• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Emo vs the girl that looks like a Emo (Neji Hyuga vs Ram)

People who can detect normal invisible magic, cannot detect the stationary invisible blades.
Do re:zero characters see Ode? In this case, Ode is equalized to chakra which is what the byakugan sees. I also need context for that invisible magic stuff

Do re:zero characters see Ode? In this case, Ode is equalized to chakra which is what the byakugan sees. I also need context for that invisible magic stuff
Well, Ram attacks with Wind Magic, so because Wind is invisible, they are invisible.
The Wind cage they talking about, is when Ram place this Wind Magic on the air in form of blades, and they stay there stationary. Like a wall.

Layered invisible is because like

I'm not sure what Ode is. If you're talking about the Od, it's not a power system but rather an important part of a Re:Zero character's physiology, as the Od is the root of a person, synonymous with their soul/mind.

The main power system is Mana- which is invisible- but it's not a UES, as magic attacks can be stronger or weaker than a mana-enhanced body.

Some characters, such as Roswaal or Ram can detect Mana. Mana can be used to fuel magic, the magic used by Ram is wind magic, which by nature of being air is invisible. A large majority of mid-tier+ characters can detect these invisible wind attacks, even reacting to them on instinct.

There is however a Shinobi wind magic technique that fixes a buzzsaw-like wind blade in space, which is undetectable to anyone but the person who placed it, even Ram could not detect them when she had them used against her.

In Naruto, only a handful of ninja can visually perceive chakra at it's lowest concentration; it's invisible to those who dont possess the ninjutsu or ocular kekkei genkai needed to perceive it. In short, It's not exactly something a low-level or high level ninja can do unaided. Chakra is also invisible most of the time; and only ever visible when concentrated to high degrees. Naruto's Rasengan being a prime example of this, as well as Sasuke's Chidori.

In the case of the Byakugan, it is stated to have a higher perceptive ability than the Sharingan. For reference, Obito's Sharingan was able to dispatch an invisible Stone Ninja at just two tomoe, while Kakashi couldn't detect them at all. The Byakugan can also percieve Chakra much like how one can see heat signatures through Infrared, unlike your average ninja. Kidomaru describes the Byakugan as "all-seeing, telescopic x-ray vision" after Neji "accurately sensed all kunai knives coming at him from within 50 meters" that he threw. (Here is a visual representation of the Byakugan in play)

Verse Equalization rules imply that this can be done to perceive Mana as well, given that the two are, more or less, fundamentally 'verse energy/ki', for lack of better wording. The Byakugan should be more than capable of perceiving it under these conditions unless the OP alters SBA. There's also no evidence to suggest that Neji can't perceive her energy, so this is more or less moot given the capabilities of the Byakugan.

Aside from the Kidomaru feat of escaping webbed encasement, he should be able to do the same with Wind without issue in this match. We do see Neji break out of Kisame's Water Prison Jutsu by expelling his Chakra in Shippuden. This doesn't necessarily mean he can do so to the same extent like in Shippuden, but it can be argued that it is accomplishable nonetheless, especially with superior AP in this match.

Tangentially noted, Neji can also release Rotation moments before contact is made at point-blank range. Tenten also elaborates on this during the his match with Naruto, explaining that Neji can form a cocoon of Chakra to halt enemy attacks, and can anticipate all of his enemy's attacks from a 360 degree angle. It is also stated that Neji's Gentle Fist is 'even more powerful' than CE Gaara's Ultimate Defense Sand, even with Gaara reacting in the following panels.

In the event that Neji's Byakugan is compromised, he is able to exude a separate 360 degree field of Chakra that can sense and shield himself from anything that is within it. Kidomaru also states that this wasn't a feat done through the Byakugan, and allowed Neji to avoid a fatal blow to his heart. He also used this two more times to avoid instant death.

Edit: Sorry for the constant edits, taking everything into consideration here!

Last edited:
Well, Ram attacks with Wind Magic, so because Wind is invisible, they are invisible.
The Wind cage they talking about, is when Ram place this Wind Magic on the air in form of blades, and they stay there stationary. Like a wall.

Layered invisible is because like
Wind is invisible by default
I'm not sure what Ode is. If you're talking about the Od, it's not a power system but rather an important part of a Re:Zero character's physiology, as the Od is the root of a person, synonymous with their soul/mind.

The main power system is Mana- which is invisible- but it's not a UES, as magic attacks can be stronger or weaker than a mana-enhanced body.

Some characters, such as Roswaal or Ram can detect Mana. Mana can be used to fuel magic, the magic used by Ram is wind magic, which by nature of being air is invisible. A large majority of mid-tier+ characters can detect these invisible wind attacks, even reacting to them on instinct.

There is however a Shinobi wind magic technique that fixes a buzzsaw-like wind blade in space, which is undetectable to anyone but the person who placed it, even Ram could not detect them when she had them used against her.
Sorry, I meant mana not od. Outside of detecting it, can anyone visually see it?

If the layered invisibility is a result extrasensory perception, I don't think it can be applied to enhanced senses. Neji would be able to see the mana in the wind blades

In Naruto, only a handful of ninja can visually perceive chakra at it's lowest concentration; it's invisible to those who dont possess the ninjutsu or ocular kekkei genkai needed to perceive it. In short, It's not exactly something a low-level or high level ninja can do unaided. Chakra is also invisible most of the time; and only ever visible when concentrated to high degrees. Naruto's Rasengan being a prime example of this, as well as Sasuke's Chidori.

