from Kazuma's perspective, the gloves could be seen as more dangerous than the soles, and he can influence what he steals, like when he stole an undergarment instead of an expensive sword.

@Rigormortis6775 If this fair then yes, I'm not sure if Kazuma could survive a 48 tons kick enhanced by the Iron Soles.
Yeah thats true, So how would kazuma counter

Back