• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagreed with it. It is type 2, and I am pretty sure we have this discussion in discord.

I think Abstract Existence Type 2 really doesn't make sense.

-The Source of the World
-The Holly Will of Nature

These statements greatly support the "True Dragons being the abstraction themselves."

AE type 1 would need more evidence to me, the statements aren't very elaborate within the series and so it seemed more flowery language, mainly because true dragons were never said to have resurrection tied to anything in the universe, it just wasn't elaborated, the same involving regeneration, they haven't shown themselves to be abstract either, and before anyone else says it, they need a body to interact with the world because they're a spiritual life form and not because it's the source of the world or anything like that

AE type 1 would need more evidence to me, the statements aren't very elaborate within the series and so it seemed more flowery language, mainly because true dragons were never said to have resurrection tied to anything in the universe, it just wasn't elaborated, the same involving regeneration, they haven't shown themselves to be abstract either, and before anyone else says it, they need a body to interact with the world because they're a spiritual life form and not because it's the source of the world or anything like that
Oh yeah there's nothing in Tensura that shows they are remotely abstract in nature. People don't realize how difficult it'd be prove something is abstract, because they tend to take statements of "embodiment" as an immediate qualifier.

But if it can interacted with and perceived it's not abstract at all.

If there is strong evidence that a character is Abstract Existence (I'm don't saying there is strong evidence here.) it
really doesn't matter if other characters interact with it easily.
This is just a NPI feat for other characters.

One of the reasons OP is good for me is also Type 2 Concepts "Source of ......." is often used. All objects governed by the concept depend on the concept, that is, on the source that governs them.

Seeing how lawa of the world include causality type 4 is accepted

Type 5 it would need to specifically imply they are uninteractable or invulnerable to it due to being unbound by causality rather than something else. Since someone who doesn't have feat of affecting type 5 but is not bound by the laws of the world as well being able to tag them would be a contradiction. Such type 4 is more reasonable.

Everything else looks fine.

Can someone further elaborate on the Holy will of nature and some correlating stuff regarding it. There seems to be contentions

Can someone further elaborate on the Holy will of nature and some correlating stuff regarding it. There seems to be contentions
There is none, and I am talking about this fairly, because we had this discussion in the discord for ages ago.

Type 5 it would need to specifically imply they are uninteractable or invulnerable to it due to being unbound by causality rather than something else.
True Dragons is seems to invulnerable but they aren't definitely uninteractible. So can only qualify for Acausality Type 4.
Since someone who doesn't have feat of affecting type 5 but is not bound by the laws of the world as well being able to tag them would be a contradiction.
What you're saying here doesn't really make sense.
I think you misunderstood the context.
Let me explain from the beginning.

True Dragons have Limited Abstract Existence Type 1 as they are already a Spiritual Life Form. (They have a Spirit composed of İnformation Type 2 and are similar to Elemental Spirits, who are the embodiment of World Laws for their true nature (Essence/Core).(The reason Spiritual Life Forms have "Limited Abstract Existence 1" is because they can only exist with their Soul and Essence/Core even though they still have a physical body.)

In this thread, it is requested to give Abstract Existence Type 1 (Concept Type 2) for True Dragons.
"Holly Will of Nature" "Source of World " for True Dragons
expressions such as
So we're arguing about them being Type 2 Concepts.
They were never portrayed as non-interactable entities, but the expressions used for them contain some evidence that they are some kind of concept of nature. If this is accepted, they will be considered purely abstract entities and characters that interact with them will have a better NPI based on Type 2 Concept.

I think Type 2 Concep is acceptable, but even if it is not accepted, they can still have an Abstract Existence Type 1 as "Holy Will of Nature".

Last edited:
True dragon are Holy Will Of Nature. Guy Crimson describe them as Natural Phenomena. True Dragons exist only by their Will and will continue to exist as long as their Will exists.

