• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The Mad Titan: 2, The Blue Blur: 4, Inconclusive: 0.

Hopefully this isn't a stomp, I'm not really good at making these battle things. Speed is equalized, both characters are in 5-A (Incomplete Gauntlet Thanos, Super Sonic). I've created a short story for this battle, which you can read below.

Thanos breathed the air of Earth. The smell of sweat, blood and dirt was a familiar one to him, after years of conquering worlds. Every army that has battled him fought valiantly, but had failed. Now, he is just one Stone away from never having to fight again. He looked at his palm. A glowing, yellow gemstone that he had ripped from a colourful android sat there. He grinned at its lustre; the Infinity Stones were the most powerful weapons in the universe, yet they were oddly beautiful. But suddenly, a blue blur blinded his vision... and the Stone, as well as the robot's corpse and red-clad ally, had vanished. Thanos gasped rather audibly as he quickly peered in every direction, hoping to find where the Stone had been relocated. Suddenly, a strange creature appeared in front of him, the same blue blur trailing behind him for a mere moment.

"Huh. So you're Thanos... you look kinda dumb for a universal conqueror." The creature joked, much to Thanos' displeasure.

"Where is the Mind Stone?!" He bellowed, as his mind was swarmed by thoughts of rage. His life's work, his greatest ambition for a thousand years... it was negated by a 15-year old.

"A place where you can't find it. Sorry, but killing half of everyone isn't all that cool. I'm Sonic, by the way. Remember the name!"

Thanos grimaced to himself. Then, he recalled an event from before... he had threatened a strange collector of valuables, who had the Reality Stone. Just a few pushes were all it took to get him talking, despite his arrogance and confidence. Perhaps this hedgehog is no different. After all, Thanos of all people should know that life is all the same. Always faced with problems and too charismatic to accept the uglier yet better options.

He clenched his fist, causing all of his Stones to glow. Then, in a purposely calm, deep voice, he questioned the hedgehog.

"My patience has run thin, hedgehog. Give me the Mind Stone and your life will be spared."

He pointed his gauntlet at Sonic, who had been visibly unnerved.

"Haha... uh, yeah, no. Not happening."

As a sort of counterattack to Thanos' intimidation, Sonic suddenly summoned seven diamonds, each a different colour, and absorbed them in an electrical burst. He hovered in the air, his eyes now a brilliant red and quills a vibrant yellow. Gold flames emanated from his body. Thanos seemed intrigued by these peculiar diamonds... they were quite similar to his own Stones. Suddenly, he flew into Thanos and pushed him away. Thanos got up, grunting. He had just about enough with this bizarre animal. He clenched his fist once more as the Reality Stone glowed. A crimson mist surrounded Sonic, causing him to groan in irritating pain. As the mist faded away, Sonic scowled at Thanos. He looked visibly weaker.

"What did you do?!"

"I slowed you down. A fair fight is what I want. You seem to harness the power of diamonds that are very similar to my Stones. Perhaps they are offshoot duplicates? A keeper of the Stones deserves a balanced fight, and that includes me."

Electricity sparked off of Sonic as Thanos' Stones glowed brighter.

"Alright, big guy. You want a fair fight? Well, I'll certainly give you a fight! Come at me!"

Okay so what from I heard, Thanos is in the ninatons while Sonic is only in the yotta range in terms of AP. Sonic is quite haxed with equipment and the wisps but since he is a brawler at heart he's going to lead with his AP which is going to get him killed. Thanos probably AP stomps.

Thank you for the compliments to my writing, guys! It really means a lot to me that you guys enjoyed it. The Wright Way actually inspired the creation of this post, with their Thanos vs Evil Cole post that had a similar structure.

Also, the first vote has been voted. 1 for Thanos. I'm not really sure how it works around here, maybe this post needs 10 votes to get put on the page, I dunno. Hopefully the debate doesn't end soon, though.

Good story, Shade. I like how you equalized speed within the story.

You get seven votes for a character and have to wait 24 hours before putting it on the profiles. If there's a vote gap of 3 or less, the match can be settled as inconclusive if left at that.

