• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Doom Slayer takes a walk in Master Chief's shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically "could you beat the origional trilogy of Halo as Doomguy?" Let's find out.

Plot: Plot? Who needs plot? THIS IS DOOM!

Rules: The Doom Slayer has all of his weapons as well as acess to power-ups, ammo, health, armor, etc... around the areas he's fighting. He also has acess to teleportation portals that allow him to go to Covenant vessels (So he can't just be bombarded to oblivion). The Covenant arn't aware that The Doom Slayer is trying to take them down, though they'll probably find out pretty quickly. Speed unequalized.

Halo1 - Covenant Symbol
DOOM Slayer
The Doom Slayer:
Covenant Empire:

Inconclusive:

So... basically playing Halo with an infinite health cheat then? Because that's pretty much what Doomslayer going through a Halo mission would be like. Kek

The only thing that could kill Doomguy is if he takes a direct hit from a Scarab Beam. But the Covenant doesn't use Scarabs onboard spaceships.

Slayer is only 28 Tons, sure any Wraith shot would melt him down, hell, knowing Brute Chieftains have Invinsibility all the time they could put a good fight, but against Scarabs, Litches and Aerial Vehicles he is screwed.

Doomslayer currently scales to 41.75 tons of TNT actually; and that's only based on a massive lowball, since Doomslayer > The Titan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cyberdemon who only takes chip damage from the BFG; Doomslayer canonically kills Cyberdemons in one punch. And that's not counting Berserk multiplying his already impressive strength. Invincibility shields don't protect from ramming attacks, so they get one shotted. Not to mention Doomslayer is strong enough to split gravity hammers like twigs. Not to mention Doomslayer's massive speed and lifting strength advantage over the entire force.

Doomslayer can easily dodge the Scarab Beams, since he's over 10x faster than John in terms of movement speed, and his combat speed feats are way more casual than any Spartan's reaction speed feats. Scarabs also have pressure points all over the place that even 9-A to 8-C weapons can damage them; Doomslayer could still wreck Scarabs piece by piece if he finds them. Not to mention, his Class M lifting strength which on his profiles says he can lift over 14,000 tons enables him to flat at throw 171 ton Scarabs around with ease. Also, read the OP, Doomslayer can teleport inside their ships, in which Covenants rarely use vehicles in those areas.

Also, Doomslayer might get some upgrades that further strengthens everything I said above and makes this thread all the more stompy.

I think no end was accepted just the general calc. was, also no afair Dooomguy doesnt one-shot Cyberdemon and Hell Guard and only pshysically hurts them when they are already damaged, the Scarab Beam has massive AoE so he can still have a hard time dodging it, also if you are saying the scarab has Pressure points because the SPNKr can damage his legs then you are wrong, where does his Lifting Strenght even comes from? Because he overpower the Titan with pyshical powers? Because if thats the case then its also wrong, not to mention that vessels often refere to just large ships (i.e: Long Night of Solace)

Not even relevant, not to mention that Titans still dont have canon height.

AssaltWaffle said he accepted the Mid end, which was the 41 ton end. Also false, and it was discussed in the lore. Doomslayer became so overpowered, that no demon stood a chance against him. That means even Cyberdemons were made fodder. And that's just game mechanics, Doomslayer is overwhelmingly stronger than Cyberdemon, and even a slight tap can cause his head to explode. Doomslayer is basically the Immortal Saitama of Hell and has for eons (Thousands to billions of years.) And not only that, Doomslayer is canonically invulnerable to Cyberdemon and Hell Guard.

The legs do have openings that can be easily injured by SPNKr rockets, and 9-B Plasma cannons. That's how the a team of ODST soldiers were able to take one out. FanofRPGs and Soldier Blue also said this that Scarabs do have very clear weak points. Massive AoE doesn't help much considering it takes a while to charge and the beam. Also, Doomslayer's a pretty small target that's also super fast; I highly doubt the Scarab pilot would even see Doomslayer move. Doomslayer also legit overpowered the Titan. It said he had no guns or armor; all he had was a knife, and it did say he physically outwrestled the Titan. Also discussed on another thread.

