• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Boss and a simple girl with a murder impulse fight (Shiki Ryougi vs Diavolo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait.

Wait hold on.

Under verse equalization, could Shiki cut the time erase power? Like how she cut Asagami's powers when they were being used?

So this comes down to whoever can land a hit first.

I'm gonna have to give my vote for the Boss due to KC setting him up for the advantage.

I'm not entirely sure. GER was able to negate the Time Erasure because of its Causality Manipulation. I'm not certain time being erased is something Shiki can actually interact with, if you get my meaning?

With the Asagami fight, she was cutting the Bends as they were forming, while KC's time erasure is moreso "Keep doing what you're doing while Diavolo just nopes out of reality and does whatever he wants for a bit."

Yeah actually, I'm gonna say that this is a stomp, and should probably be closed. That's my bad. Totally forgot about Shiki cutting other mystic powers.

Shiki knows about the bosses powers, and she's perfectly fine with playing outside of his range, i.e the range he can travel in 10 seconds. She will ineveitably try to close, or try to hit him, but given her A. Superior range with KK, and B. Her calm and collected nature, she can likely dodge KC at least once. Especially given he will be panicked to hell and back because his precog got cut and he was half blinded. And if he abuses the Time Erase while she plays from range, she'll easily get used to it, and then realize how to cut it a la Asagami. Or, since she has prior knowledge, she'll know and try to cut anyform of mystic powers being used from the start.

She can kill concepts, it is very, very possible that she can negate the bosses powers. Especially since she can cut very abstract abilities, like Asagami's powers or a predicted future. If this is all true, the Boss gets stomped. He loses any form of wincon.

So I'm leaning that this is a stomp.

Even if Shiki can't cut the time erase, once the boss loses his precog unless he never stops using time skip she can grab his stand from a range or throw a knife

Goddamn fandom is eating my comments and I am getting very pissed about it.

Anyway to resume what I said before, the precog that Shiki fought couldn't see the most likely possibility, he saw a possibility and had all the knowledge needed to make that possibility happen. Meaning, she cut the future not because he could see it, but because he made preparations so that all probability was heavily skewed towards ONE future instead to all other possibilities. This made the future very fixed, and so it Shiki could both SEE and kill it. This even made perfectly normal and functional explosives become duds plus ******* with the sight of said Precog.

If Jojo is really so deterministic in it's cosmology... Diavolo is kinda ******.

As for cutting time erasure, not happening unless the power manifests in some way before it activates, like Shiki seeing the very defined future by the actions of the precog or the spirals Asagami was making. If it's something that starts working the moment it's used with no emanations though, that shouldn't work.

I mean if you think you need to. I personally really don't think Shiki would cut his power to do that. There's nothing that would indicate that something would emanate that Shiki can cut before Time Erasure happens, and getting her twisting space cut didn't **** up Fujino's ability to twist more stuff.

Yeah, but she can just cut at the power over and over. There's a wave of distortion and power as time begins to be erased and fall away.

He wouldn't lose it, but well, he can't exactly use it either.

@Schnee yeah probably, though wait until I post the finishing.

And considering she can cut instantaneous, abstract abilities like precog, she can probably cut the instataneous, abstract ability of time erasure. There's also the fact that, because there's only one future in JoJo's, she could be argued to just keep cutting the future until it's one she likes. Though that's a bit ehh.

But there really isn't a wave of distortion as far as I remember, not even The World has one. If we decided to assume they did, there would be a time differencial across the entire universe that would be obviously noticeable, plus causing OTHER bigger problems. Some things are just artistic liberty.

It's also worth mentioning that Asagami's abilities don't have a travel time in the written works iirc. Which would make sense since she describes that she "sees the world like paper" and that it's like she "bends" that paper.

Anyways, I'll probably finish the ending in an hour or so.

Also another thing, Shiki only cut one eye from Mitsuru because he only used one eye to precog things. If she cut the bosses precog and predicted future, he would be totally blind since he views the future with both of his eyes.

The two killers stared at each other. A handful of seconds felt like hours, time stretching as they analyzed the other person. Whoever made the first move, whoever revealed their hand, would lose their advantage. Her knowledge kept The Boss still, wondering. How much did she know? What could she do? Did she have an ability that could counter him?

Impossible. Fate was his. It would all be revealed to him. Nothing could hide from his sight.

"Epitaph!" his hair flushed forward in a wave of crimson. "Reveal the hand of fate!"

The girl's eyes widened slightly, and she acted in an instant. A single swipe. A flash of steel through the air. Her blade warped space, and cut forward in time to the future. A single defined point, her eyes briefly beheld her own punctured form, and then it faded from all existence. The defined truth of the next ten seconds vanished, cut like any other object. And from the cut, a fountain of red spewed forth from face of the red haired man in front of her.

