• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The characters scaled from Spider-Man need to have their statistics revised

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 3 city block radius, yes, but it does not scale to anything else.

We've already reached the point of where tier 7 spiderman and other characters attained a nice amount of said feats.

The webbing feat? During the end of Dan Slott's Spider-Man run.

Maybe anyone who has broken Spideys webs should be town level also need to add town level to GG as he made the bomb

There was an awful lot of webbing, and the strength of it has been very inconsistent over the years. Just breaking a small piece of it once should not be enough to scale.

So what are the reliable feats that we can currently use to scale from?

If no one brings anything more substantial then perhaps we should move on and apply any changes that are needed

We can't move on or apply anything as the low tier scaling is nonexistent and so is the high tier stuff currently. I did however find another feat of a gigantic fireball (Y (in megatons)^0.4 = R (in km)) for the high tiers.

Perhaps somebody should create a new thread in which we ask our entire community for help with finding good feats for low tier Marvel characters?

Well, the above peak human characters (Rogers, T'challa, etc) all have the 9-A's to scale off of and Spiderman has his own High 8-C feat for him and those comparable to scale off of. Surely that'd be enough to go off of in lieu of anything more substantial

I don't mind using the High 8-C feat, but I am not sure what calculations that the 9-A characters are actually scaled from.

Huesito88 said:
Again no he doesn't the High 8-C calc is wrong and it's lifting strength feat.
And why exactly Spider-Man's holding the Daily Bugle should only scale his lifting strength and not his striking strength?

That feat only truly involves lifting strength later on when he's holding the building up to stop it from falling on everyone. The feat involves him catching the building whilst it was falling down at great speed, and was therefore producing significant amounts of KE that Spiderman had to counter by catching it. Its fully applicable for AP

But if there is something wrong with the calc then let me know. At the very least we could get a recalc done here

https://web.archive.org/web/2016050...-man-catches-and-lifts-the-daily-bugle.22392/

Stefano4444 said:
Huesito88 said:
Again no he doesn't the High 8-C calc is wrong and it's lifting strength feat.
And why exactly Spider-Man's holding the Daily Bugle should only scale his lifting strength and not his striking strength?
If the calc was first correct it would, but it shouldn't take precedence over other feats from other characters if they have better feats of ap.

Antvasima

Most of Marvel's Peak level humans 9-A tiering from Daredevil and Punisher, all of which is durability feats that to my knowledge possess no calc's at the moment. We should probably get all of those checked out to see if any of those feats are legitimately 9-A

Ok 1 of them is 9-A and can't be calculated because there's nothing scale from so unquantifiable 9-A from Daredevil being a Napalm into his face. I guess I won't fault Matt, but the rest are all wall level.

@SuperAPM

Would you be willing to help me out with organising this revision? It doesn't seem like I will receive proper help from anybody else.

You can ask the active calc group members for help with the Punisher and Daredevil feats if you wish, and tell them that I would appreciate the help. I firmly believe that they should at most be placed around 9-A, whereas Spider-Man should scale from catching the falling skyscraper, i.e. High 8-C.

The stalling of the progression of this necessary revision permanently has to stop. I think that I have been trying to get it done for over 8 months now.

Punisher land mine feat we don't know what type of landmine he was using. Punisher tanking a rpg, normal rpg are wall level. Punisher tanking some random explosion definitely doesn't surpass wall level from its size. Tanking grenades twice wall level also. Daredevil tanking a nitroglycerin explosion from what I see of the explosion it's wall level. The Napalm explosion can't be calculated nothing to scale from.

I'll be more than willing to help of course. Although I will only be able to give this my full attention over the weekend, at that point I will contact as many members that I can, both for calc's and general input on this revision.

Fun fact a non nuclear fireball only needs to be 85 meters in radius to be baseline low 7-C. (Yes this is relevant to the discussion)

Since I have waited for Huesito for several months now, and nothing has happened, I think that we should begin by downgrading the 9-A characters to 9-B, the Low 7-C characters to High 8-C, and the 8-A characters to "At least 9-B, likely higher", if we have nothing better to go by. It would at least be considerably more reliable than the statistics that we currently use.

I guess I'll get going then bit by bit. Pre Vibranium Black Panther aka BOC (Beginning of Career) has tanked energy capable of destroying Multiple City Blocks and has hugged a shock wave that caused a Earthquake.

That seems really difficult to quantify. The Earth Tremors were caused by the entire mound of Vibranium as opposed to just originating from Jakarra, seems more like a case of cause and effect. It doesn't seem T'challa withstood the full power of the vibrations. The text also makes it clear he was wounded quite significantly by this, and so appears to be quite a bit above his usual durability levels.

I know where it originated, but its specified that he was affecting a Vibranium mound rather than a regular one, it would obviously shake and cause earthquakes if even a minimal amount of vibration hit it. There's no indication that even a majority of the vibrational activity originated from Jakarra, as opposed to it simply being due to him hitting vibranium with his vibrations. Like if you clap your hands on a snowy mountain and cause an avalanche, this appears to be a case of Cause and Effect rather than raw power

I think that SuperAPM makes sense.

Your point is cause and effect my point is it amplified him directly. His first and only/final shock wave came from him and was stated before hand that a giant shock wave would come next. It was stated that he blended with the forces of the mountain. Also there's nothing to support that the Vibranium mound would shake just from normal vibrations, if the mountain was Reverbium you'd have a point.

What indicates that Jakarra was amplified directly? Your scan only indicates that once he's entered the mound his specifc (and evidently far less potent) vibrations would be absorbed into the vibranium held within the mound itself and trigger a massive shockwave as a result. Cause and Effect. The Earthquake was cased by the Vibranium mound, which had absorbed and amplified the vibrations resenating from Jakarra. I don't see anything that suggests Jakarra himself produced the most significant amount of seismic energy

So should we start with the revisions? I would prefer to get some of the 9-B/9-A feats calculated first though.

According to Hue pretty much every feat listed on the majority of the 9-Aer's pages are all only 9-B level. I'll check with some of the calc group members tomorrow for verification, but if nothing substantial pops up then we'll probably have to move along with the revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back