Oh, it's very relevant; and just because Titan doesn't have an official height doesn't mean it isn't calcable. In fact, all sprites of larger demons in the Doom Verse are heavily lowballed.

Just Assalt, it needs more feedback then, prehaps ask Bambu, Doomguy doesnt one shot them, he still fights them there is no mention of them One shotting demons higher than fodder like Imp neither that he is inv. to the Hell Guards nor Cyberdemon (Post sources if you believe otherwise) but yeah Doomslayer is like the Saitama of hell.

No, the legs only go down after intense artillery of Heavy Anti-Air weaponry made to blow up Phantoms, Rockets downing them are game mechanics, again, Doomslayer is fast but Covenant compensate with massive AoE.

>All he had was a knife.

>Refers to the Hellsword wich Samuel used to restrain the Slayer.

Agreed, we are derailing the thread but as long as that calc. isnt accepted you shouldnt bring it, it would be like saying that he is already 7-C without even revisted.

It doesn't need more feedback; it's already had enough input and updates. Just read his comment, he brought up the scientific explanation; it makes zero sense for just the water to be vaporized, especially if the Titanium part was also vaporized. Calcs only need one calc group member to evaluate it for it to be accepted. Considering he's been to Hell for "Eons," and traveled through Worlds and Time, there's no reason to say he hasn't been stomping Cyberdemons. There were piles of Cyberdemon skeletons seen in the intro. Not to mention the same lore literally described Doomslayer as "Unskaithable."

"Blowing up Phantoms" is only an 8-C feat; not to mention said weapons are 9-B with Heavy Plasma Cannon being Small Building level+

Titan background was mentioned here

Never said he was rated that high now, but it's important because once accepted, this will be a stomp thread and I will close it. But for now, we can continue till then.

Yes it does, just one admin or calc. group isnt enough, also every feat that you put doesnt even close to confirm that he has been one-shotting, hell, no codex entrance says he is invulnerable to the Imps or the Barons of Hell, those feats are just experience and scaling, wich doesnt mean he has been stomping everyone in one-punch, if so, then Chief should have been one-shotting elites and hunters since he has also travel space for decades, also the "Unslaithable" just means the demons werent able to kill him, doesnt mean he is invulnerable, just hard to point down.

Those AA Missiles take down Banshees for breakfast, easily over 8-C.

It does not. We already went over it a long time ago. BFG Calc was accepted based in scientific accuracy, it's better to move on to more things. Besides, Cyberdemon does have another feat that might lead to even better upgrades; the tube Doomslayer removed from Cyberdemon and exploded the entire lab research facility should yield high results.

And very false equivalency, the difference is that John has never shown or stated to be physically that much stronger than any other Spartan, nor is he that much stronger than other Elites. And he's also weaker than Brutes and way weaker than Hunters; plus he needed a lot of help to fight the Covenant and other armies all together. Doomguy on the other hand fough Hell's forces on his own, no special weapons, no computer AI, no back from artillery weapons. Not to mention the lore basically refers to Doomslayer as a god. Saying Doomslayer can take damage from Imps is the same thing as saying Master Chief should be 10-C because can get instantly killed by stepping on a 3 inch stream of water.

Unskaithable literally means the same thing has unharmable. Skaith by definition means harming. Still, the fact is, Doomslayer fodderized entire armies Cyberdemons on his own, and slew the Titan, who is overwhelmingly stronger than Cyberdemon. Not to mention the Glory kills do demonstrate that all he did was lightly whack Cyberdemon with his horn and it caused the demons entire head to explode; it's a similar feat to Beerus using a pair of chop sticks to break Tien and Android 18's arms.

Blowing up Banshees through blunt force is only Small Building level. Banshees are 2.25 Metric tons of Titanium like metal, Density of Titanium is 4.500 g/cm^3, so that's 500,000 cc. Fragmentation of Steel, since we don't have one for Titanium is 208 J/cc. 208 * 500,000 = 104,000,000 joules; even high end pulverization would be 1000 J/cc * 500,000 cc = 500,000,000 Joules which is still 9-A. Vaporization if you curious, which is a heat based calc rather than force based, would be 49079.7 J/cc * 500 cc = 24,539,850,000 joules which is High 8-C, but that's high balling it. Even Wraiths and Scorpions only have 8-C durability against force based attacks.

