• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Black Swordsman vs. Yang (Rematch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To sum the arguments up here:

Yang's advantages - Higher AP and Durability, a full body forcefield that can withstand 8-A attacks, an AP and Dura amp that gets Yang into low end 8-A, significantly more skill and experience, greater physical strength, experience fighting and beating opponents faster than herself, analytical prediction far better than what Kirito has shown, and better ranged options

Kirito's advantages - A temporary speed amp and slightly better regen

Anyone FRAing kirito is ignoring all of the arguments presented in this thread in favor of bias

Here's the way I see it. In versus debates, especially on this site, people decide on who wins via which argument is stronger or they think is more sound. We provided our arguments and let the people decide as they usually do and they simply thought Kirito had better chances. It's not biased it's just what they thought was right.

I feel like accusing people of having some implicit bias for Kirito or hatred for Yang because they voted for Kirito/or are going to vote for Kirito is just really demeaning and, once again, not to be rude, is just you being a sore loser.

Here's the way I see it. In versus debates, especially on this site, people decide on who wins via which argument is stronger or they think is more sound. We provided our arguments and let the people decide as they usually do and they simply thought Kirito had better chances. It's not biased it's just what they thought was right.

I feel like accusing people of having some implicit bias for Kirito or hatred for Yang is just really demeaning and, once again, not to be rude, is just you being a sore loser.
No my guy, I saw you asking people to vote for kirito, this is in fact an accurate claim of bias

The Arguments for kirito are nonexistent

image.png

DO YOU GUYS SEE AN 8-A AMP ON THIS?????

I CERTAINLY DONT

image.png

NO 8-A AURA EITHER

I AM ACTUALLY GOING TO BECOME THE JOKER

Literally nothing you said made sense
But It made trought
1. Then make up your own argument and evidence to counter what he said instead of just saying no
Ok then, i do It later geez
3. Why do you think this means nothing on it's own? Once again you are literally just saying "No" without any evidence to back yourself up
Just saying "she was trained in combat by one of the most skilled fighters on the planet" means zero to mean, since i don't know who was she trained by. And "and being acknowledged as a world-class fighter" Also means **** all to me, since i don't who else in the verse to compare.
(I actually watched RWBY, but i don't remember much)
4. Ok so apparently fighting some of the best and most versatile fighters in the verse at the time (The Twins) doesn't count for anything?
When did i say that? I acknowledged that is a good feat, i just don't think It was enough for me to vote for Yang.
As well as fighting one of the strongest students at the time from Haven, a student, in fact, who is probably older than her and has had more advanced training as a result?
Just fighting? Does she scale in skill?
Weekly is giving you what he has deduced, and even though I don't agree with everything he says, he's at least saying SOMETHING. Support your own arguments, or at least reference @CurrySenpai, who has been trying their best to support Kirito's side
I din't give any arguments, i Just saying that what he said don't conviced me.

Whatever, i gonna try to say why Kirito wins then, **** it🔫
Gonna gather the evidence.

Kirito, while decently skilled, isn't "One of the best on the planet" in terms of skill, and even then he's badly struggled against dudes who don't use weapons, and only won due to either the use of a weapon in a last-ditch effort or help

hmm, I wonder what Yang uses. not even counting that Yang actually has 2 free hands, infinitely better ranged options, and a full-body Forcefield that, while indeed somewhat controversial in terms of potency, either way it makes Kirito's life many times harder since he can't use some of the very few hax he's got on Yang until it goes down.

Kirito is fighting a combatant whose style he's historically struggled against, while at multiple stat disadvantages(so even if you bring up he couldve been at stat disadvantages... yeah.), and no usable hax to back it up.

No my guy, I saw you asking people to vote for kirito, this is in fact an accurate claim of bias

The Arguments for kirito are nonexistent
Genuinely where? I don't really have any sort of communication with people outside of the forum besides a couple of the SAO supporters which only 2 are here.

THERE IS NO 8-A AMP ON YANGS BEACON KEY STOP INSISTING ON THIS
Well her profile is outdated

Because her semblance literally stacks damage she absorbs by hits and stores it and releases it all by two times

Think of it like this, Yang gets hit by two attacks that are 10 tons, she now has stored 20 tons of energy and she can send back that stored energy of 20 tons twice as hard into 40 tons of energy

Btw weekly, can you show when in the profile say she have Mid-Low regeneration?
I tink it be on here

image.png

I CERTAINLY DONT

image.png

NO 8-A AURA EITHER

Yang's semblance stores the energy of every hit she takes, doubles it, and adds it to her own, with her max amount of his being within the 3-4 dozen range. 4 x 36 = 144 tons, 8-A

And Yes, 8-A aura, she is literally listed in her dura section as having taken hits from 8-As

image.png

I CERTAINLY DONT

image.png

NO 8-A AURA EITHER

Check the Aura page it shows multiple explamples of the characters surviving attacks from people who are way stronger then them, that's why Aura is listed as higher

Also the 8-A comes from the fact Yangs semblance ap can depend all on how much damage she has absorbed, hence why it's listed as higher as well

