• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Almighty: Clarification (Bleach manga and cfyow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except a scan directly from the manga you like to latch onto so strongly? A scan that outright proves what im saying is the case?
Only if you ignore what he said a sentence prior
Meanwhile your side is continuing to use explained fan-translations instead of being tactful and actually using whats officially translated to fight with here.
Again, if you don't want to use this translation it's fine, you just don't have any evidence to seperate the almighty from yhwach.

Because The Almighty is specifically stated to be Omnipotence and Omniscience? I don't see what's so hard to grasp about that. If it was referring to The Almighty, it would keep it's consistency and call it Omnipotence and Omniscience.
Its "hard to grasp" because im not seeing what makes it anything more than a non-argument. Omniscience isn't mentioned because it has nothing to do with the splitting the world feat. The scene speaks about Reio's "almighty power", not his knowledge. Thus, omnipotence.

Im literally not seeing how this argument holds just because one word isn't said.
Unless you can definitively prove it for the downgrade, then the speculation really doesn't mean anything.
See above.
Activating the Almighty let him do more physically impressive feats, like 1 shotting someone who he was physically fighting evenly beforehand? idk what else to tell ya chief.
You mean someone who wasn't fighting a fully powered Yhwach?
Ok? That's entirely irrelevant here. He specifies that he doesn't have the omnipotence and omniscience, but the Soul king is only stated to have Omnipotence, not Omniscience. We also know the Soul king STILL has the almighty when we see him.
See first response.
"its very easy to see why" That doesn't PROVE it though. Nothing you've brought forth PROVES anything, what we're shown is that the Almighty is always specifically referred to as All Powerful and All Knowing. If you can find a case where it's specifically shown to be ONLY referred to as Omnipotence, go ahead and post it. Otherwise, you're working with speculation, which we don't accept in cases for downgrades or upgrades.
And again, see first response.

Knowledge has absolutely nothing to do with the splitting of the world feat, and thus, Omniscience wouldn't be randomly brought up.
In short, get a scan where The Almighty is specified as only being referred to as Omnipotence (not the scan you're claiming it means, since it's vague), and I will concede. But till then, I won't be conceding to speculation that requires an extra assumption.
Okay but I wont be budging from my stance that this specific wording of something being missing somehow means its a counter argument. At the end of the day, its still called Omnipotent. In one such case, Omnsicence is mentioned, because Yhwach lost the ability to see the future when Jugram took his power. Thus, Uryu saying he was no longer Omniscient as well.

The Soul King's feat has nothing to do with this ability to be all knowing, so why would Omniscience be mentioned? It wouldn't be. And that leaves Omnipotence left.

Besides, didn't Ichibei flat out said Ichigo had the necessary power or the qualities to become the Soul King and he thought history was repeating itself?

Despite Ichigo NOT having or even BEING HINTED at having the Almighty?

First I dont see how this breaks tiering, unless you are implying anyone scales to prime soul king. That is not being argued here, nor is it reflective of he is scaled on his page.

Second
0151.jpg

He uses the exact kanji for the schrift
That directly translates to “Yhwach no longer has the power of ‘The Almighty’!”

Uryu is using a play on words
He’s reading the hiragana for the schrift instead of the furigana
The reason “omnipotence and omniscience” refer to The Almighty in this specific case is because it’s spelled the exact same as the schrift

This isn’t the case for CFYOW
The quotes around the kanji make it even more obvious that in this specific case he’s referring to the schrift

Also, Uryu scan is also the same.

全知全能 = Omnipotent and Omnscience
The Almighty” is 全知全能 (the furigana in that scan is “ji oorumaiti” aka The Almighty)

Image RAW

There goes your only shred of evidence I guess.
And for the upteenth time sigurd, I don't give a shit about what the translation's literal wording says.

What I care about is the context. And Uryu obviously meant both are the same by bringing it up in the first place.

Also Uryu scan is also the same.

全知全能 = Omnipotent and Omnscience
The Almighty” is 全知全能 (the furigana in that scan is “ji oorumaiti” aka The Almighty)

Image RAW

There goes your only shred of evidence I guess.
That‘s enough to debunk, Drop it Kukui.

It even support further more the most correct interpretation, there is no doubt about that.

As per OP, the novel adopt an entire Different kanji which is not referred to All-seeing But “His great power”.

You are grasping to nothing, its obvious.