Briefly, he saw it. The girl dead on King Crimson's fist. His victory declared by time and space, fate granting him access to the path ahead. Then a line cut through the vision. And his revelry was replaced by pain. Searing pain, across his eyes. Before he could even react, his vision was gone. He felt, but could not see, his hair fly from his head. Everything he had used to view the future had been severed.

"My sight! What have you done!? My eyes!? What happened to my eyes!?" His hands flew to his face, clutching the searing red wound. He could only see darkness. He heard the sound of air being cut. He felt air on his skin. He smelled the warm night air. But he could not see the stone, view the sky, percieve his enemy. His future was no longer ensured. Fate was no longer by his side.

"I cut your future." A simple answer to a sinple question. "You made the mistake of trying to view and ensure the next steps of time. I can't blame you. Against anyone else, your abilities would be unbeatable." She pulled her sword upwards, entering readied stance. "But against me, it becomes the ultimate weakness."

A single charge would end this. A single slash. She could see the line where all lines met. The end of a dream.

"King Crimson! Become my new eyes!" A body of red and silver flashed by him. And new eyes, opened permanently. Vision returned to his mind. The stone, the sky, and the girl in front of him. She had said she knew of his abilities, correct? Now he knew of hers. To cut anything. Undefined, relentless destruction. Dangerous.

If her ability was truly as unlimited as his paranoia made him believe, his past could be cut. But the efforts he had taken to hide his past could also be cut. Complete danger. The ultimate threat to everything he had done. He needed to end this now.

His stand's leg flashed forward, shattering the stone below him and sending it flying forward. The girl's blade flashed in tandem, ready to cut each of the flying stones.

"King Crimson! Erase time!"

The world distorted and fell away like sand. Everything crumbled into dust as Diavolo walked across the void. She would have to defend herself against the stones, and with that, her stand would be revealed. In addition, she would not be able to attack him in the erased time. As invincible as his King Crimson made him, it paid to be cautious, especially against one who risked being so dangerous.

Except, she didn't defend herself. She fled. Each step that Diavolo moved towards her, she fled another two. It was as if she had predicted his actions and intended to stay out of his range of movement. Not only was this girl dangerous, she was intelligent. She knew not to enter his range. She did not attack blindly. She merely moved as safely as possible. When she heard his stand's name, her plan changed to flight. And without Epitaph, he could not predict this flight.

"You truly are an annoyance." He spoke into the void. None would hear him, but it helped him to think. "Now that you flee, tell me, how do you intend to defeat me? With that sword? Does it cut fate?" His face contorted in anger, and his stand's contorted in sync. "You may have severed me from fate, but time will not abandon me! I am still the victor!"

The ten seconds ended. Shiki's face briefly expressed shock, then a small amount of smug confidence at the man still in front of her. She brought herself to a stop on the ground, gracefully slding across the ancient gray stones. She had almost seen it that time. A brief distortion of gold and red, dancing across the whole world. The preperation before time was erased. It was too brief for her to get more than a glace, but it was enough to identify the power's use.

Whenever she beheld that flash of red and gold, she would have to plan her the next ten seconds of movement for herself, and the next possible movements of Diavolo within those ten seconds. Not an impossible task, but not exactly an easy one, either. And with the future up for grabs, he couldn't ensure victory.

"You are intelligent. I can tell that much." The boss spoke, irritated tone leaking through a false veil of calmness. "Unlike others, you do not attack blindly. You flee from my range, preventing any action." He huffed out a small laugh. "Impressive. Had you joined my organization, you would have ranked highly." The distorted face of King Crimson came forward, and its hand smashed against the stone below. "But you know too much to be left alive. For the sake of my future, the past must die. It is truly what chains us to pain and suffering, and I will be free of it."

"King Crimson!" Time and space fell away once more. But unlike the last time, Shiki ran forward towards Diavolo. Chargeing recklessly into his range. Was he mistaken? Was she really a fool? No. He was not. She clearly had some form of plan. He jumped back, avoiding falling within the range of her sword. Within King Crimson's striking distance. "Time returns." The world came back into place, gray and darkened cobblestone all around. But before he could end the life of the girl in front of him, silver flashed before his eyes, and his stand's arm was severed from its body.

His face contorted in shock. "What!?" He leapt back, flying out of range with the power of his stand's legs. He was half a meter from her sword's end, how had she cut him? How had her sword cut his stand? Was that her stand, the so called 'power to cut anything'? She hand't even been shocked. Had she planned out everything?

Had she seen through his erased time?

"You underestimated my range." The deceptively masculine tone of Shiki's words brought Diavolo from his questions. She held up her sword. "Nine meters." It glinted softly, showing the reflection of her face in the moonlight. "With this, I can cut you from nine meters away." She dropped her arm and looked down at the kneeling boss, ten meters away. "You should be lucky you landed where you did. Any closer, and you would have died the instant you landed." She had gotten a better look at it this time. She had seen its lines.

