• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Didact Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theglassman12

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Been meaning to make this since my Halo binge not that long ago. So the Didact is scaled to the Composer via a feat it did on Earth at the end of Halo 4. Here's a problem with this feat, it's not a full on destructive feat as its whole thing is to turn any organic life into data that the Composer stores, both shown with the Composer level and in the very end of Halo 4 where the entire city is intact, but all humans are gone. Even the comics states that it literally doesn't cause any destruction whatsoever and instead just absorbs the targets by turning them into Data. All in all this shouldn't scale to AP whatsoever, and instead should just be a hax resistance feat for the Didact. He should just scale from his 8-A feat where he ionized Chief's cover in the beginning of 4.

support solely because it reverts back to one of the calcs I made before being asked back to the site, that shit is so ******* bad

shoutout to VersusJunkie

anyways I don't know anything about Halo 4 so my input is moot, watching in case you need a staff vote down the line

I was aware of the downgrade and was planning a lot of revisions for Halo but PC issues combined with RL business has been holding back for a lot of things these past couple years. But I agree Composer is not applicable. The alleged Nuke feat is also unquantifiable since both secondary materials as well as Halo 5 Guardians that nothing happened that could scale to durability. All that happened was Cortana transported John to safety; and the alleged "Forcefield thing" also wouldn't even remotely be scaled from Havok. Didact struggled to break the hardlight chains which I'm positive are far less durable than a Hardlight Forcefield given the lack of thickness. And especially no wear near as durable as the bridge that was outright demolished by the Havok.

Also, as for the 8-A feat, actually this scan and this one basically prove it's not a feat for Didact but just the Mantle's Approach shape shifting some of its components. So that feat will need to be axed too. But not sure if there really are many notable physical feats aside from just upscaling from Spartans. I also have plans to downgrade Spartan level enemies to 9-A since pretty much all of out Tier 8 calculations were recalculated to feats mostly ranging from 9-B with only like 1 or 2 9-A feats left. There's also going to be a rule about pure heat/thermal energy vs overpressure and we are especially going to avoid downscaling from weapons that literally vaporize people. But I suppose that may need to be saved for later. Simply upscaling him from Spartans is honestly the best thing we can do.

Actually, that one also has issues. It's mostly considered a weapon containing anti-matter particles and the Tier 8 stuff via vaporizing the equivalent of 1000+ combat form floods would only scale to the thermal energy output and wouldn't translate to how much blunt force trauma (It's not really much stronger various 9-A rocket launchers otherwise when used against typical objects such as buildings and tanks). Plus, the opposite is actually shown to be true based on what's consistent. The Didact himself uses Incineration Cannons when fighting against floods as did his soldiers when invading Spore Mountains. And there's be no need for him to use them if he was able to vaporize so many flood regularly without weapons. I also have issues with the currently accepted calculation and seems it relies to heavily on some weirdly specific assumptions here and there, but that's another thing on my list of things to tackle later.

For the time being we can simply upscale him from various characters below him. I do notice other characters like Warden Eternal also scale from faulty reasoning since he has a key that upscales from Incineration Cannon. The High 8-C+ also comes from upscaling from Wraith Mortars, which also has the same issues as Incineration Cannon in term of it being pure heat and splash damage rather than precise force. The Arm Blade and Hardlight Sword calculations however might still be good for now. The latter is High 8-C; I know it's another vaporization calculation, but it's at least done via a physical strike.

So I believe High 8-C looks good.

