• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elizhaa

VS Battles
Administrator
First, for LN and WN, regarding abilities obtain from Magic Perception/Magic Senses and other Enhanced Senses Skill because minus the names, their descriptions are the same in principle.

Magic Perception (WN)/ and Magic Senses (LN)
In WN, there was a statement that even if Blind or Deaf, the users could perceive their surrounding with Magic Perception. (I am pretty sure Rimuru was both as a slime). I think this statement also happen in the LN which I provided later.

Chapter 3 WN

(Very well. There exists a [Magic Perception] skill. Can you use it?)

(No, I cannot. What type of skill is it?)

(You perceive the surrounding magical energy. It's not a major skill, and acquiring the skill is rather simple.)

(Ho ho. Simple you say!))

ÔÇ╗Truly, it is actually not simple at all.

(Ay. For those like I, it is as simple as breathing―you don't even know you are doing it.)

(I see! If I were to acquire it, would I be able to see?)

(That is the idea. The world is covered in magical energy. There is a difference in concentration. And, light and dark possess a wave like property, did you know?)

(Yeah, light wave and dark waves, right?)

(You know well, is that knowledge from the other world? Well, it is so.
But observing these fluctuations, you can calculate the appearance of the surrounding. Simply, right?)

Haa? What the hell?
This guy… how is that simply?!

(Iya~, sounds a little difficult…)

(What? With this, even if your eyes and ears are crushed, you can continue combat. Ambushes become impossible. It's an indispensable skill!)

(Iyaiyaiyaiya! Let's leave the matter of combat aside from now, I just want to be able to see!)

Muu~, if you say so. I'll help with acquisition! And by the way, I don't know another way!)

(Wha… can you even do it?! Aren't you a beginner at this yourself?)

(Don't worry. You are among the lucky few who possesses past world memories. Thus, you know what light and darkness looks like.
If you had not known, making you see would have been impossible even for me. You are indeed blessed!)

I see, explaining light and darkness would be difficult for those who have never seen them
I know I couldn't do it.
It took Hellen Keller 2 years to learn the meaning of words.
In other words, due to other world's knowledge, I can obtain pseudo-sight and hearing through the [Magic Perception] skill…
Not like I can refuse to try anyways.
Being unable to see is far too inconvenient.
Moreover, I've forgotten about it, but I also have the [Great Sage] skill.
Surely something will come from this!

(Please teach me!)
Rimuru can detect stealth attack, Rimuru could also perceive people with Camouflage SKills.

Chapter 7 WN

Inherent skill [Heat Detection]… the ability to see nearby heat sources. Furthermore, camouflage skills are nullified.

(For example, the centipede erased its presence and attacked from behind.
Luckily, that kind of attack wouldn't work on someone with [Magic Perception] and [Heat Detection].

Rimuru could also perceive people with Camouflage Skills still chapter 7 even before gaining Heat Detection. So, its supporting evidences for the skills.

Chapter 7 WN

ÒÇîGuys, I got the extent of your friendship, so could you please be quiet? You'll blow my "Camouflage Skill".ÒÇì

Somehow, a boisterous trio had entered.
I wonder why…
Actually… why do I understand their words?

«Solution. In cases where intentions are vocalized, [Magic Perception] converts them to appropriate words and transmits them to the brain.»

I see.
I can't talk to them, but at least I can understand them.
Thank goodness. I had always been bad with English.
I think that if you live in Japan there should be no need to study foreign languages.
Those who plan to go abroad can struggle by themselves.
But that excuse won't work here. I'll probably have to learn eventually.

Well, that matter can rest for now.
What should I do?
This dilemma is worse than the previous one―how to open the door.
I don't know what they came to do… but they seem like adventurers.
Did they come searching for treasures and stuff?
They are the first humans I meet in this world. sort of want to go and greet them.
But… if a mute monster slime (a.k.a I) were to go out there…
I'd be killed without questions.

Let's wait for now.
Meeting humans will have to wait until I can talk.

For now, I observed this situation in hiding.
After the skinny man had done something, the appearance of the three has dimmer. But, I can still see them.
Did he call this… camouflage?
Probably a type of skill.

Is he just trying to peek? What an outrageous guy… Does he even know why they came here?
Probably should get to know him later.
I am pretty sure the skills can detect Invisible Users, too. Note, Invisibility exist in the verse and Rimuru could used a Spell in his Skeleton Pseudo-soul. Hinata can also used Invisibility Spell and (I guess Illusion too).

Chapter 121 WN

Deliver the goods, wait for an opportunity, and proceed with Fritz to the source of that light. Hinata and Fritz would move as planned.
They would aim for that moment when the merchants deliver the food and begin returning home.
She would create an illusion of herself leaving the premises and instead head for the children. Thus, the red girl would chat her way out instead of Hinata.
The magic would only work up until she would leave the premises, but that much time should be enough.
Today she merely planned to talk to the children and confirm that they were not in any immediate danger.
Ten minutes should be plenty to see how they are doing, and that would be the first step.
Of course, should things turn sour she was fully ready to blast her way out.
In that case, she would never again talk with those grannies…
And that thought did bother her, but it did not sway her resolve.

