• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it wouldn't really give resistances, since it's through power null. It would null a lot of stuff though.

Why is Disintegration not included? Melt Slash IS Disintegration used as a sword art. Why would you even assume that there is anything else to it?

Also Magic Aura and physical AP would still work against Hinata.

WHYNAUT said:
Why would Disintegration be able to hit Type 1 AE though? The manifestation of Gluttony looked pretty physical to me. Unless there's another reason, in which case my bad.
-snip- I agree with Neo's point above, in regards to this statement.

On an unrelated point, the unique skill was still damaged from the attack and had to be repaired. And since Dead End Rainbow did not kill it from its death manipulation, what would you call the skill, the existence that it inhabited, and the attack in that case? There should to be a way to classify that if we are saying that Unique skills aren't concepts and if we are saying that Unique skills are concepts then it should be a simple classification.

He had talked about doing that a few seconds—or days?—ago, but it wasn't gonna happen. Being consumed by Belzebuth was an even more tragic fate than being caught in the inescapable Unlimited Imprisonment Veldora was locked in.

"Wh-what? What are you talking about?"

Was he keeping up that macho act because he was counting on a new life later on, then? The moment he heard me, Clayman began to quiver.

"Look, um, what you told me earlier? About how walking dead can come alive again after they die? And that's why you wanted me to focus on killing you, so you could pluck out your astral body and try to run away. Right?"

He was an underhanded sneak, but I had to applaud him for his single-minded devotion to his cause. But my observation made his face pale.

"Wh-what did you…?"

He tried to cover it, but I could tell I was right. Not even I needed Raphael to figure it out—but Raphael had even more amazing stuff for me.

"Ummm, so you can connect your astral body to the ley lines here to keep your consciousness and memories protected, yeah? So even if you lose your physical body, you'll never truly die. That's why you were pretending to die there?"

Ahhh. Now I see. And just parroting out what Raphael told me made Clayman convulse before me. I was absolutely correct.

"W-wait, wait…"

I knew his game. And now it was time to end it. I turned toward the demon lords surrounding us, ignoring the gibbering Clayman.

"Well! I guess I won't extract anything else from Clayman, so I'm going to execute him shortly. Anyone have any objections? 'Cause if you do, I'll be happy to take you on, too."

It would suck if someone did, but I doubted it.

"Do as you please," Guy answered, speaking for the Council like I thought he would. No one else voiced any complaint.

"Stop! Wait, stop it!!"

Now Clayman was loudly pleading for his life, finally realizing there was no escape.

"After all the grief you gave me, I'm absolutely sick of you. Don't expect your death to be all sunshine and rainbows, all right?"

With that, I placed my hand on his head. I thought I'd make it quick 'n' easy on him if he coughed up some info on his master, but Clayman never sang. I really wanted him to, considering what I'd have to deal with in the future, but hey, I'd probably manage without it. There might be some more leads in his castle to explore, and given the testimony I had that the Modest Jesters weren't a monster ring, it was obvious that Clayman had worked with humans. I didn't know if that meant the Eastern Empire or the Western Nations, but either way, if he knew about my own movements, he had to have connections in the west. Track those down, and I should find a trail to follow before long. In a way, relying on the not-too-credible Clayman's testimony might just lead to more confusion.

So. Clayman.

"…I hope you'll spend the last few moments before your soul vanishes regretting what you've done."

"No! Wait, wait! Stop!! Stoooopppp!! Help, help me, Footman! Teare, help me! I can't die yet. I can't die heeeerrrreee!!"

It was pathetic, watching him try to flee. But I wasn't about to allow it. No matter how much he carried on, none of it would ever touch my heart. Leaving someone like this alive would just be planting the seed of disaster.

Plus, thanks to you, the na├»veté in me just died. There was no way I could let that get one of my companions killed again.

"P-please, Lord Kazalim, help me—"

He reached out to his broken mask, clutching at it as if in prayer—

Crunch.

In an instant, the wailing, howling, resisting Clayman disappeared from sight. Body, soul, and all were greedily consumed by Belzebuth. And now it was converted into pure magicules inside me, where he would get to experience the torments of hell.

And whether a dirtied soul like his—a tainted, evil soul—or a sensible, good soul, death treated them all equally.

But it DOES prevent something like Charybdis from resurrecting. At least if the target didn't still have a fragment of itself left somewhere else, which actually did happen in Charybdis' case.

