• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Black Swordsman vs. Yang (Rematch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To sum the arguments up here:

Yang's advantages - Higher AP and Durability, a full body forcefield that can withstand 8-A attacks, an AP and Dura amp that gets Yang into low end 8-A, significantly more skill and experience, greater physical strength, experience fighting and beating opponents faster than herself, analytical prediction far better than what Kirito has shown, and better ranged options

Kirito's advantages - A temporary speed amp and slightly better regen

Not even temporary, it’s as long as he has dual blades and since we take characters when they’re at their peak this Kirito would have it the entire battle

"debunked"
Debunked, yes. The entire argument around Incarnation is using stuff that Kirito doesnt even have in this key, the argument for him stunning Yang relies entirely on him landing a blow on Yang's unprotected head which isnt going to be possible as Yang's head is protected by a forcefield, the gap in skill between them was described in great detail, etc. The arguments in favor of Kirito are just factually incorrect.

Not even temporary, it’s as long as he has dual blades and since we take characters when they’re at their peak this Kirito would have it the entire battle
Meaning that is the speed that would be equalized, meaning he would have no speed amp

Thing is Kirito's isnt a speed amp, it's his base speed in this key as he is always using dual.blades by default
If it was his base speed it’d be listed as such. From a versus stand point I do get this argument but from a narrative standpoint Floors 50-75 (the key) he’s only using Dual Blades for 2 floors so an argument can be made that it’s not vase.

Good point.
Aye, and even then Yang has a ton of experience fighting people who blitz the hell out of her well beyond 2x, she regularly sparred with Ruby in the years leading up to Beacon, and she won fights like the one against Neon who was blitzing her for literally the entire fight

To sum the arguments up here:

Yang's advantages - Higher AP and Durability, a full body forcefield that can withstand 8-A attacks, an AP and Dura amp that gets Yang into low end 8-A, significantly more skill and experience, greater physical strength, experience fighting and beating opponents faster than herself, analytical prediction far better than what Kirito has shown, and better ranged options

Anyone FRAing kirito is ignoring all of the arguments presented in this thread in favor of bias

Anyone FRAing kirito is ignoring all of the arguments presented in this thread in favor of bias
I get that you’re frustrated big dawg but just accusing people of voting out of bias is like really a dick move.

Dawg I feared this would happen, I clearly cannot reason with you and now you’re accusing me of just ignoring your arguments.

I will let the people decide at this point because the blatant Kirito downplaying that is happen is too much me for me to handle.
you kinda did exactly that

why is everyone voting Kirito FRA when literally no one has responded to @WeeklyBattles 's rebuttals

like the only thing that even remotely counts as a counter argument is this:
It hitted grace lol.

Anyway, the skill thing don't really conviced me much actually
which is literally just "I don't believe you" without any actual response as to why

why is everyone voting Kirito FRA when literally no one has responded to @WeeklyBattles 's rebuttals

like the only thing that even remotely counts as a counter argument is this:

which is literally just "I don't believe you" without any actual response as to why
literally just click on yang's profile how hard is that

Weekly is blatantly spreading misinformation about Yang that is so easy to debunk just by clicking on Yang's profile

nowhere on Yang's profile does it say that her beacon key has 8-A forcefields, nowhere on Yang's profile does it say that her beacon key has 8-A amps, nowhere has it been shown that her ana pre is better than Kirito's

there is no counter-argument when the argument is as disingenuous, dishonest, and quite frankly stupid as this

please stop accusing people of bias when you're blatantly spreading misinformation yourself

im voting Kirito btw
Yang's aura can facetank blows from Prototype and Production Model Atlesian Paladins who can facetank multiple combined attacks from the entirety of Team RWBY plus Sun and Neptune without taking damage, on top of being uninjured by Coco's Machine Gun, who can tear through large Grimm like Nevermores, who needed the combined efforts of all of RWBY and JNPR to take down, even including the fact that Yang shoved her fist down the nevermore's throat and caused internal damage with her bullets

Yang's aura might not be 8A, but it's certainly several times stronger than her AP. Considering how Yang has the AP and dura advantage even without her Aura, it's safe to say that Kirito wouldn't be doing much to her before Yang kills him

Not to mention, if Yang's in a tight spot, she gets a massive omniboost with Burn, enhancing her aura and massively increasing her attack power

