• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The characters scaled from Spider-Man need to have their statistics revised

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will probably have to start a new thread that asks for help from experienced members of the community to help out with the revision project.

Yes. Can you write a draft for the first post in the new thread and post it here, so I can check it over?

Well, we need to define how we are going to revise the profile statistics, and why, but if you are uncertain, perhaps I can handle it later, when I am less tired and more focused.

I would like to get some help regarding what feats and characters that we should rescale from during the revisions from 9-A to 9-B, as well as suggestions regarding other important points that I should bring up to explain the background reasons for all of the revisions, such as why the 8-A feats are considered to be unreliable.

We also need to mention that characters comparable to Luke Cage need to be rescaled from his calculated feat of withstanding a nuclear explosion.

SuperAPM said:
According to Hue pretty much every feat listed on the majority of the 9-Aer's pages are all only 9-B level. I'll check with some of the calc group members tomorrow for verification, but if nothing substantial pops up then we'll probably have to move along with the revisions
Are you sure? I made a quick look to those profiles and a few others, and there are several feats which are definitively 9-A or potentially on that level.

- Moon Knight surviving a massive explosion of a grenade.

- Bullseye destroying a taxi car by throwing a hubcap.

Destroying a car its a 9-A feat, as its show in References for Common Feats.

- Sam Wilson crashing through a building while fighting.

Considering the size of the hole in the building, i'm certain that it is 9-A.

- Sam Wilson shattering stone statues when fighting Crossbones.

Destroy stone statues is usually a feat between 9-B to 9-A.

- Human Torch surviving a building collapsing on him.

- Kingpin surviving a building collapsing on him.

@Stefano4444

I would appreciate if you could ask some calculation group members to calculate those feats, with the exception of the Human Torch, who is not the same type of character (he transforms into living plasma).

You can tell them that I would appreciate the help.

I'm uncertain on a lot of those, but it would definately be preferable to have them stay at 9-A.

We'd probably need some verification from calc members to see if that explosion was actually 9-A, and even then he looked to be a couple meters away from the epicenter. Looks promising but it needs verification

I can't seem to open the common feats page you linked, so I can't verify if you're correct or not, and the scan seems to suggest that he had to hit a specific part of the car to cause it to explode with that much force. Still a promising one

The Falcon feats look the most promising, but of course we need more input for verification. A lot of these feats look 9-A until they're properly calced.

The last two would depend on the amount as well as speed of the debree falling on top of them, and we don't know how shielded they were during the event. For instance Torch could've easily used Thing as a rock shield for protection. It'd also be difficult to scale Torch to regular humans given the nature of his physiology.

Overall conclusion, as Ant suggested, calc members input would be needed for verification

Again, we won't know what tier these feats are actually in without further verification from calc members. I'm unfortunately busy at the moment, so if you would be willing to ask as many calcer's for help that would swell

@Stefano

Thank you for helping out.

Has anybody asked the calc group members yet?

Spino lives in Hong Kong. He has very serious real world problems to deal with.

Please ask the others instead.

In that case I think those feats can be used as a good jumping off point. Its a shame the ones involved were above peak human characters like Rogers and T'challa, but at least they and others comparable can be bumped up to 9-A if the normies have nothing better to scale off of.

@Stefano

No problem.

@All

Is somebody willing to ask some calc group members for help, so we can do this properly?

SuperAPM said:
Its a shame the ones involved were above peak human characters like Rogers and T'challa
Wait aren't Captain America and Black Panther peak humans for Marvel's standards?

Isn't the Super-Soldier Serum supposed to allow any normal human to reach peak human conditions, at least this is how the original serum had be described.

GojiBoyForever said:
Are there more calc members? Also Damage had this to say.
Damage3245 said:
But regarding the feats that involve punching through a tree, I think it is fair to say they're all at least 9-A based on this.
This energy yield comes from totally pulverising the whole tree. Which makes sense for some characters like those from S.H.I.E.L.D. (there is a GIF about that I slipped it off my brain).

(Smashing a person through one tree the upper trunk falls off is more akin to this feat yield.)

Stefano4444

Well, I have been saying this for awhile now, at the very least the difference should be no larger than 2x, but most agreed that Cap and the like are supposed to be "way above the norm." At least that's the general consensus I've found. I have no problem with changing this and stating that they should be comparable to characters like Daredevil and Punisher, but we'd need more input for this.

Unfortunately Jasonsith does bring up a good point, and the results may not be as high as one would initially think

@Stefano4444

- Moon Knight surviving a massive explosion of a grenade.

The guy doesn't seem that he is in the epicenter of the explosion, so depending of that his dura can be only 9-B.

- Bullseye destroying a taxi car by throwing a hubcap.

>Destroying a car its a 9-A feat, as its show in References for Common Feats.

This destruction isn't the same as the one calculated in that page, this feat will be below 9-A.

- Sam Wilson crashing through a building while fighting.

>Considering the size of the hole in the building, i'm certain that it is 9-A.

Maybe, but it is too vague in my eyes, a safe calc without many assumption can end up at 9-B.

- Sam Wilson shattering stone statues when fighting Crossbones.

>Destroy stone statues is usually a feat between 9-B to 9-A.

I don't really know which one was destroyed to get the volume of that one and not of another.

- Human Torch surviving a building collapsing on him.

Did the buldig grew in size between panels?

- Kingpin surviving a building collapsing on him.

Eh, too vague how much it was destroyed to calc said feat.

- Captain America shattering a tree during a fight.

This feat will probably be 9-B only, if it is similar as this tree.

- Captain America surviving a building collapsing on him along with Red Skulls, while wounded.

Huuuuuuuuuuh, dunno what to say about this one.

- Black Panther trading blows with Killmonger, who is capable to shatter trees.

Same asnwer of captain's tree.

- Black Panther surviving a blow from Malice, who can shatter a marble column with a thrown spear.

Eh, I will probably say the same here dpending of the column's size .

>Respect Threads

I will see what I can find.

Do you have the height's of all these people and the chapters of the feats though?

@Alex

Thank you very much for helping out.

@Everyone

Also, another question, is all the speed of these character a-ok? It is to know if I don't need to search something in the speed section of the Respect Threads linked by Stefano4444.

@Antv

Npsu~ I guess, it's nothing special.

Their speeds are probably fine. It is the AP we need help with.

Huesito88 said:
Punisher has a few high 8-C feats and few 8-B feats, Black Widow has killed people that no sold High 8-C+ explosions.
Speaking about that, by exaclty we have suddenly stop talking about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back