I actually thought about bringing up the slight AP upgrade thanks to a statement about Beretta here, but it's probably better to keep that for it's own thread.

To be honest, it seems like both.

Ummm, so you can connect your astral body to the ley lines here to keep your consciousness and memories protected, yeah? So even if you lose your physical body, you'll never truly die. That's why you were pretending to die there?
Ahhh. Now I see. And just parroting out what Raphael told me made Clayman convulse before me. I was absolutely correct.

"W-wait, wait…"

I knew his game. And now it was time to end it. I turned toward the demon lords surrounding us, ignoring the gibbering Clayman.
That's his ressurection.

However,

In an instant, the wailing, howling, resisting Clayman disappeared from sight. Body, soul, and all were greedily consumed by Belzebuth. And now it was converted into pure magicules inside me, where he would get to experience the torments of hell.
And whether a dirtied soul like his—a tainted, evil soul—or a sensible, good soul, death treated them all equally.
That's Regen Neg, and Ressurection Neg, since he couldn't use his soul to reincarnate. Also transmutation, as it was turned into magicules. Not sure if Rimuru has that already, but if he doesn't, that can be added.

I think it's just Mid-Godly neg. What if something like Shenron just wished Clayman back to life? Wouldn't there be a chance for him to resurrect out of nowhere? it's still quite vague.

I think it just a weakness of Clayman's ressurection not a negation per say. Clayman needed his soul to resurrect and Rimuru abosrb his soul which prevent his resurrection.

I believe that's enough evidence.

Something I wanna ask. If Rimuru's magical flow is on a conceptual level, does that mean his magic works on that level too?

Wait a minute. This is the same scene where Rimuru fights the lesser demon in Ingracia:

The adventurers wailed and warned that it was uniquely suited to taking advantage of Rimuru's type, but this is not a foe to worry about. Behold Rimuru's mighty swordcraft! He cut the spiritual being in twain, when no physical attacks should have any effect.

"Is that... a sword of magic?"

"Indeed. A very clever trick. He used his own battle aura to manipulate the magicules around him, adding a magical effect to his blade."

"Affirmative: This is correct. It is a skill called Magic Aura that combines magic and arts."

Rimuru can do just about anything.

He is beyond simply executing magic without an incantation, but can create his own magical flows on a conceptual level.

It's actually conceptual manipulation

It's still concept manipulation tho. He just created a concept

• Concept Creation: The ability to create concepts. By using this ability, destroyed concepts can be restored or new ones created, giving the user the ability to create fundamental principles that govern reality and the world around them. With this power, one can create a concept that is unfathomable to the current mind, changing the world to match this new conceptual universal.

So I took this fresh quantity of pure magical force and applied it directly to my sword, as if wrapping it in paper. In my mind, I pictured strengthening, slicing, destroying. It began to emit a faint light, telling my instincts that it was set to go.

Harming abstracts count as non-physical interaction, spiritual attacks are agreed to be death manipulation so listing a resistance to spiritual attacks in the p&a section is redundant.

Rimuru added a concept to his sword, hence concept creation, he is creating concepts and adding them to things. He pictured the concepts in his minds and then created them.

It's just type 3 concept manipulation, nowhere close to being type 2, that requires a lot more evidence like him having control over concepts which are above the multiverse and define everything that exists in every universe.

But didn't we agree that spiritual attacks (the kind that can damage the spiritual body directly even when the physical damage part is regenerated or resisted) are also durability negation? So I do think those who resist "Spiritual Attacks" they should also get Resistance to Durability Negation in that case.

@Neo Imo resistance to durability negation doesn't make sense since durability can be negated in a million different ways, would be the same as saying the characters can resist all those million different ways.

@Setsuna True, concept addition makes the most sense as i said i first talked about it.

OK then.

What about Magic Aura effects though? While we now consider it concept creation/addition/alteration, the usage we have seen from Rimuru of it so far indicates Reality Warping when Rimuru used 3 concepts against the Lesser Daemon causing it to burst open just by the blade touching it, or not? If not what else would be appropiate for that?

Also what about Geld II resisting the effects of Starved?

Isn't it just concept addition since it lets him add effects to his aura which has been stated to be on a conceptual level?

Shoul we scale Geld II feat to the Strong characters like Ruminas/Hinata?

As for the Magic Aura, the usage seems to be Resistance Negation but Reality Warping is kinda accurate too.

They shouldn't scale from Geld's feat. Nothing implies it's from a skill or because of his strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back