• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Commoner's Thread: The Death of SCP

Yes it is unbelievably stupid and blatant copyright theft, but from what i read it's ANY piece of fiction i.e just adpating to whatever piece of work in the Universe of SCP and that's just to feats in its Article. It doesn't literally mean the thing is Low 1-C because it killed Gandalf, that's not how things work for a majority of verses on this site with Crossovers, only some exceptions exist and this is not one of them.
I know.

And for that reason, at the very least our vsbw profile of the SCP should not redirect to the original character.

I think some other scps do the same with Monika from DDLC

I offered it to Ovens in private but I suppose I'll post it here.

I made this wiki in 2016 when I was banned from VSBW for calling Hop an asshat. I haven't maintained it since being asked to return to VSBW as a Calc Group Member in 2018, although it has still plodded its way along in the meantime.

Failing all other options, I have no qualms with SCP profiles being copy-pasted over there to archive them. I think archival is important and was sincerely hoping FC/OC would lend a hand, although acknowledging their more stringent rules on Tier 1 I didn't have tons of hope.

I will reiterate, just for posterity, that JBW will not accept SCP profiles (with the possible exception of -J articles), as we only accept parody/comedic profiles.

Actually, I've noticed that SCP has 448 stuff in total, between pages and blogs. Is it that much of a workload to simply CTRL C+V all of them?
It is indeed way too much of a workload for our small wiki staff to maintain. We are not equipped to handle such a massive verse there. It would be tedious.

It would also have to go through our revised Tier 1 verse standards and I don't even think it would qualify based on what I've seen.

But, more importantly, SCP is neither original or fan fiction content, so it doesn't exactly fit the bill for what we want on the site. And I'd hate to have that drown out the other content there which does actually fit the bill for what we WANT there. Since 1/10th of all profiles would be SCP at that point.

It might as well be the FC/OC/SCP wiki if it was added. None of our staff or members seem to want it there either. And we aren't obligated to, so I'm good on that.

The vote is currently 4-5. I don't see the odds of this deletion passing as that good, and if it fails, I honestly believe we need a discussion rule against removing SCP.

I have literally nothing useful to say here. I'm just genuinely surprised the wiki is getting rid of SCP after letting it do whatever the fudge it's been doing for so long. I mean, it's a brand; the wiki just has yet to think of it as one.

SCP has always been iffy in my eyes considering basically anyone can contribute to its overall narrative. But tbh I'm not sure if deleting it entirely of the wiki is a good idea.

Though it definitely has its issues, like the copyright issue someone else mentioned earlier.

The vote is currently 4-5. I don't see the odds of this deletion passing as that good, and if it fails, I honestly believe we need a discussion rule against removing SCP.
Nah, Bambu will win, as throughout the VS Wiki and Joke Battles wiki he alone is the revising one.

Also, I hate SCP and do not like its place on this wiki given his points, I don't expect this thread to last longer than a month, but I am of the belief that it's got to go. If people wanna powerscale SCP make your own wiki lol

Nah, Bambu will win, as throughout the VS Wiki and Joke Battles wiki he alone is the revising one.

Also, I hate SCP and do not like its place on this wiki given his points, I don't expect this thread to last longer than a month, but I am of the belief that it's got to go. If people wanna powerscale SCP make your own wiki lol
???

Weekly already did that, I believe when the SCPBros outvoted him on certain scaling things for high tiers.

If it fails with a close vote, no need for a discussion rule against it I think. That's usually for blowouts where it's obvious to staff.

Honestly I feel bad for the supporters here if shit hits the fan and SCP gets thanos snapped. You're going to lose hours, even days of work making the profiles and figuring out the very convoluted scaling.
The fact I thought of a profile and this thread (Dos) comes in just males me kinda sad tbh

1. GET OUT THE CHAMPAGNE, BOYS!

2. I like SCP as a horror fanfic series, but it has no place on this wiki, especially for Bambu's reasoning.

3. Despite my agreeing with the OP, I don't like him and Ant trying to add DT as a vote without some scan or pic of DT agreeing. DT might be against SCP but he should have some sort of direct response to the thread either in the thread itself or through a shown discord comment.

What will happen to the matches with SCP characters that have been added to profiles? Will they be removed manually?

Nah its going to be a day 😈
Gotta be at least 48 hours after the thread was posted. It seems unlikely it will be finished within that period anyhow. The SCP bros in the staff ranks have mostly spoken (although they're waiting on Saikou to pull up the rear to give a defense as the oldest of the SCP bros) but there's still a great deal of staff around who will likely fall one way or the other in a less impassioned way.

1. GET OUT THE CHAMPAGNE, BOYS!

2. I like SCP as a horror fanfic series, but it has no place on this wiki, especially for Bambu's reasoning.

3. Despite my agreeing with the OP, I don't like him and Ant trying to add DT as a vote without some scan or pic of DT agreeing. DT might be against SCP but he should have some sort of direct response to the thread either in the thread itself or through a shown discord comment.
To be clear, DT was asked about this beforehand and he affirmed a belief he's stated in the past. I'd rather wait for DT himself to say it on the thread but I will confirm that the conversation occurred. Also Ant doesn't do Discord, really

I also love SCP, at least in concept. I haven't really enjoyed any of them for a long time, and now it's so far ahead that slogging through the muck to find one diamond doesn't seem worth it. The last one I remember loving was SCP-3000 (I even wrote a page draft for it, just not on this wiki), and everything immediately after that just didn't really do anything for me. I look forward to making my next Rimworld run SCP-inspired, even. Just... shouldn't be here.

Hopefully I can set up my Scp profile at that wiki if it does go to the shredder here, also I suggest doing canine's idea, also will it be a sister site like fcoc?

Back