Burn: Yang has the ability to absorb energy from the damage she has taken, and redirect it twice as hard at her opponent, effectively making her stronger with each hit she takes. She can save up the energy to use later for an even more devastating attack. Her ability also causes her eyes to change color from lilac to red, which is a "side-effect" of her Semblance, though it does occasionally happen outside of combat. When using her Semblance, she draws power from her hair. However, Yang's Semblance does not grant her invincibility and she does take damage from her opponents, as shown when Adam Taurus cuts her right arm off with Wilt and Blush. Although a powerful Semblance, Yang is unable to power it up without taking damage first, and fighters well-versed in dodging attacks can potentially bypass it entirely, rendering the added power useless. In early volumes her anger also caused her to unintentionally activate her Semblance, even if she is not in battle, though after the Fall of Beacon this is no longer an issue.

Yang's semblance stores the energy of every hit she takes, doubles it, and adds it to her own, with her max amount of his being within the 3-4 dozen range. 4 x 36 = 144 tons, 8-A

And Yes, 8-A aura, she is literally listed in her dura section as having taken hits from 8-As
its literally not on the profiles, you cannot use this

I tink it be on here
Thanks.
Why Yang is Low then?

Read this, look at the profiles linked

It shows aura multiple times let's the characters survive attacks from people in different tiers of power then them and yang with her Aura still up can take massive amounts of damage with her Aura and absorb, store it all and send all that absorbed damage back

Kirito, while decently skilled, isn't "One of the best on the planet" in terms of skill, and even then he's badly struggled against dudes who don't use weapons, and only won due to either the use of a weapon in a last-ditch effort or help

hmm, I wonder what Yang uses. not even counting that Yang actually has 2 free hands, infinitely better ranged options, and a full-body Forcefield that, while indeed somewhat controversial in terms of potency, either way it makes Kirito's life many times harder since he can't use some of the very few hax he's got on Yang until it goes down.

Kirito is fighting a combatant whose style he's historically struggled against, while at multiple stat disadvantages(so even if you bring up he couldve been at stat disadvantages... yeah.), and no usable hax to back it up.
I hope in my arguments I never made it seem like he was the most skilled person alive. I think even in my first message I go as far as to say “skill is close and debatable” or something along those lines.”

I think it is important to understand, in Aincrad there were people who fought with claws and martial arts, heck, there was an entire skill tree dedicated to Martial Arts itself so not only would Kirito have learned such things himself but he would also have dealt with people who use unarmed content, as for ranged options, Kirito is no stranger to people with ranged options, take for instance enemies that use projectiles such as lasers (Floor 8 boss I believe (it’s a cube)) or the Minotaurs on 2 that use lightning breath. His analytical prediction would come in handy here to help with dodging that stuff as well. I don’t really think he’s “struggled” per say with hand to hand combatants in the sense that they’re a big issue or in fact a weakness of his but yeah that’s all I have to say.

There’s still the fact that he’s also a game character with certain physiology, instant full heals and passive heals, other buffs and incarnatjon which I will be sending a clip below proof that he utilized incarnation (albeit a lot less potently) in his final battle against Heathcliff (the yellow eyes are always a clear indicator of this).

(Skip to 4:10 I am on mobile)

Hmmmm, If RWBY profiles outdated, i think i gonna wait for the CRT, before doing the gathering of evidence.

But It made trought

Ok then, i do It later geez

Just saying "she was trained in combat by one of the most skilled fighters on the planet" means zero to mean, since i don't know who was she trained by. And "and being acknowledged as a world-class fighter" Also means **** all to me, since i don't who else in the verse to compare.
(I actually watched RWBY, but i don't remember much)

When did i say that? I acknowledged that is a good feat, i just don't think It was enough for me to vote for Yang.

Just fighting? Does she scale in skill?

I din't give any arguments, i Just saying that what he said don't conviced me.

Whatever, i gonna try to say why Kirito wins then, **** it🔫
Gonna gather the evidence.
1. No it didn't
2. Cool
3. The best fighters on the planet like Qrow, Glynda, and other professors who are at the very least better than Kirito's kendo instructor. As for the "World Class Figher" part, I'm going to assume you never watched the show because if you saw how they fight, you'd realize how skilled they are. But if you want an actual reference, check out Pyrrha's page on the wiki
4. yeah I'm not explaining why this is dumb
5. The **** do you mean does she scale in skill? What other skill matters in a fight besides, well, fighting? Do you want me to pull up her resume? Get her after school extracurricular cooking classes or something?
6. Without your own evidence backing it up you can't vote based off a nonchalant "no"

Hmmmm, If RWBY profiles outdated, i think i gonna wait for the CRT, before doing the gathering of evidence.
Yeah, basically Yang's semblance varies in power depending on how much damage she takes, I mean it's on her profile already

Burn: Yang has the ability to absorb energy from the damage she has taken, and redirect it twice as hard at her opponent, effectively making her stronger with each hit she takes. She can save up the energy to use later for an even more devastating attack.

