• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Archiver Downgrade

Continued from here

In essence, it was agreed that The Archiver has no reason being at 2-A.

Let's look at the "evidence" for 2-A:

"The virtual world is said to have a universe for every possible choice possible choice being an infinite amount)"

For the first scan, this just proves it works on multiverse theory, which is textbook 2-B.

Moreover, the second scan doesn't prove that infinite possibilities exist either. It only has "endless" and "countless" statements which (again) is 2-B.

So, my proposal is that The Archiver be downgraded from 2-A to 2-B.

It wasn't downgraded for a couple of reasons.

1. ALRF who was proposing a 5-B Archiver is currently on hiatus, so the thread was also put on hiatus.

2. The scans are questionable and we've had this translation problem with verses like Jojo before so we put the whole thing on hiatus until the raw scans are found and get translated by us. I mean the scans that say "endless" are the same scans that put Ban, Akabane and Ginji above time and space, immesurable speeds, have statements like "He can ride the photons of light in the gaps between time and space", and a LOT of other things we disregarded. Accepting the translated scans as gospel truth would mean getting GetBackers back to their 1-B tiering. And another thing is that the last arcs were not translated by a company IIRC. The company responsable for it didn't choose to translate the last part.

3. The whole hiatus point was literally till we find the raw scans.

So there are 2 ways we can go about this:

- Accept everything as given.

- Put a placeholder tier onto The Archiver like "At least 2-B, possibly 2-A", since we'r not sure about either.

Why can't people just search for the Japanese scan to determine whether it's actually "countless" or "infinite"?

Easier said than done. You can give it a try, we'd be glad to settle this whole thing if you can find the original scans. Personally i've tried, couldn't find anything useful.

The point was, that even the translated scans don't support 2-A. And as for the point that the translations are unreliable, this can be used for essentially all the scans in the verse. No need to cherry pick what is deemed reliable or unreliable. And if the cast being above space-time and having Immeasurable speed is consistent, I don't see a problem with having them.

The placeholder should just be 2-B not "At least 2-B, possibly 2-A" Why? To quote Azzy:

"Possibly 2-A" implies there is actual evidence that it's 2-A, just that the likelihood is indeterminate.

The issue here is that there isn't actually any evidence for 2-A, it's completely hypothetical, which we don't base ratings on."

I'm saying that if in the original scan it says "Mugen", then it's 2-A because"Mugen" outright means "infinite".

DMB 1 said:
I'm saying that if in the original scan it says "Mugen", then it's 2-A because"Mugen" outright means "infinite".
I got that, it's just that finding the raw scans is proving to be rather difficult.

Which is why im not cherry picking and saying "only the 2-B is wrong, the 1-B is 100% true and time to add it on the profiles".

Well about the consistency everyone important has actual transcendence over time and space, so idk. May need to make a thread about it, we disregarded it at first cus the verse had no feats, but since the low 2-C feat was accepted idk anymore. May need to ask the others and wait for Lord Griffin.

True, but the tier is stuck between the 2. Again we had this "mugen" problem with Jojo just before the GetBackers, problem so we decided to treat them the same way. We decided to keep a middle and treat them as baseline 2-A (if they go back to 2-B they'll be some of the highest 2-B's on the site, if they go to 2-A they are gonna be higher than Digimon 2-A, so again some of the highest 2-A's).

I wouldn't mind whatever happened. Highest 2-B doesn't change all that much from baseline 2-A in versus battles. So go with whatever seems best, however we would still need the original scans to make sure.

Might as well finish the downgrade with this thread. When i was making The Archiver, i made a mistake and put his IQ as Omniscient.

Well that's not all that true, he is omniscient inside the virtual world, he doesn't have full knowledge of the real world. So we should likely swap that with "Nigh-Omniscient, Omniscient inside the virtual world" or just keep it as Nigh Omniscient.

I also gotta make a thread discussing Ban's Jagan and how it should be treated. And about adding their "2-A through Logic Manipulation" to their profiles since i don't think there is any indication in the profiles about their hax being 2-A. Idk if this is the right thread about it though.

You can ask some staff members to comment here if you wish.

5-B seems like downplay but yeah, I agree, this seems like pretty textbook 2-B. There's no reason for 2-A.

The reason I voted for the likely 2-A is just to remind that it's not 100% correct and may actually be 2a but I'd be fine with flat 2b too.

ALRF is not very active anymore, but it might be worth a try to ask him to give input here.

Back