• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Commoner's Thread: The Death of SCP

This was quick.
Uhuh. Well, I also don’t get the whole Marvel/DC comparison though as ultimately it was officially approved and have several decades of history that involves comics and other specifically approved media that is also technically copyrighted at this point as well being adored and/or known by the general public from the US and rest of the world (well for some time before the modern days as it is a mixed bags in more modern times) so ultimately I don’t exactly agree with Agnaa as at some point, we really need to find something that should not cross the line further than it already has

Last edited:
Bro wanted them interactions.

Anyway JBW got y'all covered
No, we don't allow JBW to be used as a "backup" for serious profiles anymore. JBW is a joke profile wiki, we delete profiles that don't fit that category now. We aren't going to accept SCP profiles. They're gonna have to go into blogs or sandboxes.

Uhuh. Well, I also don’t get the whole Marvel/DC comparison though as ultimately it was officially approved and have several decades of history that involves comics and other specifically approved media that is also technically copyrighted at this point as well being adored and/or known by the general public from the US and rest of the world (well for some time before the modern days as it is a mixed bags in more modern times) so ultimately I don’t exactly agree with Agnaa as at some point, we really need to find something that should not cross the line further than it already has
My point is not "SCP is exactly the same as Marvel and DC, and so if one gets deleted, the others should too!"

I was just giving an explanation for how SCP got high tiers.

My point is not "SCP is exactly the same as Marvel and DC, and so if one gets deleted, the others should too!"

I was just giving an explanation for how SCP got high tiers.
From a VS debating perspective and tiering perspective, it is understandable.

But from a different perspective, the comparison will eventually run its course as the differences will have to come into what should been allowed into VSBW as I am well aware there has been discussions off and on site regarding such content such as this as it is a slippery slope (At least that is what I thinking).

Either way, I am more concerned about this as the SCP staff members are more than likely aware of this and has allowed for a long time (I think anyway) so to rope them in for what was caused indirectly by VBSW, intentionally or not, seems reasonable, but I not sure that will necessarily outright mitigate the problem as it is.

The SCP -J articles might be allowable on JBW on technicality?

From a VS debating perspective and tiering perspective, it is understandable.

But from a different perspective, the comparison will eventually run its course as the differences will have to come into what should been allowed into VSBW as I am well aware there has been discussions off and on site regarding such content such as this as it is a slippery slope (At least that is what I thinking).

Either way, I am more concerned about this as the SCP staff members are more than likely aware of this and has allowed for a long time (I think anyway) so to rope them in for what was caused indirectly by VBSW, intentionally or not, seems reasonable, but I not sure that will necessarily outright mitigate the problem as it is.
Again, it's not about whether it should be allowed.

Bambu said "SCP gets these high tiers through contamination".

I said "No, it got those high tiers through a similar process to Marvel/DC".

Stop reading that as "If SCP gets deleted, Marvel/DC should get deleted too".

Whether SCP gets deleted due to that contamination or not would have absolutely zero bearing on whether Marvel/DC stay on the site.

Basically, Marvel/DC used to get their high tiers due to multiple Authors adding a bunch of stuff, and we composited them all.

SCP got its high tiers due to a similar process, a bunch of authors adding a bunch of stuff, and we grouped them all together and got the monstrosity that is SCP today.

SCP used a similar process to Marvel/DC, but that doesn't mean we should delete Marvel/DC, as this is only one aspect for the deletion of SCP, there are a bunch of other stuff that is a cause for concern in SCP, which is why it is being deleted. Marvel/DC doesn't have those shit. Agnaa isn't arguing that since Marvel/DC also use multiple authors, then they should get deleted too.

Last edited:

Whether SCP gets deleted due to that contamination or not would have absolutely zero bearing on whether Marvel/DC stay on the site.
I think you misunderstood what I say. I not suggest that Marvel and DC get deleted off the site, I meant to refer to SCP as a whole as while it technically seems to have a approval process, that approval process isn’t necessarily the same as being approved by the writers and the company.

After all, it is being approved by users that visit the site if memories served right and I not sure if comparison of approval processes will work in case of SCP as it still is a website handled by online users at the end of the day

I think we need to make a distinction here, i can't immediately ask Warner Bros or Marvel Disney to give me, a complete random guy with no credentials or friends in high places, a job to write for their comics. While i can indeed make a wikidot account and with enough effort and time eventually make my own SCP.

I think we need to make a distinction here, i can't immediately ask Warner Bros or Marvel Disney to give me, a complete random guy with no credentials or friends in high places, a job to write for their comics. While i can indeed make a wikidot account and with enough effort and time eventually make my own SCP.

Hah. Another thread for the peasants of the land, who slave away on the Content Revision fields in the desperate hope of acknowledgement by their evaluating lords and ladies. How winsome. swirls Versus Battles Wiki brand wine glass with boundless outerversal layers of smug grins and 1-A pretentious aura hax

(I'll be keeping an eye on this thread in case any novel, useful input on the thread comes up, since I think this is an important matter that warrants this kind of secondary thread for open input. I could have simply watched the thread without saying anything to do this, but this was more fun.)

Hah. Another thread for the peasants of the land, who slave away on the Content Revision fields in the desperate hope of acknowledgement by their evaluating lords and ladies. How winsome. swirls Versus Battles Wiki brand wine glass with boundless outerversal layers of smug grins and 1-A pretentious aura hax
Ngl I wish I become staff one day (preferably fcoc)

(I'll be keeping an eye on this thread in case any novel, useful input on the thread comes up, since I think this is an important matter that warrants this kind of secondary thread for open input. I could have simply watched the thread without saying anything to do this, but this was more fun.)
Lol

But in a more serious manner, when we might need to do something about fictional online only content as this problem should been addressed if anything as since everything is digital and all, it is not unlikely for us to have addressed the online fictional media only before if memories served right on the multiple discussion to have been here.