The calc. has been revisted by Bambu so its acceptable.

Again, false, Doomguy had weaponry when he was on hell (DOOM 64) and was blessed by the Seraph alongside getting his Blade and shields, also he didnt fought alone since he was part of the Nights that fought against hell.

Also Doom<Chief<Water<Grunts, easy powerscal.

What I mean is that statements such as "Invulnerable to X Demons" literally doesnt exist, at best it mentions that no force was able to stop him (Whic doesnt mean he is invulnerable, just that hell was still unable to defeat him).

Still doesnt mean he was invulnerable to Cyberdemons, also bad example, to perform the Glory kills you need an already weakend enemy, if anything he doesnt fully scale, also while the hell army was composed of Cybers that doesnt mean he fodderized them, there is no mention of it, it would be like Fal who defeated an entire army of hundreds upon hundreds of hunters, doesnt mean he fodderized them in sheer stats by one and a half tier, just that his combat ability was better.

8-C via Scaling. What you mention in previous thread is contradictory to many vehicles and weapons on the site, we still scale them to others durability, Star Wars vehicles, Lightsabers, why do we need a calc. to prove that destroying a vehcile by a certain a mount results in numbers totally diferent than their ACTUAL durability (This case 8-C)

Accept Doomguy didn't use many weapons, and he didn't really use guns against The Titan. Getting blessed by Sepharim isn't a reason to downgrade him, as it only further proofs his god tier status. Doomguy also bears similarities to Kratos. Also, Doomslayer doesn't get the Crucible till the actual in game. Against the Titan, he had a normal sword which still scales to striking strength and lifting strength.

Considering he's been there for eons and basically traveling through time, space and different worlds, he slaughtered quintillions of demons at bare minimum. And this includes Cyberdemons, Barons of Hell, Hell Guards, ect. Not to mention, there are other underrated bosses that even Classic Doomguy defeated such as the Icon of Sin. And even Lost Souls have Class K lifting strength feats such as ripping out spinal cords. Glory Kills are perfectly legit; weakening them is just game mechanics. BFG does almost nothing to a Cyberdemon's skeleton where as Doomslayer's own bare hands cause Cyberdemon skeletons to outright explode. Doomslayer still takes hits from The Titan, who is overwhelmingly stronger than Cyberdemon, and is about to receive a massive upgrade.

Again, reverse power scaling and inanimate object over scaling. Lightsabers are enhanced by the wielder's powers, like many other melee weapons are. They use force amplification to enhance the strength of their lightsabers. We don't assume Star Wars tanks are Planet level. Also, the Tie Fighter actually has Town level calcs among other things with their durability being only Large Buidling level+, and the ships are made of fictional metals that warrant that level of durability. Here, Halo vehicles are just made of Titanium and are dependant on RL logic. Star Fox for example is also a more cartoonie verse were even smaller ships have consistent Tier 6 feats. Also, Scorpions and Wraiths getting easily destroyed by certain weapons are the only reasons those weapons are 8-C to begin with. Scaling durability to something that screws you over big time is the definition of reverse power scaling.

Also, this is a perfect summary of this thread.

Virgin Chief Chad Slayer

@DDM

Are you sure you don't have at least some form of Bias against Halo? You say you don't, and usually I can believe that is the case. But then you do stuff like this and it reforms my vision.

When people make the Chad vs Virgin meme, the "Virgin" represents what the creator dislikes. While the "Chad" represents what they like/favor.

Also, said meme is heavily biased, clearly made by a Doom fanboy. But all the "Negative" qualities it points out makes MC a hell of a lot more interesting than Doomguy, just saying. Doomguy is literally a blank slate protagonist just like MC once was. And to anyone who actually thinks Doomguy is better than MC character wise. I'm sorry, but I think your tastes need some serious adjustment.

Or are you just trying to trigger people on purpose?

