• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yet another Fire Emblem base form proposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, it doesnt matter what the "term" says.

The only fact here is that an enemy unit can destroy a town in the same timespan two hypersonic characters throw 2/4 sword slashes at each other.

Please stop downplaying and trolling or ill have to report you

He might as well be.

We already have multi city block enemies, for one.

I dont see how this contradicts the canon.

Is this the town level bandits again? I definitely remember this being done before and disregarded as inaccurate.

8-C on the other hand...

Oh, sorry about that.

I confused a character with their previous tier.

I know they are technically different universes, but in Fates, you have to destroy massive pillars of frozen ice, which were calced on this wikia as 8-A.

There is some discussion on other feats, but at this point it is almost primarily about the Town Level Bandits. :/

Well, in chapters in which you protect a village (from the inside), there would be nothing left as you're fighting several bandits from inside the village, while only a few buildings might be destroyed by the time the main party gets there

The thing is, the town level bandits aren't just an outlier, it's inaccurate. For one, recall that these characters are not crossing battlefields quickly. This is a tactical game based off of real war. There's a reason why mounted units move farther. Ephraim for example is not crossing the equivalent of 7 battle spaces in a second, just like how Ephraim is not 1/4 the size of a village. The game itself spans years. There's a lot of time inbetween battles. Heck. Clouds with rain and snow come and go by the time battles end. Only possible exception to this might be castle battles. Furthermore, if bandits were townbusters, then barricades wouldn't stop them, because you're arguing for destructive capacity as opposed to attack potency, which is pretty much impossible with them.

Thank you Cal, I've been trying to sum up why I disagree with Town level bandits but you did it nicely.

I agree with @The real cal howard and @Darkanine. As cool as Town level bandits sound, I just feel like that's a bit of a wank. Option 2 for building level still sounds great though.

so, high 8-C for base forms then?

i mean, in the gba games, the day doesnt change AT ALL, but, wathever.

Why are you all so against a clear and cut Low 7-C feat?

Miles Romero12 said:
so, high 8-C for base forms then?
i mean, in the gba games, the day doesnt change AT ALL, but, wathever.

Why are you all so against a clear and cut Low 7-C feat?
We're against it for the reasons that were listed above several times. I think we've made it clear as to why we are against the Low 7-C thing.

Miles Romero12 said:
and all of them have been debunked.
whats new?
You've not really supplied a sufficient argument against us. You've not really debunked anything we've said, and we've given a few good and detailed explanations as to why low 7-C is an outlier and is not really applicable. :/

We mean, some of us do like the idea, but upgrading the Fire Emblem bandits to small town level would be pretty much the same thing as upgrading Kid Buu to galaxy level. Because one, it's an inconsistancy with the fact that most Fire Emblem characters get slowed down by stone walls. Two, destroying a village with one attack is merely a game mechanic, and contradics the cut scenes and support conversations implying they burned down the village as opposed to crushing the whole village with a single axe swing. And third, some chapters throughout the whole series take place in a village. So, a real town would be the size of a whole chapter map, not a 4 square block. Then again, I'm not saying they're quite that small, but the individual villages and towns that you can visit seem more like city blocks; thus making it At Most a 8-B feat.

Why would it be a game mechanic? The bandit did "raid" a village in a extremely small timeframe and some buildings were destroyed.

Not to mention the day doesnt change in the gba games, implying all battles ended in less than a day (6 or so hours at most), unlike the later games.

so, lets put them at most 8-B GBA already and be done with this.

Just my 2 cents, as i only played the GBA series and i am not good at calculating ( very bad at math).

The walls in GBA, which are breakable, are also weakened. And you dont easily destroy it in 1 hit. Some walls have more than 40hp requires 2-3 hits with steel weapons and better ( steel weaps have high dmg but very heavy weight, and that dmg is only lower than silver, counting common weaps only). And other intact walls are not breakable, so putting them on wall-level based on just that is not quite logical. I dont know if the manga featuring Al and Tiana is considered canon, but i have not seen any wall-breaking feat even in the manga, so i dont think FE chars can be commonly considered wall-level

Also, tanking hits from Fire dragon/ Ideen/Zephiel etc are mostly game mechanic, i have not seen any canon details mentioned. But, after all, it maybe just my own lack of information. If you guys have them, please enlighten me :D and hyperlink it in the profile is also splendid

Actually tanking Zephiel and Idenn are absolutely NOT game mechanics, since they explain Idenn has faced Hardmud, who had the Sword of Seals before Roy and survived. The story even says he took pity on her and instead of killing her, they sealed her in the sword.

So, by basic scaling, the FE6 cast with holy weapons should also have that durability by fighting her, since she kept up with someone who had a at least high 6-A sword at hand and the rest of the sacred weapons.

And in the Binding Blade Manga, Roy is even more OP, since Zephiel was using the Sword of Seals until Roy managed to take it away from him. He took slashes from the blade in BASE. So, no manga forms for now.

The holy weapons is indeed powerful. The lore said that they used it to conjure a blizzard covering the continent for a rather long time, bringing decisive victory to our side, so tier 6 for them kinda make sense. But i dont remember one of them alone or all were needed to get that blizzard, so the power tier may change, imo.

In the manga IIRC Zephiel didnt seem to activate full power of the sword, or it is a way they describe how to use power efficiently and not wasting it on flashy and unneeded "works" such as causing additional house/building equivalents to explode.. Well, i just feel that giving them tier 6 durability is a bit generous, cuz tier 6 AP is from the weaps, no problem, just as we can get 7-A AP with a nuclear suitcase, but that doesnt mean the holder can also tank that missle as well. Just my opinion ;)

He meant every Divine Weapon. The Chilling Winter was calced to be about 52 Petatons; which is High 6-A. Dividing that number by 8 still leaves 6 point something Petatons for each Divine Weapon which is still High 6-A.

Dam, magic is so convenient ;)) we can get a high 6-A weapon with not so complicated structure, and easily concealable in a small chest :D well, they are weapon created by consuming a large resource of mankind, just like Granzon chewed up 2/3 the total budget of DC, so maybe that makes sense

Ah, there is something i want to ask too

- Do the holy weapons individually have a feat confirming their AP? Like Armads having a skill that cleaves a continent or Aureola can blast up a large cloud?

- Has there been any detail confirming that the holy weaps wielder tanked 6-A attacks? Like the game showing a cutscene with them directly block/ take a hit from 6-A strikes of Idenn and/or Zephiel? Not counting normal game mechanic tho,, because as i saw from the manga, when they engaged a fire dragon, they actively and intentionally evaded the attacks, well, at least when they were in base form. I suppose that they do the same when fighting Idenn and Zephiel, and at least use the HWs to block the strikes ( not sure how Lilina would do it, using Forblaze as a buckler :D), cuz by being able to contain such large power, the HWs themselves must be very durable, not sure if as strong as Blade of Olympus ;))

Cecilia survived a blow from a holy weapon while facing Zephiel in FE6. Roy and the rest of the cast is considered superior to her in every aspect.

And please, dont chsnge the topic at hand.

NEWS REPORT REGARDING THE HEROES PAGES.

Roy does not use the Sword of Seals and neither Chrom uses the exalted falchion.

So, Heroes characters are High 8-C/At most 8-B/Low 7-C.

Yeah, but that may get removed. It seems most of the staff support the base forms being downgraded to 8-C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back