Then again, I might overlook something regarding that

I don't care about this thread right now but Idiosycraticlawyer's response to Bambu had to be one of the most childish and pretentious things I could imagine to be said here. Really not a good look for SCP supporters.

Will they be moved to FCOC?
As a member of the FC/OC community, we would like to humbly decline this offer. Since VSBW doesn't want it, maybe JBW would be interested instead. Sorry.

I don't care about this thread right now but Idiosycraticlawyer's response to Bambu had to be one of the most childish and pretentious things I could imagine to be said here. Really not a good look for SCP supporters.
agreed
that was a shocking thing to read

As a member of the FC/OC community, we would like to humbly decline this offer. Since VSBW doesn't want it, maybe JBW would be interested instead. Sorry.
As someone who made a shitty low quality godmode profile on JBW once, I’d like to redirect SCP and its supporters to CSAP, who allow anyone to make pages about almost anything

It was an inappropriate comment, but he has apologised for it now. I would rather neither the main thread nor this one is used for open complaints about the matter.

Yes, I was groggy when I typed that, and I could've expressed myself better.

It literally mentions it can kill the version of Gandalf from LoR (linking said profile) and Sherlock Homes from Sherlock.
Yes it is unbelievably stupid and blatant copyright theft, but from what i read it's ANY piece of fiction i.e just adpating to whatever piece of work in the Universe of SCP and that's just to feats in its Article. It doesn't literally mean the thing is Low 1-C because it killed Gandalf, that's not how things work for a majority of verses on this site with Crossovers, only some exceptions exist and this is not one of them.

This gonna be a long thing.
Woah. My issue with all of this is some of this is just nameing fallacies, and some of the profiles don't really explain why some of them are high 1-A or tier 0 when they shouldn't be also considering the fact most scps are like really weird to scale.

>Case Four: Baroque Unreality
A less worrying case, but still worthy of mention following the above for its similar explicit mention of our lingo. It even goes so far as to cite the wiki pages it is satirizing, in particular our concept of "Tier 0" and our page on the Department of Unreality, which is the piece of Extended Canon this article is from. This, too, has well exceeded the necessary rating to be considered "canon" per our standards on that subject.
It should be irrefutably known now that SCP writers are, broadly speaking, aware of the wiki sufficiently to integrate its lingo into their own pages to achieve the effecs they want. Here, it is obvious their intended impressions are comedic or scornful: they achieve this by mentioning us directly. Other pages on the SCP wiki appear to be guilty of the same, but less explicitly, which we believe to be intentional to allow publication on our wiki (which further cements a competent awareness of VS Battles Wiki and its rulings on the subject).

"Rsr. Thorely: You all just don't understand the Department of Unreality like my new friends do! I am Tier 0 which is the coolest one! I can make things exist, and teleport, which, by the way, reaches all the way to Poland! and I can make dissociative episodes happen on other people, AND I can manipulate memories, AND, I can put people into comas and erase their existence and hack into the Foundation's database AND I can manipulate the narrative! Watch THIS!" "
Nothing happens, but on the other side of the world, the Scarlet King's lesser known brother, The Devil from The Bible, appears, immediately killing one man living in San Diego. Said man was clutching a gun in his sleep.
Rsr. Thorely: Had enough yet?

O5-1: No.

O5-11: See 'ere pard'ner, the pr'blem, 's I sees 't, 's that you really can't do a darn thing!

Rsr. Thorely: Oh yeah well did you know I'm non-binary?

O5-11: W'll I ne'er…

O5-11 dies of dysentery. Game Over, Pard'ner!"

Now my petition should be that some of this falls under naming fallacy and some of the files just are kinda cope lel.
A journey through the Afterlife is just nameing fallacy its really nothing special xD it doesn't even say if its real or not thought if we going by intent sure you could argue infinite 1-A recursions for it.

the "Case Five: Chaoskampf and Creation" "The Creator had countless aspects, avatars, incarnations, and manifestations across all of the infinite layers of existence, innumerable layers of nonexistence, and the numberless layers of transcendent reality beyond the conceptual duality and distinction between existence and nonexistence." The issue with this is again we don't know if these exist across all of scp or just this file, for 2 "layers" are really defined well in the first paragraph. Its like its So infinite "layers" of this "existence" and "innumerable layers" of "nonexistence aka 1 and 0 kinda like Nep? and "numberless" "layers" of transcendent reality beyond the conceptual "duality" and "distinction" between 1 and 0.
Thats a pretty crazy start to a file which would be type 2 on here? so 1-A?
"
For each level of spacetime, there would be a number of planes: physical, mental, spiritual, and conceptual. These planes would intersect, interpenetrate, and interact with each other, allowing profundity and meaning to take root in the network of worlds that make up the cosmos.

There would also be an endless strata of cosmic laws, natural, spiritual, and otherwise, from the (relatively) local and environmental, to the fundamental and all-encompassing, all unified under a single superforce, a single source, a single law, a single mathematical equation, the Theory of Everything if you will. These would bring order and form to the macrocosm.

The possibilities would be as endless as time itself, and as both unfolded, the dance of celestial bodies and fundamental particles, the harmonious music of the spheres, would reveal a beauty that would bring one to ecstasy, were one to see the full extent of it."
This file kinda cooks when anyone can be a scp author.

SCP-CN-2510 Um hes yea hes weird.

Thats crazy though but i think i get the rule.

Back