Last edited:
literally just click on yang's profile how hard is that

Weekly is blatantly spreading misinformation about Yang that is so easy to debunk just by clicking on Yang's profile

nowhere on Yang's profile does it say that her beacon key has 8-A forcefields, nowhere on Yang's profile does it say that her beacon key has 8-A amps, nowhere has it been shown that her ana pre is better than Kirito's

there is no counter-argument when the argument is as disingenuous, dishonest, and quite frankly stupid as this
dude I watch RWBY like a cult follower, I know what her profile says

Yang's aura is detailed above. As for analytical prediction, Kirito's and Yang's are the exact same level. Kirito can predict multiple mosters attacking him at once, while Yang can counter blows from the Twins without even looking in their direction.

With this in mind, Yang's is better in this specific situation since Kirito is more used to fighting large monsters and occasionally battling no good red players when they get out of hand, all only for 2 years, while Yang has honed her martial arts against a vast variety of Huntsman and ean even larger variety of monsters for almost her entire life.

Did people also forget that Sword Skills have SSBU Heavyweight level endlag every time they're used, which Yang doesn't suffer from, and Kirito's only method of dealing damage is using Sword Skills to increase his strength enough to even mildly dent her Semblance

which is literally just "I don't believe you" without any actual response as to why.
I mean like, his argument about why Yang já more skilled than Kirito don't convice mean at all, so i don't vote thinking about that.
Like this:
Kirito is nowhere near Yang's skill level. Kirito has at best two years of combat experience in a world where the majority of his abilities were bolstered by game mechanics that allowed him to chain attacks together without actively thinking about it as normal non-sword skill attacks do minimal damage, and even then the only reason he had any of those skills was due to him being a beta tester who was absurdly high level before SAO even started. Even his dual wielding isnt skill-based, it's just based on reaction timing. Hes not a skill god, hes an over leveled beatstick with no actual training in a game where everyone is level 1 beginners.
This argument here to say why Kirito is not even that skilled don't make any sense, he basically just said "Kirito is not skilled, because his abilities comes from a game" or not, i don't even understand what's he trying to say here.
Yang on the other hand has trained in combat for well over a decade, including being personally trained by one of the most skilled fighters on the planet, and being acknowledged as a world-class fighter.
Which means nothing on his own.
Hell her first on-screen fight had her taking on two of the best assassins on the planet at the same time, outpredicting both of their attacks simultaneously, and beating both of them without even using her semblance, and one of the first fights in the Vytal Festival had her beat Arslan Altan, who was statistically analyzed by the best scientists and physical analysts in Atlas to be superior to Yang in skill by a wide margin, through ingenuity and quick thinking.
And that's just good feats, but not enough for me to vote Yang.

I mean like, his argument about why Yang já more skilled than Kirito don't convice mean at all, so i don't vote thinking about that.
Like this:

This argument here to say why Kirito is not even that skilled don't make any sense, he basically just said "Kirito is not skilled, because his abilities comes from a game" or not, i don't even understand what's he trying to say here.

Which means nothing on his own.

And that's just good feats, but not enough for me to vote Yang.
Literally nothing you said made sense

1. Then make up your own argument and evidence to counter what he said instead of just saying no
2. All of Kirito's actual combat skills come from his childhood Kendo lessons. All of Kirito's feats in game had nothing to do with skill, only his advancement through the game and owning more sword skills and items than other people. This doesn't translate to swordsmanship nor martial skill or fighting experience. Yang on the other hand is a trained martial artist who has fought other humanoid and monstrous enemies without any game mechanics to assist her. This means that Yang wil have an easier time understanding how Kirito fights as opposed to the opposite happening, and allows Yang to make better decisions easier
3. Why do you think this means nothing on it's own? Once again you are literally just saying "No" without any evidence to back yourself up
4. Ok so apparently fighting some of the best and most versatile fighters in the verse at the time (The Twins) doesn't count for anything? As well as fighting one of the strongest students at the time from Haven, a student, in fact, who is probably older than her and has had more advanced training as a result? Weekly is giving you what he has deduced, and even though I don't agree with everything he says, he's at least saying SOMETHING. Support your own arguments, or at least reference @CurrySenpai, who has been trying their best to support Kirito's side

Yeah imma be real I'm just going to have this removed if it gets added, the arguments for kirito are laughable, Yang holds quite literally every advantage here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back