• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Crusader (Darkest Dungeon) vs. Blade Knight

huh

i thought the comma was a period

Well I got another match for Blade Knight then

So >2.8 Ninatons vs 2.5.

Alright. So, they're about even.

The most useful tools for both sides is statistics amps for Knight and Healing for the Crusader.

How strong is the Knight's side of things?

(Except the Heart of Darkness would only cause that event after fully maturing. What you fight is a heavily weakened baby version, basically).

So he's probably way way less than that, if at all.

I personally think the Crusader should be Unknown, maybe 9-B or something

I also don't think we can scale PCs to the full heart, but there's an early game calc at 9-A off of swine prince/king/god and the sleeper got tier 7.

>9-B

breathes deeply

Bois' in the fact that the Ancestor isn't so unbelievably stupid as to send experienced killers into the pit of it's master as it's at like .000000000000000000000000000001% of it's power

The fork

Okay so

How does 16 9-As = 5-A then

Not to mention that you know the Heart had plenty of time to power up by the time you get to kill it before it quite reaches planet level. It would make no sense for it to spontaneously jump from Town Level to Large Planet level within like, a few hours before the deed is supposed to be done.

Not to mention, the Ancestor isn't just some random sucker. He was able to peer into some serious cosmic knowlege and did a lot of shady research for years and years, and let me tell you, it takes nowhere near that IQ to think that a trained assassin eith a knife going into the lair of your master at .0000000000000000001% of it's full potency may be a ever so slightly terrible idea.

Just for reference: User_blog:Mr._Bambu/Darkest_Dungeon_Calcs:_Early_Game_to_Mid_Game

They don't kill a 5-A heart

The heart they kill was one gestating entity that managed to start a bit faster than the rest of the whole, but the whole point of that encounter was for the heart to rub it in that no matter what you do even to the point of killing it, nothing you do will really matter.

It also wasn't like in imminent danger of planet busting, in fact the opposite is implied. It was said that when the stars alligned, the full form would emerge shattering the planet. That implies it's more of an inevitable eventuality, which also makes more sense given the inspirations, as opposed to "hey the hesrt's gonna go off soon".

Yes of course. The whole point is that the Doom of humanity is inevitable. But, that still doesn't explain why on Earth the Ancestor would let a squad of 7-Cs into their house when they were just about to complete their goals.

The ancestor went insane, and whether or not you believe he's accepted the heart either way getting the party to kill it early makes sense. If he's fighting the influence then it's obvious why, if he's not it's basically so the heart can flex it's nature as an inetivable bringer of the end.

Inevitable didn't mean the heart was about to leave. I explained above why this is actually the opposite. The point of the ending was no matter how many larvae are killed, no matter how many times this cycle repeats, there's eventually gonna be a cycle where the heart wins out or the stars allign, and the heart is ok with waiting.

By killing itself?

That doesn't make that much sense. Why on Earth would any being on this Earth throw away basic survival Instinct for a plot twist?

But hey, there's a possibly there for a reason.

Because death isn't really an inconvenience to the thing. It wants to mentally break it's creations for its own sadistic joy. Theoretically there's nothing stopping it from Come Into your Maker 4 times, but I'd only does two to intentionally give the survivors a hollow victory, with them knowing they only lived because the heart willed it (or because they're a high as **** leper looks like the heart didn't see that coming). Compare it to you basically letting a bug bite you because you can't be bothered to shoo it.

Alright, fair play.

But then there's Stygian mode.

Why would they put a game mechanic into their story that blaintly flips off the entire point? That's the equivalent of having Bloodborne having a mode where The Living Failures turn into an absolute monster on hypergiga death difficulty.

To make the game harder

With the sleeper in the game, you could say that the 11 deaths or 2 years is enough for it to challenge that thing, of which it was said wasn't abfight humanity would live to see the end of. That, or this particular cycle the heart's closer than usual. Or, it's enough of a sacrifice for the heart to cause widespread appocalyptic devastation but not be 5-A. Or, the heart just gets bored of messing with it's creations after a while and decides to end it. The thing's basically a god after all.

There's also the possibilty that the heart's full of shit and the ending is one last spiteful like to try to mess with the survivors, but I don't think we can consider that for the purposes of this site.

Wokistan said:
Or, the heart just gets bored of messing with it's creations after a while and decides to end it. The thing's basically a god after all.
I mean

The whole point of the start of the game is "It was sleeping, I woke it up, oh fork what have I done, get here quick before it eats everything". Implying there's a point that it can't eat anything and there's an actual meaning to getting down to, if nothing but temporarily, stop it.

Actually, if it's such an overpowered, ungodly beast, why even bother with all the Templars and cultist and Sirens? Just let them go directly to it to almost die and figure out everything was pointless.

Either that or it's actually because they need to be fed and get to 5-A like the Ancestor actually straight up said in his twist monologue.

Wokistan said:
Compare it to you basically letting a bug bite you because you can't be bothered to shoo it.
I mean

If I was so unbelievably weakened as a 5-A that I could be killed by a 7-C bug I would probably kill that bug

Templar, cultist, sirens, etc are all issues that exist. The heir only got a letter telling them about the ancestor delving into forbidden knowledge, they probably found the other problems first and cleared it out. A direct feed may be faster, but that really doesn't imply scaling.

Venomous bugs tho

Also, the death of that one tiny section would be less than the pain of a bee sting or something.

I mean, yeah, the stuff outside the Darkest Dungeon are still there, but, when you get to the Darkest Dungeon, you have to do a ton of stuff to actually get to it. If it wanted to flex the fact that "You are nothing to me", it would just say "come at me lol" and kick their teeth in.

Ugh... Then your own analogy falls apart.

Means I won't be using that part of the body any time soon, which I'd perfer avoiding.

You actually don't. It's just that the heroes refuse to go back once they witness the horrors, so you need to do enough stuff to train up 16 (ideally) level 6 heroes. A guy did a 26 week run iirc.

it's a joke

Keep in mind, this "section of the body" would be like a bit of skin or a cell, and that most of the heart isn't even awake.

Well, I mean, you have to

Kill A Beholder thing and all it's bodyguards (can't remember their legit name)

Kill A bunch of templars and get some Powernull up in here

And then go on the longest quest in the forking game and just explore the vastness of it.

If the heart just wanted to get a point across, they would have done so and cut out everything in between. Or, it was actually not really at full power nor wanted to fork around that much.

They've still gotta actually get to the heart. All that stuff is in the way, and since they don't know what they're getting into having the wards set up in DD mission 2 can't hurt.

Remember that most of the heart is asleep, and that the HoD takes clear inspiration from Nyarlathotep. Nyar did unnecessary and petty shit to **** with humans all the time, because it could and wanted to spice up it's job basically. The heart knows it's can win whenever it wants, so why not have some fun with it's toys and creations in the meantime.

I mean, yes, it's inspired my Nyar, but, is there really, solid, actual proof of that being the case?

Sure never got that impression in game.

They're both called the crawling chaos, for one, and the HoD is generally a dick. I'm not scaling him super far into 1-A or anything, what I am doing here is using the source of inspiration as an explanation as to the actions of the heart and why the events that transpired make sense without scaling to the heart. I've gotta go to sleep, someone should probably rename and move this to darkest dungeon revision or something.

I mean, there isn't an implication it's toying with us like Nyar so much as it's patient and doesn't really care that it dies, for it'll just come back again and again for eternity.

Back