• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Final Battle! Roy vs Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.
@rapid Did I ever say that the black knight has more combat experience via more animations??????? Did I??? No I didn't. Stop putting words in my mouth. I literally listed numerous things that the black knight has defeated. As well as the enemies that Ike has fought.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Zephiel mostly just spams the same spin attack, where as the Back Night uses acrobats and wide varieties of sword swings. Also, Zelgius has a reputation of being the finest swordsman in all the land same thing was never said about Zephiel. If anyone in Elibe has that title, it's Karel.
Medeus bases his argument on animations.

@The Glass

I asked if that was your argumentation.

Anyways, you cannot just assume Black Knight has more skill because of a vague title.

@SJW

He was fated to die on the battlefield, yes.

But that doesnt mean Armads was gonna give the victory to anyone or give Hector a heart attack, he still has all of FE7 as experience.

Also, it took the combined strength two generals to defeat Hector; and even then, Hector was not quite as strong as he was in FE7; and even then. Hector fought very well against those two Bern generals. Roy only fought those two individually, and he possibly had help from others.

Ike clearly defeated The Black Knight single handedly. And forget about the Ragnell and armor, Zelgius himself has simply been in many more one on one battles than Zephiel did and clearly has better swordsmanship feats than Zephiel.

Also, Roy is nothing compared to Ashera, in fact, Ike never used Aether against Ashera or the Black Knight in Radiant Dawn. So that also says a lot that Ike doesn't need his skills to be Roy.

Ike is twice as strong as Roy 12 Petatons vs 6 Petatons, and has defeated Ashera, who's health and healing are much better than Roy's passive or not. Also, Ashera is a very knowledgeable 800 year old goddess much wiser than anyone Roy's ever fought.

Chargerinmywall19 said:
I agree with Rapid, technique in a Tactical RPG is meaningless.
This is the pure definition of using game mechanics as an excuse for someone to win.

HOLD IT RIGHT THERE.

Why would Roy be 6 petatons?!

The Sword of Seals is stated to be "Stronger than the Divine Weapons", that either means he is stronger than at least 2 of them or all 8 of them.

He either has around 12 peta or 58.

If we are talking about tactical skills, Roy was a prodigy, even backed up by the game itself, he lead all of the Lycia alliance with no casualties.

RapidMotorcycle19 said:
@The Glass

I asked if that was your argumentation.

Anyways, you cannot just assume Black Knight has more skill because of a vague title.
Before you say stupid claims like this, how about you look at the different things I listed that the black knight has defeated, and try to debunk any of the things I said. Then do the same thing to what I listed for Ike.

May I mention that Ashunera's 25 Petaton feat was both unintentional and very casual? Ike is honestly probably much stronger than just 12.5

AdobeAldo23904 said:
If we are talking about tactical skills, Roy was a prodigy, even backed up by the game itself, he lead all of the Lycia alliance with no casualties.
Same with Ike, except that he has fought more than one war. Something that Roy has never done.

Ike has fought more battles outside of those wars as well, ever forget he also did jobs as a mercenary?

6 petatons is the average for just one of the Holy Weapons.

You need at least 2 to make a "Stronger than a" to a "Stronger than the ___S"

So Roy should absolutely be at least 12 Peta if not more.

@rapid did you even play FE7??? The previous wielder of the Armads warned Hector that this would happen to him, yet he accepted it in order to help Eliwood.

Thats complately up to imagination.

He was a mercenary, sure, but we do not know HOW many battles he has in.

If you had a quote like "Ike is a hundred man slayer!", it would make more sense, but this?!

How was Ashera´s 12.5 peta casual?

She is that powerful because she is half Ashunera, which drowned the world in a fit of rage, which is pretty darn intentional.

RapidMotorcycle19 said:
Thats complately up to imagination.
He was a mercenary, sure, but we do not know HOW many battles he has in.

If you had a quote like "Ike is a hundred man slayer!", it would make more sense, but this?!
What are you even arguing? Your points are invalid.

@rapid You still haven't debunked anything that I listed for Ike. Also the whole "we don't know HOW many battles he's in" doesn't matter since even if you take that out, Ike still has more experience via being in 2 wars.

Armads curses its weilder with the fate of dying on the battlefield.

But that doesnt imply the Armads made him lose on purpouse.

Whoever killed hector, killed him at his prime.

Sword of Seals is stronger than the Divine weapons, but only individually, not altogether. Being twice as strong as the average Divine Weapons is still an assumption rather than a fact. And yeah, Ashunera's 25 Petaton feat was done casually; also, but the logic of using a assumptions, that's like saying Ike is Small Planet level; but he's not. Or at least we don't accept it.

Also, Hector didn't even have Armads during his fight with the Dracolords. And Fated to die on the battlefield? That was like a quote from Durban the Berserker, who ever wields the Armads, is fated to one day die on the battlefield. But that's mostly flowery language. Hector loosing is not much of a feat for the others, but more so the only reason Hector lost was because he was far outnumbered.

Anyway, Ike still has his advantages proven a lot more than Roy's here.

Roy is at least 12 peta.

58 if we take the quote literally.

So, Roy and Ike are also very even on AP.

And Roy stomps if we take the combined power of all the weapons combined.

Mercenary work is incalculable.

He could have just had a single kill before the events of PoR, and since you do not know the exact number of battles he did as a mercenary....

He wouldn't be a mercenary if he killed a single guy, would he? He did it for quite a while, and regardless, two wars is still more than Roy.

>On their own

What are you talking about, we already went thru this on the other thread.

The Sword of Seals is at the very least, stronger than just two of the Holy Weapons, because if he was just stronger than one of them, Yahm would have said "Stronger than a Holy Weapon".

Roy is at least 12 peta.

Using 53 Petaton Roy is literally the same thing as using 700 Exaton Ike, just a heads up. And yeah, Ike fought in two big wars Vs Roy's 1. And Roy lives in a time of peace outside of War, where as Ike continues to fight bandits outside of war. So it's clear cut that Ike has the combat experience.

While yes, two wars are more than one, Roy fought with people with enough skill to best Hector (Who had fought in FE7 and the start of FE6.), so its pretty equal imo.

But not tactical experience.

And the OP says the battlefield is filled with castles and trees.

Roy could use them to have some advantage while Ike would just go for the kill directly.

@rapid you're not explaining why Roy has better experience than Hector when he was an old man when he died.

>700 Exaton Ike

Dude, that is literally imposible, he is not in no way equal or comparable to Ashunera.

And no, Roy being 53 peta is completely justified if we take the quote as it is.

So Roy is at least 12 peta in my mind.

@adobe that would help. If Roy had other people with him, which he doesn't so he has to fight Ike head on in order to win.

AdobeAldo23904 said:
But not tactical experience.
And the OP says the battlefield is filled with castles and trees.

Roy could use them to have some advantage while Ike would just go for the kill directly.
I could say the exact same thing. You have yet to provide any evidence that Roy is more skilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back