"You disgusting sow! How dare you exist in my world!" He dropped all pretenses of order, all hints of organized thought. He would kill her. He would throw her corpse from the tallest building in rome. She had taken the future from him, but the future didn't matter if he could destroy time.

"KING CRIMSON!" A flashing distortion of red and gold across the world "ERASE TIME AND ENSURE MY VICTORY!" Shiki's sword answered Diavolo's voice, cutting the air.

Nothing happened. The world did not fall away. Shiki did not take the next ten seconds of action, oblivious to the world. And the boss stood still, staring at the world. Utter shock flowed through him. He had erased time, so what had happened?

"I saw your power. A terrifying distortion of red and gold. A truly terrifying scene. Everyhting enveloped in the raw power of your puppet." She mockingly cut the air. "But if I can see it, I can cut it. Anything my eyes behold can be killed, even if that thing is fate!" Her boot slammed onto the ground and she lauched off, sword ready to swing. The boss summoned King Crimson. In the next few seconds, it would all be determined

"KILL HER, KING CRIMSON!" The single remaining arm of the king flashed forward in a flurry, its amazing strength sending the wind flying. Shiki's sword flashed once. And a single cut appeared along Diavolo's neck.

In the next second, his head flew off, a stream of blood following it. Above the now dead corpse of the word's most paranoid man, a blood stained woman in a Kimono and Jacket.

"You said you wanted to erase your past." She huffed. "How foolish. We don't choose our paths based off the sins we carry. We carry our sins on the path we choose." Her sword entered the sheath she had left on the ground. "If it's any comfort, your past will never be revealed. At least, not by me"

The girl walked out the darkened coliseum right as the golden haired gangster and his friends entered from the opening below.

That took... longer than expected.

I tried to keep both in character, and have a fair bit of mind games be played. In a way, I guess I tried to combine JoJo fights, where the fight is more figuring out the other's plans and abilities and working around them, and Nasuverse fights, where it's more about overcoming a superpowerful ability through an intresting usage of powers.

I don't know if I'm skilled enough to do all that, but they are masters at this. I just write for fun.

Although, I disagree that she can cut time erasure. Time erasure is an ability that works from the past to the future. Sure, its activation is instant, but the fact that she needs to cut it after he has activated time erasure means she cannot erase it since that action did not happen, even if the cut happened some unfathomable amount of time after the activation

In addition, Shiki would need to be constantly cutting the future, because even if she can cut the 10 seconds he is currently seeing, the future following those 10 seconds are still set in stone, and if he sees himself dead after those 10 seconds then he will erase time. All this really does is force him to expend a bit more stamina.

We know that Diavolo can interact with inanimate objects in erased time from him destroying evidence at various points. He would go for her knife and destroy the blade (dull end first) assuming he couldn't just take it from her

Paul Frank said:
Yes that's why Shiki is not normally able to cut the future
In her own words the future is always changing so she can't see the lines

When the future is brought down to less possibilities it begins to gain shape and when cut down to one future it is basically a solid object and extremely easy to see the lines of

So in the Jojo world where there is only one future or if someone precogs a guaranteed future she can just cut it at will
Again tho, I really don't see the proof that this would rebound onto Epitaph and disable his precog. She is cutting the future, not Precognition. In the nasuverse where there are an almost infinite amount of outcomes, someone looking into the future guarantees a single one, or at least that is how that bomber did it. Cutting fate just means that single future is eliminated.

Considering Shiki pretty much killed a possibility from happening, I am not sure that's how it'd go. Not to mention cutting the future only needs to be done once and Epithat is as good as useless.

Not sure how that would change it honestly. She still sees the Precognition, but I'm not sure what she would do to deal with KC itself beyond just outlasting it

Epitaph gets back traced and the damage is done to Diavolo's eyes and hair, since he uses both to manifest and view it, respectively.

And the fact that Epitaph quite literally narrows it to a single future means she can cut it. It is the exact same situation as the time she did cut the future.

Monarch Laciel said:
^
Cutting the future once will render epitah useless, as it did with the bomber
His Precognition guaranteed a single observed future out of an almost infinite amount. Diavolo just views 10 seconds of a predetermined fate. She cut the future, not Precognition. There is no reason to assume it would rebound onto Epitaph, based on the difference in the cosmology

Rather, is even worse than the precog dude. He merely needed to line things up so the future he saw with his eye would come into fruitition, not literally fix fate up by making the next 10 seconds predeterminated. That's asking for Shiki to wave her knife around and get him ******.

KnightOfSunlight said:
Epitaph gets back traced and the damage is done to Diavolo's eyes and hair, since he uses both to manifest and view it, respectively.
And the fact that Epitaph quite literally narrows it to a single future means she can cut it. It is the exact same situation as the time she did cut the future.
Why would it rebound into him if he is just viewing an already predetermined future and not solidifying or deciding it?

Nope. Jojo has a predetermined future, and there is a single outcome from any given situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back