• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The commoners thread: Discussing Ultima's "On the Many, Many Incoherences of the Tiering System"

If he/she is equivalent in the form of Para Brahman then yes. The profile and show as I remember seem to suggest 0 or at the very least High 1-A+.
  • Everything belongs to one and is one in essence.
  • Mahadeva, Narayana and Brahma, despite being 3 different aspects are one in essence & cannot be differentiated is pretty much stated multiple times.
  • Infinite, formless, shapeless.
  • Beyond definition & cannot be defined by and under worldly things.
  • Cannot be created or destroyed.
  • Unaffected by changes in the Universe.
  • Everything is illusion with him being the ultimate truth.
probably he gonna have two keys, with a True Form key being that high
Yeah.

• Everything belongs to one and is one in essence.
Needs more but close enough to 0.
  • Mahadeva, Narayana, and Brahma, despite being 3 different aspects are one in essence & cannot be differentiated is pretty much stated multiple times.
That's hard to say because of the view but if that shows specifically abide by that then seems 0.
  • Infinite, formless, shapeless.
Needs more context though within this context, seems 0.
  • Beyond definition & cannot be defined by and under worldly things.
Not really needed but helps with the other points.
  • Cannot be created or destroyed.
If similar in nature to the true Platonic Forms and Ideas then, yes.
  • Unaffected by changes in the Universe.
If he/she is the reality beyond that which it is all and only conforms to its notion of pure existence then it seems like 0.
  • Everything is illusion with him being the ultimate truth..
Ultima uses that allegory for 0.

Alright, so, to make it absolutely crystal clear: By "quality" or "property," here, I don't mean "An adjective."

Generally speaking, I'd say tier 0 is really just "Undifferentiated super-substance that exceeds qualitative distinction."

So what does quality and property actually mean here, and what do those words mean in actuality?

Generally asking.

i feel like a better way to boil it down would be the way Ultima described 1-A and High 1-A

Low 2-C to Low 1-A: Quantitative superiority

1-A: Qualitative superiority

High 1-A: Meta-qualitative superiority

0: Absolute superiority (since there can be only one Tier 0 per verse, and Tier 0 is supposed to be a being with divine simplicity, one essence, transcending quality (aka ANY distinctive identifiers) itself)

Last edited:
Wait, so other than the characters mentioned in the thread who else qualifies, I'm assuming Aslan and most "god" inspired characters fit the bill

also dc getting boundless lmfao, didn't think that would happen

would crisis cosmology be upgraded here?
There’s no absolute in the Cosmology because despite the fact I told them to separate the Light and the Presence. They didn’t and I guess the Darkness and Light are coequal.

As for the Tier 1 excluding the 0 for the reason above. Then maybe the Great Darkness could be maybe High 1-A which goes with the Light as well. However, the Crisis Cosmology does not seem to elude R>F given the mods are disagreeing it with where it jumps to. Better ask Ultima for his thoughts since the the revisions are still being worked on.

Last edited:
There’s no absolute in the Cosmology because desire the fact I told them to separate the Light and the Presence. They didn’t and I guess the Darkness and Light are coequal.

As for the Tier 1 excluding the 0 for the reason above. Then maybe the Great Darkness could be maybe High 1-A which goes with the Light as well. However, the Crisis Cosmology does not seem to elude R>F given the mods are disagreeing it with where it jumps to. Better ask Ultima for his thoughts since the the revisions are still being worked on.
fair enough, tho i do recall ultima saying platonism would be considered outer, which the blog does say this. But this should wait till he finished the boundless stuff and actually talk about upgrading verses

The "Spiritual" cosmology and Seekers into the Mystery will be Tier 0 due to DeMatteis incorporating these exact ideas of a super-essence into them. I'm unsure about where the Crisis cosmology and Vertigo scale but do believe them to be at least 1-A under the new system.

So what happened? I've been following the CRT on and off. So was the decision made? The impression I'm getting from certain things I've seen is that Ultima won and it ended up being passed. What has been happening?

So you’re still not sure it’s 0 or did you understand it now? It’s pretty obvious if you only read certain text and issues and not trying to connect the whole thing.
When did I ever say what he supposedly "quoted"? The post that "quote" leads to says something completely different.

Back