• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Almighty: Clarification (Bleach manga and cfyow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No but I am saying we need to be consistent about whats used. If you use raws, forget viz entirely. Don't pick and choose between the 2 of them because it helps you to suit an argument.
No, we need to use the right translations, on this case, Viz is wrong.
And this is ignoring the fact that its funny we take translations from fans translating the raws instead of professional translators whos job is to be close to accurate as possible. But our translation standards in general here are very bad, so this isn't specifically verse-specific.
Literally a lot of ''professional translations'' are wrong, u can saw it on a lot of threads that envolves Light Novel characters or some crap they need to go to Raws because Yen Press translation is a shit, no cap

No but I am saying we need to be consistent about whats used. If you use raws, forget viz entirely. Don't pick and choose between the 2 of them because it helps you to suit an argument.
This is a false dichotomy, we use the accurate translation, not Viz or not Viz.
And this is ignoring the fact that its funny we take translations from fans translating the raws instead of professional translators whos job is to be close to accurate as possible. But our translation standards in general here are very bad, so this isn't specifically verse-specific.
Ok? 2 translators support us while you only have one, it was even demonstrated why they are wrong.

Im not really familiar with Bleach but ive come across this thread and the way it is handled here kinda pisses me off which is why im responding

@ProfessorKukui4Life
you're claiming that Bleach uses almighty as Omnipotence/Omniscience interchangeability which is an extraordinary claim and extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence
Then can you bring up more than 1 scan that uses almighty as Omnipotece/Omniscience interchangeability?
His scan was debunked, a translator already stated that the raws just show uryu calling it the almighty.

Lol time to wrap it guys

Great thread, but all "counters" have been debunked at this point.

Only 1 guy disagrees so we should already call the mods' input on this

hazama-hat.gif

I just hope that after this a thread to nuke raws isn't made just to downgrade Bleach like the last time the upgrades happened

I agree with the OP here, the evidence is pretty cut clear.

Honestly thought it was pretty obvious whenever Arc posted it in his doc which people glossed over.

Im not really familiar with Bleach but ive come across this thread and the way it is handled here kinda pisses me off which is why im responding

@ProfessorKukui4Life
you're claiming that Bleach uses almighty as Omnipotence/Omniscience interchangeability which is an extraordinary claim and extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence
Then can you bring up more than 1 scan that uses almighty as Omnipotece/Omniscience interchangeability?
The amount of scans for proving it isn't the issue, the issue is that I bring evidence to prove precisely the context behind the words mean that, but now its magically wrong because of us flip flopping between the raws and whats officially translated, which is cherry picking and dumb when Viz is usuable here and now for whatever reason isn't.

Dude, if you want to change standards on the usage of raws and site translators being reliant, by all means. But we have shown the kanji is literally just almighty
Funny you suggest this when ive been meaning to make that thread for a while but couldn't for being pre-occupied. But if I have to in order to address this issue, so be it.

And it won't be because of Bleach before people go off on a tyrade to crucify me like you have already (and probably will regardless). It's because our translation standards here are extremely half-assed, and verses get away with using non-official raws all the time while others get scrutinized to death by that tactic.

The amount of scans for proving it isn't the issue, the issue is that I bring evidence to prove precisely the context behind the words mean that, but now its magically wrong because of us flip flopping between the raws and whats officially translated, which is cherry picking and dumb when Viz is usuable here and now for whatever reason isn't.
Please stop with your false dichotomy, we use correct translation, not VIZ or not VIZ. We aren't gonna use VIZ here because we can prove they are demonstorably false.

It isnt usuable here because the translation is wrong, honestly dude, did u even saw the Raws? The Raws is literally the original text, u're literally claiming that a wrong translation is more reilable than the Raws

And it won't be because of Bleach before people go off on a tyrade to crucify me like you have already (and probably will regardless). It's because our translation standards here are extremely half-assed, and verses get away with using non-official raws all the time while others get scrutinized to death by that tactic.
The fact that you tried to prematurely address it just shows how self aware you are that this is the case, we must be nearing half a dozen site wide revisions to prevent a Bleach upgrade at this point.