HERO's voting for a stomp though, which means that they think Sonic has no fair way of winning the fight due to Thanos being able to hit Sonic only once for him to die.

No probs dude! That was an awesome story and yeah The Wright Way does have that kind of influence, I've wrote couple of stories in vs battles out of inspiration from him.

As for getting this thread to conclude, you need to have 7 votes for one of the options. That said I hate to break it to you but when I say it's a stomp for Thanos, that doesn't mean I voted for him. You see we can't put any stomp matches on a character's profile. So when I say stomp that means that this match wouldn't count sorry. But hey we all make mistakes at first. I remember I put a 2-A against a 2-B before, yikes...

Edit: Shake beat me to it :p

Ah, I see. Thank you, guys. I've been browsing this wiki for a good two years now and have dabbled a bit in VS Battles, but I haven't gotten too deep even after all the time spent here.

Hopefully the next debate I think of won't be a stomp.

So, does an admin come in and close the thread, or do I have to delete it?

You could close or delete it yourself since you made the thread or you could have an admin do it for you if you want.

Or you know you can bloodlust both of them. Or give Sonic RPG equipment where he'll be able to revive once.

Yeah but unlike Shadow, Sonic isn't trigger happy with his hax, I still do believe he will just start off ramming himself into Thanos only to get APed by the raisin. Though if Thanos only has high 6-B dura without his shields, I could see this going for Sonic's favor. How often does Thanos have his shield up?

Oh. So it's those type of matches.

Thanos seems to have more ways to win, but I guess it depends on what he starts with. Sonic can potentially win if he goes for Time Break or Wisps to bypass Thanos' shields.

What does Thanos start off with? Sonic just goes straight into melee and if he doesn't have the shield up a lot as you say than all he needs is one hit.

MYHERO said:
What does Thanos start off with? Sonic just goes straight into melee and if he doesn't have the shield up a lot as you say then all he needs is one hit.
As in, what tier does he start off with during the fight? 5-A, same with Sonic. If we're being specific, Thanos starts with the incomplete Infinity Gauntlet, which has all of the Stones except the Mind Stone. Seeing as he doesn't start with shields, Sonic would probably take this.

Maverick Zero X said:
If Thanos goes for punch Sonic can deflect it due to Thanos having only High 6-B Striking Strength.
Huh. Guess Sonic wins this one.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
No, what MYHERO means is what ability does Thanos start with?
Ohhhh, ok. That makes much more sense. Well, Thanos would probably either start with a punch (Large Country level) or a Power Stone beam (Large Planet level if I am not mistaken). Sonic would be able to shrug off the punch, but I'm unsure if he would survive the beam. For the purposes of this match, let's just say that Thanos starts off by shooting a beam.

Again, I apologize for being unskilled in VS debates.

ShadeTheNarwhal said:
ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Ohhhh, ok. That makes much more sense. Well, Thanos would probably either start with a punch (Large Country level) or a Power Stone beam (Large Planet level if I am not mistaken). Sonic would be able to shrug off the punch, but I'm unsure if he would survive the beam. For the purposes of this match, let's just say that Thanos starts off by shooting a beam.
Maybe in character Thanos would start off with a punch because he would underestimate sonic. Maybe?

Modernmyrmidon said:
ShadeTheNarwhal said:
ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Maybe in character Thanos would start off with a punch because he would underestimate sonic. Maybe?
That makes sense.

Thanos reality-stone haxes or energy beams more often then leading with melee, especially from 4km apart.

Haven't watched endgame mind, dunno if that changes anything

GyroNutz said:
Thanos reality-stone haxes or energy beams more often then leading with melee, especially from 4km apart.
Haven't watched endgame mind, dunno if that changes anything
But Thanos didn't use any of that on Hulk in Infinity war. The former just beat the latter with his bare hands.

But Thanos didn't use any of that on Hulk in Infinity war. The former just beat the latter with his bare hands.

He didn't have any hax yet, he literally only had one stone.

Back