In the case of the Byakugan, it is stated to have a higher perceptive ability than the Sharingan. For reference, Obito's Sharingan was able to dispatch an invisible Stone Ninja at just two tomoe, while Kakashi couldn't detect them at all. The Byakugan can also percieve Chakra much like how one can see heat signatures through Infrared, unlike your average ninja.

Kidomaru describes the Byakugan as "all-seeing, telescopic x-ray vision" after Neji "accurately sensed all kunai knives coming at him from within 50 meters" that he threw. (Here is a visual representation of the Byakugan in play)

Verse Equalization rules imply that this can be done to perceive Mana as well, given that the two are, more or less, fundamentally 'verse energy/ki', for lack of better wording. The Byakugan should be more than capable of perceiving it under these conditions unless the OP alters SBA. There's also no evidence to suggest that Neji can't perceive her energy, so this is more or less moot given the capabilities of the Byakugan.

Aside from the Kidomaru feat of escaping webbed encasement, he should be able to do the same with Wind without issue in this match. We do see Neji break out of Kisame's Water Prison Jutsu by expelling his Chakra in Shippuden. This doesn't necessarily mean he can do so to the same extent like in Shippuden, but it can be argued that it is accomplishable nonetheless, especially with superior AP in this match.

Tangentially noted, Neji can also release Rotation moments before contact is made at point-blank range. Tenten also elaborates on this during the his match with Naruto, explaining that Neji can form a cocoon of Chakra to halt enemy attacks, and can anticipate all of his enemy's attacks from a 360 degree angle. It is also stated that Neji's Gentle Fist is 'even more powerful' than CE Gaara's Ultimate Defense Sand, even with Gaara reacting in the following panels.

In the event that Neji's Byakugan is compromised, he is able to exude a separate 360 degree field of Chakra to tangibly sense anything that is within it. Kidomaru also states that this wasn't a feat done through the Byakugan, and allowed Neji to avoid a fatal blow to his heart. He also used this two more times to avoid instant death.

Edit: Sorry for the constant edits, taking everything into consideration here!
For now I'm Voting Neji FRA

via everything described above, as well as superior AP, LS, very notable feats of endurance, and at least two different methods to counter Ram's invisible wind blades.

Last edited:
Should I change Neji to his first Key to make more fair?
Maybe a long-range starting distance and different setting. Neji benefits heavily from an open space.

I want to recommend 100 meters apart (Neji's range is 50 meters with Byakugan in either key/ 0-5 meters with Eight Trigrams), and in a Forest of some kind.

Neji beyblades until vomiting and Ram wins FRA

I did not read the thread though, I feel powerfull voting for a pink haired waifu not knowing the reasons (And I can't read it because is spoiler for me, the life of anime only is hard)

Ram probably can't actually take Nejis vision and use it to predict him. Byakugans 360° vision is extremely disorienting even for experienced shinobi like Naruto (Naruto Retsuden) who have experience with sensing across different spacetimes.

If she tried doing so she would just get disoriented + she doesn't have the gentle fist training that would allow her to read chakra flow in order to predict her opponents like Neji does.

Furthermore Neji can see invisible shenanigans as someone already explained before + can negate chakra/mana based substances with gentle fist.

Combined with stuff like speed amps, rotation, and AP advantage, I see Neji taking the W.

Ram probably can't actually take Nejis vision and use it to predict him. Byakugans 360° vision is extremely disorienting even for experienced shinobi like Naruto (Naruto Retsuden) who have experience with sensing across different spacetimes.
I would need mkre context on what you are saying and scans that it is canonical
If she tried doing so she would just get disoriented + she doesn't have the gentle fist training that would allow her to read chakra flow in order to predict her opponents like Neji does.
She has other ways to predict her opponent + she can in fact sense mana/chakra
Furthermore Neji can see invisible shenanigans as someone already explained before + can negate chakra/mana based substances with gentle fist.
Multi layered invisibility + its intangible you cant negate it. Also nejj hasnt ever negated a jutsu which has already been shot so thats just straight cap

I would need mkre context on what you are saying and scans that it is canonical
In Retsuden, Naruto gets to use goggles that give him byakugans vision. When he tries them he's instantly disoriented and Orochimaru notes that's because his brain can't process what he's seeing. Furthermore Naruto struggles to even walk straight despite training with them.
Retsuden novels are considered canon on the wiki. I can't find a thread saying so but Kakashis profile uses is it as evidence in the AP section
She has other ways to predict her opponent + she can in fact sense mana/chakra
Sure, that should negate each other with the byakugans ability to predict movements.
Multi layered invisibility + its intangible you cant negate it.
Byakugan was stated to be able to pick up on chakra otherwise invisible which puts its vision above the likes of Sharingan and rinnegan which can see invisible barriers, so layered invisibility shouldn't be an issue. He could at worst just aim dodge since he can predict movements and has genius level intelligence.
its intangible you cant negate it. Also nejj hasnt ever negated a jutsu which has already been shot so thats just straight cap
Neji negated Kidos webs and Mukai states it's outright easy to negate ninjutsu if you can read the chakra flow (and Neji can supposedly use the byakugan to its fullest extent). He also negated fire style ninjutsu and fire should also be intangible so that's also not an issue.

Oh yeah this is part 1 Neji and the "byakugan to its fullest extent" statement should be in regards to shippuden Neji iirc. Still, Neji should far outskill and outsmart Mukai who could casually negate a giant fireball jutsu so the point still stands.

Back