The fact that you tried to prematurely address it just shows how self aware you are that this is the case, we must be nearing half a dozen site wide revisions to prevent a Bleach upgrade at this point.
before apple's comes here I am calling anew one to prevent it from going up

If he wants to dismiss the raws it's fine, VIZ hasn't translated it yet so he has no evidence that the almighty is used here.

Or its more like because I know that several of you in here who already have very mixed feelings against me, and have blatantly shown that to be the case, constantly throw shade at me when Bleach is even uttered out of my mouth.

The entire downgrade thread and what was said in the general forum is proof of that by itself.

Or its more like because I know that several of you in here who already have very mixed feelings against me, and have blatantly shown that to be the case, constantly throw shade at me when Bleach is even uttered out of my mouth.

The entire downgrade thread and what was said in the general forum is proof of that by itself.
Lol, if u dont even have argument on the thread just leave, all of ur claims already were debunked and now u're just being headcanon and saying that ppl is attacking u

I wasn't solely referring to you, you're not the only person to make a site wide revision in response to a Bleach CRT, albeit, you probably have made the most.

Regardless, I don't have mixed feelings towards you, frankly I could care less about you, I just discuss your arguments as they come without any forethought. Tell me you're not so paranoid that you think I target your posts or something?

Last edited:
It's because our translation standards here are extremely half-assed, and verses get away with using non-official raws all the time while others get scrutinized to death by that tactic.
According to who??? Last I checked that only applies to your own opinion, the wiki has no reason to abide and alter it's rules based off of your own belief that it's "half assed."

this isn't an actual argument to be making. But if you wanna seriously try to downgrade verses like Masada and Nasu since they also rely on RAW statements.

anyway this is a derail at this point. Does anyone have issues with the OP

Translation standards should be its own thing, not here

dude, nobody here translates raws from Google translate. It is translated by people who know Japanese and are good at it. You need to tell us why what the Japanese speaking person said is wrong.

According to who??? Last I checked that only applies to your own opinion, the wiki has no reason to abide and alter it's rules based off of your own belief that it's "half assed."
Verses of mine for one. And other verses who ive requested to see their Raws or original languages in their upgrades but got laughed at for being ridiculous about that.

Verses of mine for one. And other verses who ive requested to see their Raws or original languages in their upgrades but got laughed at for being ridiculous about that.
Context is what matters for the RAWs. The only time I can recall a verse being laughed at for RAW statements is Wano from One Piece being 1000Ri, which is demonstrably incorrect with what we're shown in the art.

Here we have a direct RAW scan stating that the Soul King didn't use Almighty, otherwise the Kanji wouldn't have been used. We already see what the Almighty (hax.) looks like in Kanji, and for the Soul King's we see something different. Anyway this is basically checkmate for now till you make that CRT and get it accepted. Otherwise our current standards is RAWs >>> English translations.

Just gonna jump here real quick and say that reason wiki uses Viz translation is well its official translation and that it should take priority over fan translation whose reliability is not only more questionable but also the limitations of the changes the fan translation can make is greater due to nothing stopping then while Viz translation as being official translation can be regarded as accurate due to being actually officially translated means it should have some bounds and authenticity however the raws are used when the official translation is either not clear,doesn't make sense or its need to be verifed in order to prove certain topics and that it obviously takes more precedence over Viz translation due to being written in actual Japenese reducing the chances of changing the context of the translation to near 0.However reason as to why wiki doesn't use Japenese raws translation instead of official or fan translation in general is because its very impractical due to not everyone knowing Japenese so they cant translate every portion of the manga/anime/novels/guidebooks nor anyone will be able to participate without knowing Japenese which would slow down the wiki progress alot and would put tons of work load on people who can translate Japenese in VSB.Which is why official translation are used until raw translation are needed or in order to show why Viz translation is false.Well,hope that clarifes something.

any way
back to the op, i think ive demonstrated earlier why contextually the split and merge cannot be the almighty

for everyone new here, since translations standards stuffs is not part of the thread and derailed it a bit.

>>>> this <<<< is basically where (you can read previous messages) the only argument from the only person that disagree get debunked by context and raw. Making still the OP reliable, correct and not debunked by actual proofs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back