• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Didact(Halo) vs Caleb (Blood)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes thats what I ment, just soul damage, you should also fix the explanation on his page to correspond to soul damage.

Except when enough soul damage is done, it eventually causes sould destruction.

I dont think the Didact would let himself be damage twice, he would kill Caleb if he gets his Soul heavily damage, not to mention that the Composer causes great pain in other being's essences and Didact can survive two Composer, even three to a point but it can get affected if he stays by some time.

Halo The Composer's Abyss

It should be said that once the Didact actually takes damage from one of Caleb's hits, he's unlikely to continue underestimating him. The Didact continuing to hold back against Master Chief and Blue team despite taking a knife to the eye was blatant PIS/CIS. Especially since they should've been killed just like Spartan steam Black.

You really think one of the highest ranking Forerunner generals acted this way through his entire 10 thousand plus year life?

Yeah thats my main problem, I feel that him being cocky and all is too exagerated, same thing with percieving Caleb as a threath, I feel is too obvious against somebody like Caleb that he is gonna do some nasty shit like kill puppies or writte an essay with Comic sans.

Altought I would like to hear MrKing's opinion to see if he changes his vote or mantain it.

Yeah the Didact holding back and stuff is exxagerated. Four 9-A's getting killed by a 8-A/Low 7-C and then another team of four 9-A's coming along, surviving against him, and even landing a hit on his eye is blatant PIS.

Soul damaging isn't something that's often noticed unless the character has spiritual awareness; which literally no character in the Halo universe has. And no, I'm sure Didact would get serious when he actually detects a threat. Like the Ancient Humans have tanks and ships, that would threaten Didact to the point where he would fight back and use Portals maybe. Didact's probably going to think it's just chest piercing. Caleb can also use the Voodoo Doll very fast; like give or take Caleb would probably kill Didact's soul in like 4-5 hits, which he can do fast before Didact has a chance to restrain him. Plus, Didact is gonna get weaker and weaker after each hit.

Also, didn't Caleb deal with enemies with Chain Manipulation, because that's not much different than Didact using Hard Light; oh yeah, I forgot that Hard Light does come from light, so it's not much different from elemental manipulation users. But it's not much different from what Caleb deals with multiple times and is twice as strong as Didact's 8-A rating. If Caleb can deal with someone like Ishmael, or at least physical overpower those who resist his chain manipulation, than Caleb can withstand the Hard Light restraining. Composer is still outside help, and actually, the rule about adding match ups with abilities restricted applies to natural abilities. Weapon restrictions are still fair game, though it's preferable to keep weapons they carry around. So Telekinesis, Portals, Hard Light Manipulation are fair game, but the Composer is just some back up weapon that should be treated as outside help.

I'm not saying Didact wins. I'm just pointing out that his tendency to hold back has been severely exaggerated.

Well, to be fair, Master Chief is infamous for his "luck"; still PIS, but maybe that's the reason Didact always holds back against him. Although, Cortana also caught him by surprise. But being Egotistical is still a weakness.

His Ego is only against the Ancient Humanity due to their likeness and similar technology, wich he always was disgust about, even against fight against lower he never dropped the guard, not to mention that letting Caleb use like 4 or 5 Voodoo dolls is kinda streching considering that he has speed advantage and the fact that he can just open a portal inside his body as a desesperate tactic if he pleases.

Didact scales to a Mach 1.25 feat whereas Caleb scales to a > Mach 1.6 feat. Caleb still has distance negation; which technically counts as range advantage. Caleb's Precognition should also warn Caleb about the portal and give him time to move to a different spot. Also, Didact's going to get slower and weaker each time Caleb hits him with the Voodoo doll; having a fractured soul even slightly can do all sorts of things.

Mach 1.25? Was MC's bullet dodgin feats ever even calced?

And honestly the Didact's speed is ridiciullously lowballed, due to the lack of viable feats out there.

The bullet John dodged was a Magnum; Magnum's muzzle velocity is 427 m/s which is Mach 1.25. Caleb's speed is also lowballed because we used the minimum value of Machine generated electricity that Caleb dodges casually; where as John barely dodged the Magnum.

Anyway, Grace Period appears to have ended. So we could add this and let a Discussion Mod close the thread.

KarmodF said:
Yes thats what I ment, just soul damage, you should also fix the explanation on his page to correspond to soul damage.
The Death Wave isn't soul damage, though. It's death manipulation. It instantly kills the target the moment Caleb waves his hand over the doll.

Even the manual states this, IIRC.

Oh yeah, I noticed that sooner, Caleb does oneshot the Didact when I noticed Death Manipulation. Anyway, grace period is already over and I already added the matches, so if there's a Discussion Mod or above out there, the thread can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back