• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Blue Blur Battles A Black Brawler! (Post-Genesis Wave Archie Sonic vs Final Saga Asta) (0-7-0) [GRACE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeijiSetto

VS Battles
Calculation Group
ghltmf.png

Asta (Final Saga) vs Sonic the Hedgehog (Archie Post-Genesis Wave)

This is Partial Devil Union Asta (188.64 Petatons, 12.58 Exatons with Zetten) vs Base Sonic (16.96 Exatons).

Rules:
  • Speed equalised.
  • Starting Distance: 20 Meters
  • Battle Location: Angel Island
  • Fight to the DEATH.

Asta: 7 (@Arnoldstone18, @Fezzih_007, @SeijiSetto, @Maxeez, @LeoEpicGamer8910, @SuperStar, @Kazuma_kuwabara)
Sonic:
Incon:

Last edited:
Bump.

I know I'm the OP but I'm gonna list out some wincons/strengths I think either side has.

Asta:
  • Could be argued his Zetten could blitz Sonic due to it amping attack speed (crazy concept being faster than THE Sonic)
  • Arguably more skilled
  • Ki precog.
  • Surpass Your Limits™ (Accelerated Development)
  • Technique Mimicry.
Sonic:
  • Higher base AP, doesn't have to turn on an amp for it (though Zetten is spammable iirc so it's moot)
  • FAR higher LS.
  • Valid BFR via Chaos Emeralds.
  • Doesn't use magic so Anti-Magic is moot.

Asta doesn’t start with Zetten. He would probably just wait until it’s the right time to do so. So unlike Ichika, he probably won’t start with it. But he will use it early and often.
Ki extends to sensing power, right? Wouldn't he just see that Sonic is far stronger than him base-to-base and only ever strike using Zetten?

I acknowledge BFR as a wincon. It’s just a matter of, “will he start with it?”, type thing. Cuz Asta uses Zetten at the right moment as soon as Sonic is about to him. Also he has precog and like yknow, will see the BFR coming too

I acknowledge BFR as a wincon. It’s just a matter of, “will he start with it?”, type thing. Cuz Asta uses Zetten at the right moment as soon as Sonic is about to him. Also he has precog and like yknow, will see the BFR coming too
Do remember Asta is 20x faster but still weaker than Sonic when he uses Zetten. Given, it is slash damage, but still.

Haha of course you’d know the argument 🤣
I don't think it'd really be viable considering magic actually exists in the Archie Sonic universe. Now whether it's a separate phenomenon from chaos manipulation or just a different form of it I don't know, you'd have to ask someone more knowledgeable.

Okay so in previous matches I proved chaos energy equalizable to mana. But those previous matches were pre genesis. So is chaos energy the same kind of energy in pre genesis?

Okay so in previous matches I proved chaos energy equalizable to mana. But those previous matches were pre genesis. So is chaos energy the same kind of energy in pre genesis?
They were post genesis but I used wrongly the explanation of pre genesis

The energy system is weird, pre genesis is literally magic from BC with some exceptions, post genesis is more limited

Found this
They are magical gemstones containing great power.

I’d take your silence as you accepting the fact that Equalization is inevitable 😈
It's arguable, but sure. They're called mystical, they're used to power magic. Same issue as the Ichika-Shadow match though, but worse. Asta has the greater range of "kilometers", which means they start 2km away by default. Even with the 20x Zetten speed boost, Sonic's gonna have a hot minute to see him coming.

@ShakeResounding I believe you're knowledgeable. It's not on his profile but does Post-Gen Sonic have the spindash/boost to amp his speed like the game counterpart?

@ShakeResounding I believe you're knowledgeable. It's not on his profile but does Post-Gen Sonic have the spindash/boost to amp his speed like the game counterpart?
Yes, but just an unknown degree of amplification. The Spin Dash Amp is from Sonic Prime and is thus not usable, while the old Boost amp speed (8x) is from Unleashed itself. Which we also can't use, as Unleashed's events are vastly different.

Also, the Post-Genesis Wave Chaos Emeralds aren't outright magical anymore and follow the game continuity's vague "mystical gemstones" nature. This is something I plan to tackle regarding the Post-Genesis Wave profiles (we previously didn't allow cross-scaling to the games but a CRT down the line will change that for games that are confirmed to have taken place, so now the entire Post-Reboot section of the verse badly needs an overhaul).

Yes, but just an unknown degree of amplification. The Spin Dash Amp is from Sonic Prime and is thus not usable, while the old Boost amp speed (8x) is from Unleashed itself. Which we also can't use, as Unleashed's events are vastly different.

Also, the Post-Genesis Wave Chaos Emeralds aren't outright magical anymore and follow the game continuity's vague "mystical gemstones" nature. This is something I plan to tackle regarding the Post-Genesis Wave profiles (we previously didn't allow cross-scaling to the games but a CRT down the line will change that for games that are confirmed to have taken place, so now the entire Post-Reboot section of the verse badly needs an overhaul).
Unquantifiable, but is there a metric for it at all? Like "blitzed people previously on par" or something like that.

Not like it'll do anything massive here but it'll at least reduce the 20x speed diff when Asta uses Zetten.

I still think Asta negs, Doesnt have to be called magic. Itll be similar to the way he negs chakra on site.
I guess that's fair then. Chaos Emerald BFR goes out the window then, since he'll passively negate that the same way he did Lucius's timestop bubble. Same with timestopping Asta.

I'll be real: I'm not entirely sure how his Time Travel works but that sounds like it could be particularly potent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back