• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Teon's 9-A Brackets, Round 7

Daud vs Otus
Jesus won the last fight

Current Standings

9-A Forms.

I'm tempted to leave it unequalized, but I'll equalize it for now.

Starting distance is 15 meters.

Battle takes place in an abandoned suburban neighborhood.

Daud, submitted by WeeklyBattles, has an AP value of 376 MJ (Wow, I must've forgotten a zero as I thought he was only 2x baseline, we'll see how this one goes)

Otus submitted by Starter Pack has an AP value of 544 MJ

Who wins!?

I really shouldn't have to go into much detail about how Daud really, really wins here.

Read the profiles, Daud gets my vote via time manip and versatility.

I completely agree, Pixel. Otus is absolutely outmatched here. He does have superior AP, and he could entangle Daud in Twig's web and immobilize him. But his Time Stop lolnopes that out of the question, making this a decisive and honestly unfair victory for Daud.

My vote is to Daud.

Yeah, I thought Daud was only 2x baseline, and Weekly didn't correct me when I was wrong in saying that. (I read 0.01 tons rather than 0.1 tons, which was my mistake).

I'm strongly considering removing him. And likely will since the rules on hax explicitly use time stop as an example, so there's no excuse here.

It's said that Daud can't attack during time stop. If he can then he might need to be removed.

I'd second that under those circumstances. It'd basically be like adding DIO to the brackets and saying that's fair.

To...further elaborate on what Weekly said, and taking words from Dargoo:

"Daud stops time while he is teleporting from one location to another. He can't move around/attack/hurt people while doing that otherwise it deactivates. I think you may be thinking of Corvo Attano."

In that case, Daud should be able to stay in. Unless he can, like, plant a bomb underneath you.

Alright, that may be a problem, since if you can stop time and just drop a bunch of bombs on the opponents face to explode the moment time resumes...

Yeesh. It's up to Lit but that's fair enough grounds for disqualification.

Jackythejack said:
What do you mean by that?

also I still fail to see how this is entirely fair for Otus
I believe everyone has universally come to this conclusion.

WeeklyBattles said:
He cant stop time and plant bombs, he can do one or the other, not both
Ah, good. Just a misunderstanding, then. Daud should be able to stay in, then.

Edit: Jesus vs Daud... If it comes down to that, eesh.

If it comes down to that, then I will make a sweet picture for it ovo

...turns out Daud needs to beat someone who practically has a x3 AP advantage or something.

I don't really approve of their addition, since 'possibly 7-C' looks pretty damn weird and they upscale from someone who's extremely high into 9-A.

If Daud can't attack during time stop then that should be fine. In particular since he has to plant bombs and people can see him do such.

Though, since he'll be fighting three attackers here, at least one of whom can fly, I think Daud may be a bit hard pressed to actually blow up his attackers. Them having the AP advantage also helps a good deal.

I think new arguments should be made. Daud only stops time during a teleport, which is weird since teleportation is instant and no time passes during a teleport anyway. They can still react to him once he emerges again. And I'm not sure if Daud has ever shown himself teleporting into the air to hit aerial opponents.

His opponent really can't hit him and Daud likely just incaps with sleeping darts or whatever.

Although if his profile doesn't have it, Sleep Manip. And whatnot should really be added to Daud's profile.

Yeah his profile needs a little cleanup

Worse comes to worse he throws a couple canisters of Baffle Dust, hides, and then snipes from the shadows with sleep darts

Starter and Jack both voted Daud and their reasons are still pretty valid because... yea this thread honestly isn't overly fair for the bird man.

It's either decisive or a borderline stomp. I really see no issue with just moving on due to how decisive this is. Just put a notice that teeechnically we need two more votes.

In that case, I'll give it a bit more time, wait to see if a few more folk show up. I'd rather get this match officially finished before moving on.

Back