I tink it be on here
This only applies to Hazel and Jaune, not Yang

Atlesian Paladins are High 8C

That said, they are still far stronger than Yang so I get your point, but nowhere on her Beaon profile does it say that she's taken hits from 8As

Adam sliced straight through her arm with zero effort from full health

The post haven cast who are town level can survive attacks from lightning dust hazel who is low 7-B also more examples of Aura saving the characters asses from way stronger foes

1. No it didn't
It did, yeah.
Cool
3. The best fighters on the planet like Qrow, Glynda, and other professors who are at the very least better than Kirito's kendo instructor. As for the "World Class Figher" part, I'm going to assume you never watched the show because if you saw how they fight, you'd realize how skilled they are. But if you want an actual reference, check out Pyrrha's page on the wiki
Ok, what you said is better than what weekly said, but weekly initially don't convince me at all.
4. yeah I'm not explaining why this is dumb
I can see why you think this is dumb, but i just saying I think they are good feat, but not enough for me to think Kirito would lose.
5. The **** do you mean does she scale in skill? What other skill matters in a fight besides, well, fighting? Do you want me to pull up her resume? Get her after school extracurricular cooking classes or something?
Tch.
6. Without your own evidence backing it up you can't vote based off a nonchalant "no"
Techinically i can, If i give a reason or agree with someone else.

I hope in my arguments I never made it seem like he was the most skilled person alive. I think even in my first message I go as far as to say “skill is close and debatable” or something along those lines.”

I think it is important to understand, in Aincrad there were people who fought with claws and martial arts, heck, there was an entire skill tree dedicated to Martial Arts itself so not only would Kirito have learned such things himself but he would also have dealt with people who use unarmed content, as for ranged options, Kirito is no stranger to people with ranged options, take for instance enemies that use projectiles such as lasers (Floor 8 boss I believe (it’s a cube)) or the Minotaurs on 2 that use lightning breath. His analytical prediction would come in handy here to help with dodging that stuff as well. I don’t really think he’s “struggled” per say with hand to hand combatants in the sense that they’re a big issue or in fact a weakness of his but yeah that’s all I have to say.

There’s still the fact that he’s also a game character with certain physiology, instant full heals and passive heals, other buffs and incarnatjon which I will be sending a clip below proof that he utilized incarnation (albeit a lot less potently) in his final battle against Heathcliff (the yellow eyes are always a clear indicator of this).

(Skip to 4:10 I am on mobile)

You literally just disproved all of your points with that 1 video

Kirito in the video you sent literally just went unga bunga sword swing because the guy he was fighting literally programmed the game and memorized every single sword skill in his tree. This not only proves that 1. Sword Skills are telegraphed, and 2. Kirito can't do jack shit without them, as even him using his so called "swordplay" without sword skills wasn't enough to even touch Heathcliffe, a middle-aged programmer who has an equally nonexistent amount of real life combat experience

Kirito has never encountered anyone who fights like Yang does, and although martial arrts skills do exist in Aincrad, they are at the end of the day still skills and thus are still telegraphed. It's literally a video game. If you keep seeing the same skills over and over you're bound to adapt to it unless you're an idiot. Yang however doesn't use skills, she just fights unrestricted from a game, which adds a massive amount of variance to her fighting style compared to an SAO player or SAO monster

I already addressed his analytical prediction above. Analytically predicting telegraphed monsters and sword skills like a pro gamer would doesn't help him against an actual combatant. Not to mention Kirito has no significant ranged attacks on his own, so even if he sees the projectiles coming, he can't respond in turn, meaning Yang can camp him out whenever he wants.

Also, I'm surprised no one has brought this up yet. but Yang's mobility is LEAGUES upon LEAGUES beyond Kirito's. Yang's propulsion-based combat and momentum manipulation via Ember Celia allows Yang to dodge and counter in a way that irito has never seen before and has no answer to, plus she can just zoom across the battlefield shooting him with bullets without any effort. It's literally a nerfed version of Bakugo's mobility from MHA

This one example of Incarnation worked because Kirito caught Heathcliff off guard with a surprise attack after he was already dead, with both of them dying immediately after that (well, Kirito didn't actually die, but that's only because Heathcliff directly interfered with the game's system and spared both him and Asuna. Kirito would actually die if he attempted it here). Yang, however, can't be caught off guard due to her aura blocking everything passively, so even if Kirito protagonist powers his way past death, Yang would just facetank the blow and finish him off for good
Not to mention this key of Kirito doesn't even have that in the first place

Last edited:
Atlesian Paladins are High 8C

That said, they are still far stronger than Yang so I get your point, but nowhere on her Beaon profile does it say that she's taken hits from 8As

Adam sliced straight through her arm with zero effort from full health
Adam is 7-C and was amped even further by his semblance

Look Yang can fight two twins who are trained assassins (thanks to the neo light novel) who are trained in a school for assassins and beat both of them in a two vs one

She can even predict their moves

As I brought up earlier, Kirito in this key has at most two years of actual combat experience and minimal formal training, Yang in this key has over a decade of both. That alone shows how wide the gap between them is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back