• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Almighty: Clarification (Bleach manga and cfyow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please stop with your false dichotomy, we use correct translation, not VIZ or not VIZ. We aren't gonna use VIZ here because we can prove they are demonstorably false.

False as in wrong translation, or false as in they don't fit your interpretations?

Basically, Raws says a thing but Viz says other, Raws >> Viz, but for some strange and no sense reason, Kukui want to use Viz instead of Raws, that's it
Nono, Kukui doesn't want to use a mixture of both. He wants to use STRICTLY officials or raws and not make a compromise, that's what he's planning for his "translation standards" bs. You can read through the thread.

There is no official translation.
For the "Omnipotent and Omniscient stuff" there is.

Nono, Kukui doesn't want to use a mixture of both. He wants to use STRICTLY officials or raws and not make a compromise, that's what he's planning for his "translation standards" bs. You can read through the thread.
I didnt said that he want a mixture of both, I said that he wants to use Viz

No whats ridiculous is people wanting to magically forget context isn't a thing and just take a statement (that isn't even officially translated yet) for exactly what it is knowing the context would go against what they want to push for.

The series itself blatantly treats the 2 terms as interchangeable, you cannot take a translation as bigger priority over the meaning of the words. That literally isn't how this works.
What the words “mean” to you matters not. It is the official language of the series and author which matters. The meaning of the words are different in Japanese which is the official and only source that matters to the author. His home. Even official translation like VIZ have been wrong before and you were one of those that supported when someone called out that VIZ didn’t always do a good job. But when it suits your views ... it suits.

What the words “mean” to you matters not. It is the official language of the series and author which matters. The meaning of the words are different in Japanese which is the official and only source that matters to the author. His home. Even official translation like VIZ have been wrong before and you were one of those that supported when someone called out that VIZ didn’t always do a good job. But when it suits your views ... it suits.
Wow... Well pointed out.

My opinion is that we wait for the full context of the officially translated novel to be released this month before updating the profiles with a new rating. There is no rush or urgency to add the new ratings in.

We can just put this concluded CRT on hold until the novel is out.

My opinion is that we wait for the full context of the officially translated novel to be released this month before updating the profiles with a new rating. There is no rush or urgency to add the new ratings in.
I can say all of this about the current rating, there is no reason to keep them when they are contradicted by raws.

I can say all of this about the current rating, there is no reason to keep them when they are contradicted by raws.
I said earlier that I agree with removing incorrect info.

Just put him as Unknown temporarily.

For what reason should he be unknown?
In order to wait for the full context of the novel.

This whole issue came about because couldn't wait for a proper translation in the first place, and there might be more information on the novel that impacts his rating.

Is it wrong to be a bit patient?

Again there's the potential of another delay. We literally have the full context from consistent translation of the Raws. You are not going to get any unknown context for a single sentence on a singular page.

Even the fan translation can currently used mentions the keystone which is just literally the linchpin.

There is no rule as well to having to wait for the official as well

We don't need an explicit rule for that. Waiting for product to be released in English when we know it is just a couple weeks away doesn't sound like an unreasonable request.

We can just put this concluded CRT on hold until the novel is out.

Agreed.

I said earlier that I agree with removing incorrect info.

Just put him as Unknown temporarily.
Also agreed.

I see no difference between this and Dragon Ball heroes threads that use direct raw from the mangs or the games, sometimes just translation summaries.

This is inherently better in which we have consistent translations for the direct raw. The VIZ is not going to give you any unknown context we don't already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back