In other word, they are a Concept Of Nature

What you're saying here doesn't really make sense.
I think you misunderstood the context.
Was merely saying in invul or uninteractable nature is not solely from causality but something else it doesnt really meet the type 5 criteria for being uninteractable since the invul nature could be from other things and not just causality.
True Dragons have Limited Abstract Existence Type 1 as they are already a Spiritual Life Form. (They have a Spirit composed of İnformation Type 2 and are similar to Elemental Spirits, who are the embodiment of World Laws for their true nature (Essence/Core).

In this thread, it is requested to give Abstract Existence Type 1 (Concept Type 2) for True Dragons.
"Holly Will of Nature" "Source of World " for True Dragons
expressions such as
So we're arguing about them being Type 2 Concepts.
They were never portrayed as non-interactable entities, but the expressions used for them contain some evidence that they are some kind of concept of nature. If this is accepted, they will be considered purely abstract entities and characters that interact with them will have a better NPI based on Type 2 Concept.

I think Type 2 Concep is acceptable, but even if it is not accepted, they can still have an Abstract Existence Type 1 as "Holy Will of Nature".
Well the very gist of AE type 1 is that any physical form they could have are only going to be Avatar. It being limited type 1 means they are basically powerless or has no impact to reality anymore aside from being a nature or law that exist or cannot create an avatar on their own as mere abstract.

If they are to have AE 1 for being a holy will of nature. Then they have to meet those standards if by chance they are limited on specific powers as abstract it should be notated how limited they can be in that state

Not everyone is on the your discord server and not everyone is in on the discussion you mentioned.
"on my discord", fairly it is not my discord, it is y'all discord. And you were there in that discussion and still in that server and we had discussion with RE about this.

Well the very gist of AE type 1 is that any physical form they could have are only going to be Avatar. It being limited type 1 means they are basically powerless or has no impact to reality anymore aside from being a nature or law that exist or cannot create an avatar on their own as mere abstract.
There is definitely no such thing here.
The only reason it is limited is because they have a physical body, and they can only exist as Soul if they want.
If they are to have AE 1 for being a holy will of nature. Then they have to meet those standards if by chance they are limited on specific powers as abstract it should be notated how limited they can be in that state
I think it's clear what the OP wants.

There is definitely no such thing here.
The only reason it is limited is because they have a physical body, and they can only exist as Soul if they want.
Which in matter of fact is AE type 2, not limited AE type 1.

"on my discord", fairly it is not my discord, it is y'all discord. And you were there in that discussion and still in that server and we had discussion with RE about this.
I'm on that server, but I'm not participating in that discussion.

It's like I'm in this VS Battles, but I don't follow all the threads.

Don't assume everyone is in on the discussion.

How so? AE type 1 has a requirement of lacking completely psychical body and being absolute pure abstraction, which in our case, they still have psychical body.
I don't see how is this AE type 1.

AE type 1 has a requirement of lacking completely psychical body and being absolute pure abstraction, which in our case, they still have psychical body.
"Spiritual Life Forms"
They can only exist with their Soul and Core/Essence and they have no problem interacting with reality.

Existing with only their soul is still not sufficient. They need to be pure abstraction.

True Dragons have absolutely no attachment to their bodies.

Their bodies are the result of the beliefs of the people around them.
Hmm… To tell the truth, I do not need any core at all… You can keep a secret, I trust? As I said, I am both unique and the most perfect of my kind. A fully unique creation, one that takes purely spiritual form. I have no particular attachment to this body. It is merely the faith of those who live around me that forms the shape you see. (Volume 1)

Existing with only their soul is still not sufficient. They need to be pure abstraction.
they are just a will

Holy will of nature. They exist only as a Will.
True dragon are Holy Will Of Nature. Guy Crimson describe them as Natural Phenomena. True Dragons exist only by their Will and will continue to exist as long as their Will exists.

In other word, they are a Concept Of Nature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back