• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The characters scaled from Spider-Man need to have their statistics revised

Status
Not open for further replies.
ShakeResounding said:
Doc Ock has a 498 Ton Durability Feat for his arms, and Spider-Man broke through an upgraded version that was reinforced with Carbonadium. He'd probably still be 8-A via that and a few other 8-A feats if they're valid.
Given how inconsistent Marvel is from writer to writer, scaling between very different instances in that manner is just as unreliable as Calc Stacking.

Wolverine is also somehow able to tank 4-B level blunt impacts due to his Adamantium skeleton, without his flesh being vaporised. It doesn't scale to any other characters of comparable physical power.

My apologies. I have a lot of things to keep track of, so I misremembered. I have corrected my posts.

Yes. He is only 4-B against blunt impacts.

Vibranium might not follow actual physics in terms of absorbing or blocking stuff, but the explosion was literally around Cap. So he's at least tanking half the explosion from behind him.

In real life, sure, but with Marvel "logic" the shield always extremely significantly reduces harm to Cap as long as he blocks an attack with it, and even if it didn't, this would still be an outlier.

I would appreciate if we can permanently drop this subject and move on, as we have previously argued about this to exhaustion, with the result that nothing ever gets done.

Basically, can we please finally focus on getting these revisions done, instead of constantly interrupt them? I have been trying to get a revision going for at least several months in various threads.

Anyway, we can scale Spider-Man level characters to High 8-C+, those who are slightly stronger, such as Sandman, Rhino, and Carnage to 8-B, and Luke Cage level characters to 7-C, but we need to find non-outlier-ish reliable feats to scale Captain America and Daredevil level characters from. 8-C or 9-A seems reasonable.

Mysterio is physically weaker than Daredevil.

Ok I'm back. Ok Ant, I really don't see it as outlier-ish. Two of Black Panthers best feat without Vibranium are are massively higher than High 8-C+ and by that I mean a different tier. Cable has weapons that are higher than that and has 3 feats under his belt to suggest his tier is fine. Punisher literally blows stuff up every two dozen or so comics and with equipment that fits in his literal pockets (and quite a few of those explosions range from High 8-C to 8-B+). Even Moon Knight has a feat that can be anywhere from mid end High 8-C to low end 8-B. Recently a villain named Jack O Lantern the weak one can create a giant explosion with just one of his Pumpkin bombs encompassing a airplane and was visible from the top of towers.

They have thousands of appearances in sum total and you have selected the few most abnormal and unusual instances to scale from. They definitely seem like outliers. Can we move on please, or should we waste time on this argument for another year instead, while the profiles continue to be completely unreliable? I would really appreciate some collaboration rather than unreasonable favouritism here, because I am getting very tired of this.

Ant I didn't really even select the feats in comics and in quite a few of these thousands of said comic book appearances they involve them fighting hand to hand or using guns or fighting other superhumans which they survive only through pis. In other words not any really good tier feats happen, when there's a good feat it'll come from explosions, craters from equipment, or durability. These are the feats that happened otherwise they might as just well be wall level. Like you say 8-C a tier that should be fine for them and yet I don't think there's any 8-C feat you can think of and 9-A comes from 1 Daredevil feat and 5 Punisher feats. Honestly if I attempted to calculate those 5 "9-A feats" from Punisher I actually think I'd get a wall level result looking at them.

Characters tend to get scaled by what seemingly like "outliers" all through out the wiki. Marvel in general nowadays have a fair amount of stuff past tier 9 and early tier 8 feats where even "street tier" characters already seem weak on the surface already got a nice amount of higher end feats over the years.

The point is that if Daredevil or Punisher would be hit by a train at full speed as they are generally portrayed, they would be dead. 8-B is far too high for them. And Spider-Man's most iconic high-level feat only yielded a High 8-C+ level result.

That said, I agree that we likely scale plenty of other Marvel characters from outliers as well, but several wrongs do not make a right.

I would greatly appreciate help with finding more reliable feats to scale from. Thank you.

It doesn't matter if it's iconic even in the very first solo comic series of Black Panther, Black Panther already got his best feat. Our scaling has 1 Daredevil feat that's 9-A and that's it since I'm postive Punisher feats listed are 9-B. Spiderman still has better feats than even High 8-C+. Also pole level Spiderman as again we talked about that last thread, everyone would just be fighting hand to hand and bullets would hurt them and destroying some random robots would be wall level. (Since that's generally what everyone does)

Well, then start to get more Marvel Comics characters feats calculated, preferably highly reliable/non-ambiguous ones, so we can finally start this revision. I am extremely tired of that it has been dragged out for ages. You will either have to do your best to collaborate and either provide more calculations or ask the calc group members to help you, or we will have to scale the Spider-Man level characters to High 8-C+, and the Captain America and Daredevil level ones will have to be approximated at around 9-A, in lack of better options.

Spiderman feat doesn't take into account 80 percent standard structure hollowness and also I'm pretty sure the person got 3000 kg per cubic meters as just a guess. Also everyone via being 9-A via 1 feat is a big no from everyone here I'm sure.

Edit One more thing the calc should take a additional 5-10 precent deduction off the weight as the build was damaged and Spiderman didn't grab all the broken piece that were fragmented and only the large parts.

Well, we still need to finally get this revision going. The current state of the Marvel Comics profiles is completely unacceptable in terms of reliability, and I think that you have promised to find and get feats calculated for around 8 months now. I am extremely tired of all of the stalling that results in our wiki turning unreliable.

My apologies if I was being rude. I am just very tired of this revision never ever being properly done.

Well, Low 7-C was agreed to be scrapped, as the Hulk-moving feat isn't allowed anymore, and the 8-A feats that we currently use are very unreliable for reasons that I have stated several times previously.

Well, the problem is that I have only seen very few calculated feats on that level for them, but suppose that the Daredevil and Punisher feats would be better than nothing.

You are talking no low 7-C for base Daredevil or base Punisher right? Does Spider-Man back scale from Luke Cage now? Does Shadowland DD scale from Spidey?

Jasonsith said:
You are talking no low 7-C for base Daredevil or base Punisher right? Does Spider-Man back scale from Luke Cage now? Does Shadowland DD scale from Spidey?
No Jason it's something else.

I referred to the calculations that Huesito linked to above. I suppose that we might have to use them in lack of better options.

Well, Electr only scales to himself, as lightning does not scale linearly to durability: Lightning Feats

Well, his equipment should get resistance to lightning manipulation then, but that is extremely off-topic. Let's focus on finally getting this done please.

Alright Lighting Manipulation resistance for Spiderman standard equipment since in the same story 1 7-C destruction feat took place, a small storm feat, and a gigantic lightning bolt that was somewhat inferior, but still comparable to a prison was created. Yeah sure alright then let's move on and get something done.

Thank you. Let's preferably focus on finding reliable feats for Spider-Man, Captain America, and the rest, and to get them calculated if they are not already.

Bump.

I would appreciate if we do not stall or forget about this important revision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back