• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Final Battle! Roy vs Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.
@adobe you do know that Ike has been in more situations to where he was cornered than Roy ever had right?

Roy has always had a lot more help compared to Ike. In fact, it is 100% canon that Ike fought the Black Knight single handedly where as, Roy could have had help from Lilina or Fae against Zephiel and Idunn for all we know. And yeah, what JSW said is quite right.

Ike was literally the only one capable of fighting The Black Knight in PoR, who had Renewal, which is a passive Regenerationn, which is better than having to activate the Binding Blade whenever they want to heal (And Zelgius still had Regen in RD)

and this Ike is superior in literally every way (except maybe speed) and still fought someone with even better Regen then Zelgius

1. 30 HP is gameplay mechanics

2. Ashera gets 40 HP (Also gameplay mechanics, I know)

3. It doesn't need to be activated

Are we forgetting Ike needed help from the entire cast to beat Ashera? He only landed the "killing blow", but you cannot argue he was the only one that endured Ashera´s healing.

Not that it matters, because there are no skills in this fight.

I like how everyone here assumes 30 HP is game mechanics and not skills and ignore Roy´s range advantage.

It could still be argued its 3 times better than awakening!Falchion´s

and, Ike only defeated BK because Ragnell was also blessed by Ashera.

Anyways.

Ike 6

Roy 3

@marco it doesn't change the fact that Ike still defeated Zelgius in the end. Who's superior to other generals in the gallian army.

@rapid They do not have the same tier. How many times do I have to tell you that. Also Zelgius has more impressive feats than both Idenn and Zephiel.

Because Zelgius demonstrated better sword techniques and versatility than anything seen by Zephiel.

>Better Sword Techniques

How do you define whats a "better" sword technique? Thats personal opinion at best.

If anything, Zephiel has more time training than Zelgius.

Black Knight stomps both tho

Skill

This is legit just Ike vs a worse Ashera, Ike fought in the exact same conditions in that fight (except they at least started in the same room....), except Ashera is at the very least twice as strong and has better healing, and even in that fight Ike couldn't use skills

Ashera hasnt shown the level of tactical knowledge Roy has, and, Sealing/Weather Manipulation.

Also, Ike had help from the entire party in his fight against Ashera.

Aside from the God Powerup, he is alone in this.

>Sealing

Won't happen because Roy wants to kill Ike as SBA is in effect

>Weather Manipulation

He can't even use it

@rapid it's not a personal opinion when he's literallly shown to be better than other warriors form both games. He's comparable with Ike, who trained with the best warrior in Daein. Defeated the gallian prince with little to no effort, and even fought off some begnion soldiers all on his own with only a little help from the worst main character to play as in the beginning of a fire emblem game.

Its personal opinion, because they are "techniques".

Its like saying boxing is better than Tae Kwon Do.

Anyways, Roy trained under Eliwood, who also has a fancy title of "Greatest Knight of Elibe", Sword techniques themselves are up for the player´s interpretation.

Because i could also say Roy has the advantage over ike by how acrobatic his movements are in FE6.

I do think sword techniques themselves are limited to animations.

Just saying.

And i thought Roy´s AP was between 10 peta and 52.

What was the conclusion on his AP? Stronger than two Holy Weapons or all of em combined?

Zephiel mostly just spams the same spin attack, where as the Black Night uses acrobats and wide varieties of sword swings. Also, Zelgius has a reputation of being the finest swordsman in all the land same thing was never said about Zephiel. If anyone in Elibe has that title, it's Karel.

Ike laughs at Roy's experience

He's stronger

Dealt with MUCH better healing

And he's fought under these exact conditions before without the use of skills

There isn't even an actual debate here other than MAYBE skill, which there shouldn't be as Ike outclasses Roy there too

@Rapid you do know that I can say the exact same thing about greil, who's ALSO the finest warrior in the land.

Its still a title.

A vague title at best.

Saying Zelgius is the best swordsman in all of the land, doesnt mean he is the best swordsman in all of Fire Emblem, or fiction for that matter.

@marco it doesn't matter what the victory conditions are since they can lose in multiple different ways.

Roy has superior tactical experience than Ike. Ike is the one following orders from tacticians, not the other way around.

And saying Ike has faced people with healing does not take away Roy´s healing against Ike.

What matters is that Roy is gotta keep on healing, while ike is gotta keep collecting damage since there are no skills.

@Marco

Fine by me

Of course it doesn't take away, but Ike still fought people who are literally "Roy but better" in terms of abilities

Same thing happened when he fought Ashera, who, may I repeat, is both stronger and has much better healing than Roy does, and Ike still won

How does Ashera have the same level of tactical skill as Roy? Not to mention, she doesnt have weather manipulation or Sealing, which would indeed affect Ike.

@rapid do you even read what you're saying? Ike knows how to deal with enemies that can regenerate their health. For gods sake he fought and defeated the black knight, who had regen, while Ike didn't. It doesn't matter if Roy has regen or not. Ike know how to deal with it since he has experience with it. Also how about you actually explain why Roy has better experience than Ike instead of just saying it.

Roy can't use his Sealing here as he is trying to KILL Ike, the Binding Blade's Sealing only activates when the user doesn't want to fight

Weather Manipulation only works with ALL of the Divine Weapons put together, and I'm pretty sure didn't even apply for the Binding Blade as it had no part in the ending winter

That's only the reason he was capable of fighting Zelgius in the first place

And you keep on ignoring everything about Ashera

Im sorry, but after reading the thread, and realizing Roy wont be holding back against Ike, and because of many doubts like how exactly strong Roy is, im changing my vote to inconclusive.

How does Black knight have more experience or sword skill? Because he has more animations?

Anyways, Roy has fought people that have defeated Hector, who had all of FE7 of experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back