• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Teon's 9-A Brackets, Round 6

Henry vs Jesus
Starman won the last round

Current Standings

9-A forms. Henry is limited to his base abilities.

Speed is equalized.

Battle takes place in an open colisseum. There are dead bodies strewn across the stands.

Starting distance is 15 meters.

Henry Stickmi, submitted by Psychomaster, has an AP value of 426MJ

Jesus (Madness Combat), submitted by Phoenix821, has an AP value of more than 126MJ

Who wins!?

Alright, so hear me out. As the defense of Henry Stickmin, I will give you evidence why Henry wins.

1.AP and Durability. The strong 300 mj advantage pretty much means Jesus will have trouble harming him.

2.Abilities. See, he has PSI Flash B from Earthbound (shown in Inflitrating the Airship), and you know its supposed to make them cry uncontrollably to the point they cant fight, feel strange, be numb, and the best part: die instantly. He also has some of Jesus' attacks, but better such as the Bubble Shield, which would protect him from all angles, unlike Jesus who is only able to block from one side when I saw MC1. He also has the same telekinesis (Zero Point Energy), which lifts a metal safe, so it should not struggle to lift Jesus, to the point of a telekinetic battle.

Now, before you say Henry loses because of his luck, I have that covered. Keyword is "possibly" in supernatural luck, meaning it is likely non-canon. So yes, Henry wins for better abilities, strength, durability, and range. Voting Henry.

Henry:Winner

Stronger

More Durable

Better Abilities

Possibly better range

=:Speed (Speed is equal)

Jesus:Loser

More Experienced

Smarter

See? I have told you that Henry cant be underestimated. And with the >3.5 Attack and Durability advantage, that would be trouble for Jesus as he would tank the attacks and hit Jesus hard.

Slight correction though, the flashbomb that Henry uses has only shown to make people cry, none of that other stuff has been deomnstrated. Just because it's a parody of the item doesn't mean it can do all the things the item can do in the original series.

Let me point this out. Jesus' ap is >>>>>>>>>>> 126MJ. That attack was an insanely casual attack that wasn't even an attack at all. He just kinda got angry and destroyed the roof for fancies before attacking. So the AP gap is much less than you think.

Second, Henry is not very intelligent and is unlikely to lead with the best thing in the best situation.

Third, Henry's poor Lifting Strength means Jesus ragdolls him extremely easily, and rips every weapon out of his hand. So not only are all Henry's weapons literally useless, but Jesus can actually use them against him if he so chooses to (He would refrain from using non-gun weapons, so it's unlikely Jesus accidentally kills himself)

Not to mention Henry's stupidity and luck has gotten himself killed on multiple occasions, so it's completely possible that Henry gets himself killed before the much more highly skilled Jesus has to do anything.

As well, Jesus' guns could certainly obliterate Henry. Jesus' and Hank's (Hank is Jesus' rival and equal) AP and Dura are much higher than 126 MJ, but their guns can nearly one-shot each other. If Jesus grabs Henry with telekinesis (Which he would, especially against a fodder-looking enemy such as Henry), Jesus can simply unload a few rounds in his head and win on the spot.

So:

AP and Dura: Close due to Jesus massively upscaling, but guns likely give Jesus the advantage.

Abilities: Jesus. Jesus can hardcounter all of Henry's weapons and kill him quickly. Since Jesus has higher lifting strength, Henry's telekinesis is useless, while Jesus' telekinesis ***** him.

Range: Irrelevant due to starting range.

Experience: Massively in favor of Jesus. Henry kills himself absurdly often.

Henry only wins if he leads with specific, non-weapon abilities. Considering Henry doesn't have a personality to lead with any specific thing, and is kinda an idiot, he's just as likely to start with anything. Meanwhile, Jesus wins if Henry does.. basically anything else. Jesus will telekinesis, fire a bunch of rounds into Henry, and win. Even PSI attacks may have trouble putting Jesus down instantly, due to him being undead and being able to resist a powerful disease that made him puke blood for a significantly long time, all while fighting many opponents.

Vote Jesus, low-diff. Considering AP was a prime reason for Henry votes, all of Henry votes are nulled.

Tl:dr Jesus has AP much, much above what was calced, his guns are enough to one-shot foes comparable or even stronger than him, and Telekinesis renders most of Henry's arsenal useless.

Oh, the flash bang only makes Jesus cry? Okay, then Jesus doesn't even need to worry about that at all (Even if it somehow manages to hit, which is extremely unlikely).

Psychomaster35 said:
2.Abilities. See, he has PSI Flash B from Earthbound (shown in Inflitrating the Airship), and you know its supposed to make them cry uncontrollably to the point they cant fight, feel strange, be numb, and the best part: die instantly. He also has some of Jesus' attacks, but better such as the Bubble Shield, which would protect him from all angles, unlike Jesus who is only able to block from one side when I saw MC1. He also has the same telekinesis (Zero Point Energy), which lifts a metal safe, so it should not struggle to lift Jesus, to the point of a telekinetic battle.
Let me cover these.

PSI Flash doesn't kill and would be less effective against the pissed off Jesus who was able to bear a disease that made him vomit blood.

Zero Point Energy <<< Jesus' Telekinesis due to massive lifting strength gap.

Bubble Shield wouldn't really help against Telekinesis, but is a valid defensive option- not a perfect one, just a valid one.

Not to mention that Henry does have other equipment he's tried to use in combat. They just, y'know, kill him. So yea, weapons are a no-go altogether, and the rest of his powers are unreliable.

The Wright Way said:
Slight correction though, the flashbomb that Henry uses has only shown to make people cry, none of that other stuff has been deomnstrated. Just because it's a parody of the item doesn't mean it can do all the things the item can do in the original series.
Flash bomb? Are you referring to PSI Flash? That's a status effect, direct reference to Earthbound. Though yes, it only demonstrates the uncontrollable crying part.