Also you do realize Halo Titanium is not real world Titanium right? It's a specific alloy that is both much stronger, and heat resistant. Something I'm pretty sure we do not have. Using RL logic to scale a game like Halo which consistently breaks our own laws of physics among other things is fallacious.

It might just be me, but that meme is always false ro an extent, with the point being that you point out ridicolous advantages one has over the other.

That's the point of the Virgin vs Chad meme. To insult something. For example, back during the whole discord drama someone made one specifically targeting Antvasima.

lmao most points he mades are actually the contrary, not to mention some points are also shared by both.

Master Chief:

Genuinely Human development over time, Human moments, actually has friends, gained and lost. Tons of side stories. While at the same time being a badass and killing aliens. With or without help.

Doomslayer:

Rip and tear kill demons bwhahahahah

Altough, being serious, there is always the common trope for slodier badasses in FPS (see Chief, Slayer, Samus) who mostly got no personality whatsoever, they are suposed to be the player, thats what makes them "cool" and "enigmatic", while Slayer its still that Chief actually became a character until Halo 2 and (for better or worst) he still develop in the sequels.

Thats all, now back on the thread...

The Virgin Vs Chad meme was solely a running joke with no intention of harm, as it alway is. And it was mostly a comeback to the Water being superior to everything argument. Matt uses Virgin Vs Chad memes all the time for example, and he's a cool guy. Besides, even ones that I do disagree with, I still find humorous; there's Virgin Doomguy and Chad Freeman for example, or Virgin Saiyan and Chad Saint. On topic, there exists a Virgin Chad and Chad Virgin comparison. As someone who likes Goku better than Seiya overall, I'll note that it is true that Seiya is technically more victorious and powerful. Still, I apologize regardless.

Still, I have no distaste towards the games or the characters, just the fanbase or wank people give it all the time. I enjoy playing the games and the story for the most part, but it is not the 10/10 flawless Masterpiece that the fans says it is. It's more like an 8/10 IMO. Not saying Doom is either, but I need to point things out. First of all, you can judge a character solely based on quantity, there's also quality to consider. Also, Doomguy just being a blank state protagonist is actually false, if you read the guidebooks you'll find that Doomguy actually does have a backstory and once had family and friends. Also, "having no friends" isn't really true, it's better said all his friends and family are dead, but he still has the strong will to live on.

Also, Doomguy's actual motivation is to avenge his pet rabbit Daisy. So better way to describe Doomguy's character, "Whatever I rip and tear, I do it for Daisy. I will avenge the bunny no matter the cost, so that she may rest in Bunny Heaven." I don't know about you, but I can actually relate to that very well. I'm an animal lover who was very attached to my dog. And when she passed away a couple years ago, that was actually really hard on me. It was harder on me then losing an Uncle, Grandparent, or my Great Grandparents, because I was actually closer to my dog than any of them. And I also had a couple childhood friends that past away last year, one died in a motorcycle accident and the other had a heart virus. So I don't care how little it is quantity wise, but quality wise, anyone who's willing to go through great lengths to avenge a murdered pet is a true hero in my book. That also goes for Samus, who had her Baby Metroid murdered by Mother Brain. Who never murder with a true Father or Mother's baby and get away with it.

Back to Halo, I actually like some of the other characters in the verse better than John. The Arbiter and Avery Johnson are actually both cooler characters than Master Chief IMO. The Arby being a hero turned villain was actually something I really liked. Plus in Halo 3, he's actually better gameplay wise do to initially having plasma and sticky grenades. And Johnson, is the one who really says all the badass one liners, Master Chief was originally flat until Halo 3, and has character in Halo 4 and in the books, but I still like Johnson and Arby's personality more. There's also some really obscure characters who don't get enough credit such as Xytan Jar Wattinree.