Also, as for the 8-A feat, actually this scan and this one basically prove it's not a feat for Didact but just the Mantle's Approach shape shifting some of its components. So that feat will need to be axed too. But not sure if there really are many notable physical feats aside from just upscaling from Spartans. I also have plans to downgrade Spartan level enemies to 9-A since pretty much all of out Tier 8 calculations were recalculated to feats mostly ranging from 9-B with only like 1 or 2 9-A feats left. There's also going to be a rule about pure heat/thermal energy vs overpressure and we are especially going to avoid downscaling from weapons that literally vaporize people. But I suppose that may need to be saved for later. Simply upscaling him from Spartans is honestly the best thing we can do.
Except it's not the Mantle's approach, he doesn't regain that ship until Mission 8 (Midnight) ends, the scene with the feat in question is after he just woke up from his prison. More to the point, it's almost exactly the visualized for the disintegration effect of weapons like the Scattershot, Binary Rifle and Incineration Cannon

Last edited:
Except it's not the Mantle's approach, he doesn't regain that ship until Mission 8 (Midnight) ends, the scene with the feat in question is after he just woke up from his prison. More to the point, it's almost exactly the visualized for the disintegration effect of weapons like the Scattershot, Binary Rifle and Incineration Cannon
Apparently, it's not just Mantle's Approach that is built using smartmatter. And it's not really explained that Didact ionized the hardlight door with his heat eyes or what not. And Hardlight in general kind of behaves weirdly; Prometheans in general just ionize whenever they die regardless of what causes death combined with a lot of Forerunner structures in general can shapeshift via getting ionized on some parts and rebuilding them. So those aren't the only concerns regarding that calculation.

Apparently, it's not just Mantle's Approach that is built using smartmatter.
I mean it's possibly smartmatter here but there's no indication given that it is and it's kinda unlikely to me Didact could immediately tap into said smart matter
And Hardlight in general kind of behaves weirdly; Prometheans in general just ionize whenever they die regardless of what causes death combined with a lot of Forerunner structures in general can shapeshift via getting ionized on some parts and rebuilding them. So those aren't the only concerns regarding that calculation.
Thing is Pormetheans seem to function differently, most Forerunner tech in both sagas aren't exactly known to ionize like this. I'd be fine with a new rating since this thread gives us better feats to possibly scale

While listing a bunch of feats that are worth looking into is nice; keep in mind that Reddit Blogs are often disorganized with some of the feats not having the most proper calculations. And I can already vouch some of the feats (Particularly in the speed section) list feats I already addressed and debunked numerous times. Which may also still take time and may want to be saved for a future thread.

But the main topic is that Composer calculation isn't quantifiable, the nuke durability is also invalid. The 8-A calculation is built using some material with wonky chemistry that shouldn't be assumed to be the same as Titanium. Hardlight is consistently comparable if not tougher than Titanium-A when it comes to traditional attacks, but in terms of "Energy required to vaporize/ionize" it, it really doesn't take that much energy to do that to Hardlight. Prometheans also have bodies similar to Smartmatter that other Forerunner constructs are said to have. Another issue is both 8-A calcs are still pure heat feat calculations and not overpressure feats; which while still AP, wouldn't scale to striking strength or fully scale to anyone's durability given the upcoming standards to separating withstanding pure thermal energy =/= overpressure.

I still think Hardlight swords having the ability to vaporize hunters in a strike is currently the best for now. But if some of those other feats have proper calculations to use later, we may get some upgrades later on sure.

Last edited:
While listing a bunch of feats that are worth looking into is nice; keep in mind that Reddit Blogs are often disorganized with some of the feats not having the most proper calculations. And I can already vouch some of the feats (Particularly in the speed section) list feats I already addressed and debunked numerous times. Which may also still take time and may want to be saved for a future thread.
The entire point is fixing what feats there would be applicable tho
So which end are you ok with Didact scaling to @Hellbeast
im cool with 8-A but if that’s not viable either we could use some new feats

I’m still in favor of the 8-A feat unless there’s an anti feat to that for the Didact.

Downgrading the Didact makes sense to me. The calc for it uses the vaporization of a human being, but it's not vaporizing anyone. Rather, it's turning them into data.

Another issue is both 8-A calcs are still pure heat feat calculations and not overpressure feats; which while still AP, wouldn't scale to striking strength or fully scale to anyone's durability given the upcoming standards to separating withstanding pure thermal energy =/= overpressure.
This was another thing I edited my post. If we still think using the Didact's 8-A calculation is fine, then sure. But it may still only scale to his AP and not his physical stats for reasons aformentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back