Eh, I'm sorta favoring towards Jesus since Henry just pulls whatever arsenal he has in his pocket and hope for the best. I need to think more since I'm in school currently, so not voting.

Flash bomb? Are you referring to PSI Flash? That's a status effect, direct reference to Earthbound. Though yes, it only demonstrates the uncontrollable crying part.

Eh, I'm sorta favoring towards Jesus since Henry just pulls whatever arsenal he has in his pocket and hope for the best. I need to think more since I'm in school currently, so not voting.

Exactly. Henry just pulls random weapons, which have a massive chance of Jesus just taking from him, or if Jesus thinks they are useful, Jesus could use them against him.

PSI Flash causes... crying, which isn't really that useful against Jesus, seeing that Jesus didn't care about poison that made him vomit entire pools of blood.

Not to mention, a lot of Henry's attacks and abilities require some hand movements (Buttons, waves, triggers, etc) which Jesus denies via Telekinesis. With Telekinesis, Henry won't be able to move at all.

Edit: Votes are 1-0-0 in favor of Jesus due to AP being debunked.

Hmph. Ive been waiting for that to come. But what if Henry had access to equipment and ate the Alice in Wonderland Cookie or the Mushroom, topped with shrinking Jesus with the Shrink Ray? That gives him an amp on AP. Plus, he has Chainsaw from Final Fantasy VI which would have a 25% chance of Instant Death. Even if it doesnt kill, it does massive damage to the opponent.

I'm not sure about giving Henry equipment, his AP advantage is still decent, I'd say even 2-1.5x with the Jesus' scaling if we're lowballing safely. His regular abilities seem plenty useful.

Henry: 1

Jesus: 2

Psychomaster35 said:
Hmph. Ive been waiting for that to come. But what if Henry had access to equipment and ate the Alice in Wonderland Cookie or the Mushroom, topped with shrinking Jesus with the Shrink Ray? That gives him an amp on AP. Plus, he has Chainsaw from Final Fantasy VI which would have a 25% chance of Instant Death. Even if it doesnt kill, it does massive damage to the opponent.
Shrink Ray gets stolen by Telekinesis. Cookie gets stolen by Telekinesis. Chainsaw gets stolen by Telekinesis. Mushroom gets stolen by Telekinesis.

Litentric Teon said:
I'm not sure about giving Henry equipment, his AP advantage is still decent, I'd say even 2-1.5x with the Jesus' scaling if we're lowballing safely. His regular abilities seem plenty useful.

Henry: 1

Jesus: 2
Considering that Jesus scales pretty high above the feat, 1.5x seems like a lowball, but one that's decently safe. However, Jesus' weapons and guns allow him to do massive damage to far more durable foes as well. Jesus' sword and guns could both kill Henry in 1 or 2 hits, considering how they can nearly one-shot Hank upon a direct hit.

Henry should have his equipment, though (The non-haxxy equipment, and the ones that are 9-A, obviously)

Assuming Psycho is still on the Henry Train, 3-1 Jesus.

Is it in character for Jesus to do that?

(Btw, i have to go to school now. Feel free to go discuss your evidence while Im gone until 2:30 HST)

The Wright Way said:
I'm just imagining Henry pulling out item after item only for them to constantly yanked from his hands.
Honestly that's basically what happens. Jesus really spams telekinesis a lot to grab people, rip them apart, take their weapons and shoot with dozens of guns at once, etc. If Henry takes out a shrink ray, well, Henry's going to be one small ass dude.

Psychomaster35 said:
Is it in character for Jesus to do that?

(Btw, i have to go to school now. Feel free to go discuss your evidence while Im gone until 2:30 HST)
Yes. Especially against fodder with weapons, he basically spams gunfire + telekinesis with a dash of shielding to protect himself. He's a very versatile fighter, so once he figures out any of Henry's equipment, he'll make even better use of it than Henry could of himself (Jesus is shown to use basically anything around him as a weapon to absolutely brutal degrees).

One could argue that Jesus doesn't always rip away weapons, but at the same time, he's usually fighting dozens of fodder at once, all with many weapons. He always dispatches them in the most effective way possible. Henry, being almost completely reliant on weaponry, is an ideal target for taking their weapons.

If Jesus sees that he can just hold Henry in the air and beat him up, he will. And Henry can't really do a whole lot in that position. Even if he somehow manages to get a shot in on Jesus with, say the shrink ray, Jesus will without a doubt reflect it or dodge.

By the way @Litentric in future battles perhaps you could note dead bodies around the arena as a basis for Jesus' necromancy, similar to how Dargoo put Berserker in a civilian-populated area for his fear mechanics to work.

@Pixel

Will do. I didn't notice Jesus' necromany abilities, hence why I didn't include them in the OP. I'll include them momentarily.

Litentric Teon said:
@Pixel

Will do. I didn't notice Jesus' necromany abilities, hence why I didn't include them in the OP. I'll include them momentarily.
Yea, vote certainly goes to Jesus. The zombies are far more durable than their previous counterparts and are decently skilled combatants under Jesus (Can use guns and fight hand-to-hand well).

He stood his ground for a moment, but it appears Henry can't stick to this fight.

ThePixelKirby said:
He stood his ground for a moment, but it appears Henry can't stick to this fight.
You made the pun and it's not even over yet. Now watch the votes swing back in Henry's favor. Then you'll look real dumb. ovo

Nono, then I'll just make a pun for Jeebus.

It's whatever I guess it's jusy like

my character is gonna get super wrecked next round because of being baseline I guess and there ain't much I can even do to argue and that's just disheartening.

Back