Now, I still liked MC as a character until he got flat out ruined in Halo 5 Guardians. I know the problem is that you barely got to play as John, and that Locke taking stage was the problem people had. And I agree, Locke is a shit character whom we wish was never created, but that doesn't change John's newly acquired problems. Him acting like a spoiled child throughout the game whenever he appeared was another reason people refer to Halo 5 Guardians as the Metroid Other M of Halo. Just because the gameplay was still solid in both games, doesn't save the story from being horrible; especially with turning the respective heroes into a Daddy's girl and Mama's boy. Speaking of Cortana, I was never really a big fan of her character either. She was helpful in the first Halo game, but Halo 3 and beyond basically turned her into Navi. Especially with her becoming the main villain of Halo 5. Though, Halo Infinite might change something and start to make her more likable, so there is hope. It still would have been better if Didact actually lived on as possessing a Warden Eternal as mentioned on another thread; he has potential to be a good villain like in the books, but was wasted potential in Halo 4

Now back to Doom again, I should point out that making a simple yet effective story is often times better than a big story that goes all over the place. The fact that Doom takes a simple approach actually means there's far less PIS or games and stories with bad stories than Halo. Halo 4 was good story, except for the PIS scenes that made Didact wasted potential. Not to mentioned he was ultimately defeated by a computer virus. Then of course there was that bad comic that followed it and Halo 5 Guardians; both of which sucked story wise. Not to mention; look at Sonic 2006 for example; that had a ton of story, but it was so all over the place and horrible.

With that being said, neither Doomguy nor John are even remotely close to being my all time favorite characters. I do like them both overall, and they both have strength and weaknesses in terms of character. John does have more personality, he also has more flaws. Doomguy might be simpler, but he's arguably manlier or more badass. Plus he at least has something that makes him a character, but that small thing is a big significance heart wise. John still has some friends, but loosing all your friends is literally the hardest thing a man can deal with, which Doomslayer had to deal with for "eons." Now for choice in character, I'm fairly open minded, I let people like who they like more as long as they aren't toxic towards each other. Though, I still like Doomguy a bit more due to me having more relation, and his fanbase is far less toxic generally speaking.

Also, let me point this out. At least both characters and game franchises are way better than Call of Duty. Because all the CoD games suck, and none of the characters in those games are even close to likable. I dislike Battlefield, Density, Borderlands, Titanfall, and many other games of the like as well. I like some shooters, like Halo, Doom, Blood, and various classic FPS's, but even then, I'm far more of a Platformer JRPG guy.

But as a fighter/warrior, Doomslayer still takes the cake. He's single handedly fodderized enemies way bigger and stronger than anyone John faced, save Didact. Didact currently solos all of Doom tier wise, but Doom Eternal might surprise us if Halo Infinite doesn't; Halo Infinite might surprise us as will, just saying. But still, he's fought worse than the Covenant and even Hunters are puny compared to Cyberdemons or the Titan. He could rip the worms out of the Mgalekgolo killing them in the process.

Also, Samus isn't really an FPS character, she's a Platformer character originally. And Prime's more of an Adventure game rather than an a shooter. Still, Samus has way more character development then people give her credit for. Read the canon Manga from 2002 or Samus & Joey, which is considered canon here. Her backstory is actually much darker than John's, and she's done more heroic things. Her parents were murdered right in front of her when she was only 3 and dealt with trauma and being scared for life. And she actually has personality, and Fusion also reveals quite a bit of personality. She's a true heroine and an absolute genius in every way. Training with gods, building her own ships from scratch, fighting both supernatural and Cosmic threats, and saving the universe. Her being brokenly haxed isn't a good reason to shame her either. And while I don't have any problem with Doomguy loosing to John, I'll note that Samus Vs Master Chief will forever be a stomp in Samus's favor, and the more that's made clear, the better ^^.

Anyway, I think we all pretty much called this a stomp. Plus we did kind of derailed the thread quite a bit. So, I better close this, but we can talk about whatever we want here. We kind of need more fun and games boards afterall.

Edit: I also made an error on the Titanium density, so I rewrote all those calcs. Fragmentation Banshee's is 9-A actually, with vaporizing them being High 8-C. And actually, Titanium in Halo is Ceramic Titanium, which is a thing IRL, but we don't have official vaporization or fragmentation value for. But still, I know what reverse power scaling is, and we shouldn't calc stack to make everything have Building level durability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back