Fritz was busy with work so she decided to head off alone.
Straight for that light.
She used an invisibility spell and suppressed her presence to its utmost limits to remain undetected.
Up to the third floor, without making a single sound.

Chapter 127 WN

Before we could be sensed by the enemy group, I activated invisibility magic.
Once our side began attacking, the invisibility magic was canceled, but the enemy's numbers were already decreased by one or two people. In addition, they had lost their attacker and the healer from the rear support.
Here the LN description of Magic Sense:

Volume LN 1 Chapter 1

Very well. There is a skill known as Magic Sense. Can you use it?

Oh, here we go again. More walls for me to deal with. So unfair.

No, I can't. What kind of skill is that?

It allows you to perceive the particles of magic floating around you. It is not a very powerful skill, and all it offers is a visual reference, so it is not difficult to acquire.

Oh… Sounds easy enough.

Indeed. I can wield it as easily as I can breathe. I hardly even bother to think about it.

Really? So once I learn that, I'll be able to see again?

Precisely. This world is covered in sheer magic, although it is not spread evenly across its entire surface. Did you know, also, that light and sound both have the properties of a wave?

Yeah, I've heard about that. Light waves and sound waves.

Ah. How intelligent of you. Did you learn of that in your past world? You must have, I wager. But, indeed, you will be able to observe how these waves disturb the nearby particles of magic, then use that information to calculate how the area around you looks and sounds. Simple, yes?

Um? Not really? What kind of BS was that? I, um, I'm not really sure whether that sounds simple or not, actually…

No? But that is what allows one to continue fighting even after losing both their sight and hearing! It protects you from surprise attacks, and that is all but a requirement for survival here, is it not?

Y-yeah, but…can we skip all that fighting talk and just get me seeing again, maybe?

Mmm… Very well. Allow me to help you acquire this skill, then. This is the only method I am aware of.

W-wait, can you do that? I'm kind of a newborn here…

Worry not. You do have your memories from your past life, yes? And there, you gained knowledge about the nature of light and sound. Without that, not even I could help you, I wager. Luck is on your side, truly.

True. I supposed it would be hard to explain sight to someone who can't see at all. I certainly couldn't manage it. I read somewhere that Helen Keller learned how to speak only by following cues she learned before going deaf at age two. Maybe I could use my knowledge of Earth to harness this "Magic Sense" thing to figure out what the world around me was like…

Worth a shot, I guessed. This blindness was getting to be a massive pain. Plus, I had the Sage on my side. It could work this out.
So, in short, All magic senses/magic perception users should Extrasensory Perception.

On a side, note Rimuru should get Invisibility from his third key which he is where he did the feat. Rimuru and Yuuki should the Camouflage skill via: Information King-Akashic Records: An ability obtained by dismantling his own ultimate skill, Creation Lord Ahura Mazd─ü, and fusing it with Velda's knowledge and installing it into the Veldanava Sword. This allows him to use almost every ability in the series.

Sakaguchi Hinata (Web Novel) should get Invisibility and Illusion Creation.

Heat Detection/Sense Heat Source
I think all characters with Heat Detection and Sense Heat Source should have Enhanced Senses since they fit the definition

• Thermographic Vision: The ability to see heat
LN:

• Sense Heat Source: Identifies any heat reactions in the local area. Not affected by any concealing effects.
WN:

• [Heat Detection]… the ability to see nearby heat sources. Furthermore, camouflage skills are nullified.

I only just realized, but since magicules are appearently atomic, based on the term itself, while Rimuru is able to "break things down into pure magicules" via predator/gluttony, Rimuru's Regenerationn negation should be upgraded to "high" (via absorption) for the WN version as well, perhaps should get matter manipulation in first key already, too.

The LN versions of Hakurou, Rimuru, Soei, and Gazel should get Resistance Negation for their Camouflage and Stealth Mastery, scaling to Rimuru's feat of avoiding Hinata's detection, Soei still being able to act stealthily against Magic Sense users, and Hakurou and Gazel having shown their anti-detection capabilities with "Haze", as well as all four of them evidently being trained in the Art "Formhide" that allows one to hide their presence even against something like Magic Sense.

LN Rimuru has shown to be capable of using Portal Creation (across a distance that usually takes weeks for a group of adventurers to traverse) when he helped the Merchants and adventurers to escape from Tempest before Falmas invaded.

Don't have the scans at hand right now, but I am fairly confident about these points. As for the actual CRT, I see nothing amiss and hence agree.

It IS resistance negation, IF Magic Sense gives resistance to it which, now that I think about it, sounds a bit strange to begin with. Can you actually "resist" Stealth Mastery or just overpower it via perception being better?

Yea, I guess so. It's like Danmaku, just a method of application, not an ability that one can build actual resistance against (well in terms of experience one can, but not in terms of special abilities or such).

NeoSuperior said:
Yea, I guess so. It's like Danmaku, just a method of application, not an ability that one can build actual resistance against (well in terms of experience one can, but not in terms of special abilities or such).
I mean yeah. I thought about removed the, but I did know some verses where some skills entirely nullify things like stealth.