“Almighty power“ in this case, is intended as great power; the context in that case, is that his power was so great (omnipotent) to create the universe not that he was using The Almighty to create it, which is the ability, just the fact that he has a power so great to create the universe. the kanji for all-seeing is not used.

that is the context, and it is pretty obvious and actually fit the narration since Almighty as an hax never shown anything related to creation, there should not even be the doubt that they were referring to his power itself being great.

Last edited:
Bless be the raws, it’s a reference lost in the English translation because in English “The Almighty” in reference to the schrift is not written the same as “omnipotence and omniscience” but in kanji it is

Its "hard to grasp" because im not seeing what makes it anything more than a non-argument. Omniscience isn't mentioned because it has nothing to do with the splitting the world feat. The scene speaks about Reio's "almighty power", not his knowledge. Thus, omnipotence.
"Omniscience isn't mentioned because it has nothing to do with the splitting the world feat" Ok, but that doesn't prove it's referring to the Almighty.
Im literally not seeing how this argument holds just because one word isn't said.
Because it's always referred to as one thing. You have to prove otherwise, speculation isn't enough.
See above.
Never proved it. Just said it's likely what happened with confidence.
You mean someone who wasn't fighting a fully powered Yhwach?
A not-fully-powered Yhwach that became full power with the Almighty omegalul
See first response.
Doesn't prove anything
And again, see first response.
Doesn't prove anything
Knowledge has absolutely nothing to do with the splitting of the world feat, and thus, Omniscience wouldn't be randomly brought up.
Omniscience also has nothing to do with Uryu and them being able to kill him while it's down, because he's incapacitated. He can't do anything. Your point falls apart, yet again.
Okay but I wont be budging from my stance that this specific wording of something being missing somehow means its a counter argument. At the end of the day, its still called Omnipotent. In one such case, Omnsicence is mentioned, because Yhwach lost the ability to see the future when Jugram took his power. Thus, Uryu saying he was no longer Omniscient as well.
It's called Omnipotence AND Omniscience. Boom. Done.

Why would it matter if Yhwach was ASLEEP and couldn't fight back though? Why would he mention that?
The Soul King's feat has nothing to do with this ability to be all knowing, so why would Omniscience be mentioned? It wouldn't be. And that leaves Omnipotence left.
Why would Omniscience be important when it comes to killing a sleeping Yhwach? His Omniscience doesn't matter if he can't fight. Why did Uryu mention it?

anyway, summary of posts I already did that havent been addressed:

Prime reio was called stated to have used his almighty power as a lynchpin. The claim was that means after he was cut up, but the comsology split happened before he was chopped up. Furthermore he can still contextually be a lynchpin, stabilizing hueco mundo which he created pre split

repost of my response to kukui regarding yhwach's merge attempt and how it can be almighty based:

Isn't Soul King the only person that scales?
No, the Soul King just did it casually. We just see that Yhwach was gonna undo what he did and that Ichigo in the Novel is hyped to being able to do the same. Although in the context of the thread, yes. It's not whether he scales or not. Its wording being argued

"Omniscience isn't mentioned because it has nothing to do with the splitting the world feat" Ok, but that doesn't prove it's referring to the Almighty.
Which returns us to the manga scan of it and omnipotence being treated the same.
Because it's always referred to as one thing. You have to prove otherwise, speculation isn't enough.
And I did. Your only point against it was omniscience not being mentioned, and that was easily explainable for it has nothing to do with the splitting feat.
Never proved it. Just said it's likely what happened with confidence.
See above.
A fully powered Yhwach that became full power with the Almighty omegalul
The almighty didn't amp him. He restored his strength to then USE it.
Doesn't prove anything

Doesn't prove anything
It does.
Omniscience also has nothing to do with Uryu and them being able to kill him while it's down, because he's incapacitated. He can't do anything. Your point falls apart, yet again.
It doesnt. It has everything to do with them when they are trying to kill him, which became an oportunity because he had neither ability.
It's called Omnipotence AND Omniscience. Boom. Done.
And its still called Omnipotent. End of story right there.
Why would it matter if Yhwach was ASLEEP and couldn't fight back though? Why would he mention that?
Because Yhwach had neither power. Jugram had them both. With both of those powers, Yhwach was forseen as invicible and was no longer that because he momentarily lost them.
Why would Omniscience be important when it comes to killing a sleeping Yhwach? His Omniscience doesn't matter if he can't fight. Why did Uryu mention it?
See above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back