I will removed them. As an alternative, we can just add better description of Extrasensory Perception's explanation like magic senses/magic perception can enables users to be aware of their environment in battle even if blind or death.

LN Rimuru does have Dimensional Travel already, @NeoSuperior. It might be redundant to Portal Creation, but I agree

It should by:

• Spatial Motion: Allows the user to be able to transport himself to a place he has visited before. It usually takes several minutes to connect spaces, but Spatial Motion is capable to have the user escape from Ramiris' Labyrinth ability.

I was asked to comment here, but do not have the time to read through all of the text in the first post. My apologies.

Again, still feel like Magic Sense is Extrasensory Perception and Enhanced Senses:

Veldora stated even if your eyes and ears were crushed, you'd use be able to sense. And one of the descriptions of Enhanced Senses is:

• Extra Senses: Some characters have completely new senses not possessed by humans, an example of this in real life is the ability of some animal species to sense magnetic fields. Other extra senses can include the ability to sense things in different dimensions, distortions in time and space, the thoughts of other beings, the future, the past, quantum activity, magical energies, forms of life energy like ki, computer data, etc.
  • Enhanced Awareness: All senses are attuned to nearby activity
  • Enhanced Hearing: Ears pick up every single sound, and can decipher layer upon layer, ability to pick up a conversation from a mile away in a busy city.
  • Enhanced Vision: Can see very clearly from incredible distances. Many different types of eyesight enhancement may occur.
Magic Senses has these attributes.

Antoniofer said:
Yeah, it seems pretty straight forward, I'm good with the additions.
Well, I can start adding what were accepted.

Yeah, Milly, Magic Sense/Magic Perception should give Enhanced Senses as an Extra Senses which work by sensing magical energies.

Extra Senses: Some characters have completely new senses not possessed by humans, an example of this in real life is the ability of some animal species to sense magnetic fields. Other extra senses can include the ability to sense things in different dimensions, distortions in time and space, the thoughts of other beings, the future, the past, quantum activity, magical energies, forms of life energy like ki, computer data, etc.

Early of CHapter 3 WN in the OP explained how it is basically sense magic to calculated the surrounding.

This Part of chapter 3 WN explained the others enhanced senses

Chapter 3 WN

(Please teach me!)

(Nay, fret not; it is truly simple. First, try to move the magical energy inside your body.)

This, I somehow understand. I think I can use the same principle as moving through the water.

(Like this?)

While enclosing it in my body, I verify movement of magical energy.

(Ay. Though you said otherwise, you seem quiet apt at this. In this case, the energy that moves within you and that which is beside you―do you feel the difference?)

This is actually pretty simple.
It's a good thing I spent all that time feeling magical energy―I mean, I live by absorbing it after all! Feeling it is a must!

(That much I understand! Since I eat it, you know?)

(Kukuku. Since you understand that much, the rest is simple. Feel the movement of magical energy outside of yourself.)

That's what I don't understand, though.
Anyways, as instructed, I tried to feel it.
I do feel it swaying. Back and forth, back and forth…
Right! Let's active [Great Sage]!

┬½Verified. Extra skill [Magic Perception]… has been succesfully acquired┬╗
«Will you use extra skill [Magic Perception]? [YES]/[NO]»

Eh?
Did I really just acquire it that easily?
Well yeah, of course, [YES].
As expected, [Great Sage] is reliable as always!

The moment I had activate the extra skill [Magic Perception], my mind was filled with information.
Never, even as a human, had I processed that much information at once.
Little by little, magical energy moving along―waves of light and darkness.
Having grasped all of the incoming information, I convert it into one I can understand.
And so, I can now see 360 degrees around me, without a single blindspot.

A boulder's shadow, the scenery 100 meters away: if I direct my consciousness there, I can see it.

Early of Chapter 1 LN in the OP explained how it is basically sense magic to calculated the surrounding.

This part of chapter 1 LN explained the others enhanced senses

Volume LN 1 Chapter 1

Confirmed. Extra skill "Magic Sense"…successfully acquired. Use the extra skill Magic Sense?

Yes

No

Huh? It was that easy?

Well, sure—yes, then… Man, talk about a rock I can rely on!

The moment I invoked Magic Sense, my brain was filled with new information. A massive amount, something my human brain never could've processed—the waves of light and sound pushing every single tiny particle around—and I processed it all, converting it into perceptible data.

The thing about human eyesight is that it doesn't give you even a 180-degree view of what's in front of you. Now, all of a sudden, I could "see" a full 360 degrees around myself. The shadows of the rocks around me, the views hundreds of meters away—the moment I turned my attention to it, I could figure out what it was.

It look fine, to me. I contacted the admin Saikou to make the concluding evaluation for Enhanced Senses regarding Magic Senses/Magic Perception Users. If it is not done by a day or so, I will contact someone else.

Okay. I have browsed through this. It seems fairly uncontroversial to add, so it should hopefully be fine if you do so.

Back