• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann tiering

From what DaFritzi/Joseph posted, I agree with their suggestions for the most part.

The Anti-Spiral (Granzebomba) was directly shown to explode however, as shown on screen. Pretending that it's not is an assumption on your part.

Antvasima said:
So, have we agreed to carry out the changes, and if so, is anybody willing to perform them?
It's not done yet. Lina has watched some subs from a diffrent site than ********* or *********, where Anti Spiral has a 2-C feat for creating multiple universes. We have to fix the sub discrepancy first

Lina Shields said:
From what DaFritzi/Joseph posted, I agree with their suggestions for the most part.
The Anti-Spiral (Granzebomba) was directly shown to explode however, as shown on screen. Pretending that it's not is an assumption on your part.
Oh that's good then. If you agree with us then apply. Also make sure to put the Regenerationn and other abilities

And lets keep this thread open since this is discussion, we will alao talk about dai gurren amd other mech stats later. Although I wont be available much so Dafritzi will do it with you

@Lina After Simon defeats AS there is a cut to a view of the universe. Then the explosion happens, it's not directly shown that AS explodes, but the movement of the camera suggests it. Alright I accept that, however AS explosion and AS being the energy that maintained the universe aren't mutually exclusive.

What makes me so sure of him being this energy, is the statement I posted before. Literally the only source of energy, the only notable being in the super spiral space was AS himself, I don't see anything else that could have been the energy that maintained the universe. He created it, he controlled everything in it. What do you think was the energy that maintained the universe, if not AS? Just out of interest I'd like to hear your opinion.

Yes, I can help with the edits.

@Joseph: As a matter of fact, I watched the subbed versions from episode 25 to 27 from *********. However, we mostly consider the labrynth that the Anti-Spiral created to be a mental hallucination, and not actual universes being created on the Anti-Spiral's part.

I guess that the reason being Anti-Spiral being 2-C is, the barrier between the dimensions was literally holding control of both the Anti-Spiral universe and the regular Universe?

This would mean that the Anti-Spiral was considered to have complete control over the regular universe + Anti-Spiral Universe, correct? Two universes with time in total.

Anyways, I'll make the edits. Thanks for all your help.

Alright. Let's get this upgrade under way. I will update the AP for the attack first, but sufficient reasoning/descriptions for their AP is always helpful.

So for the Anti-Spiral, the reasoning for his 2-C rating is:

• Able to maintain both the Anti-Spiral universe and the Spiral universe with his powers alone, as the Spiral universe before was under the direct control of the Anti-Spiral at that point.
Simon directly scales to this.

So for the Super Granzeboma/STTGL, the reasoning for their "At least Low 2-C" rating is

• STTGL: Was formed from Infinity Big Bang Storm, which was specifically stated to contain enough energy to destroy the space-time continuum. Should be vastly stronger than Granzeboma at that point.
  • Super Granzeboma: Fought against STTGL, and ultimately destroyed it until only Gurren Lagann was left.

Seems fine, for Anti-Spiral how about:

Able to maintain the Anti-Spiral universe with his power alone and has direct control over the Spiral universe at the same time. Also able to maintain a Universe+ mecha alongside his universe.

For Super Grand Zamboa's description, I wrote it as

• Even stronger than before; able to directly match the STTGL, and was almost able to destroy it.
This is because in reality, Super Grand Zamboa was not fully able to destroy STTGL, because Gurren Lagann was still left.

If you would open some of the profiles for me I could start adding the abilities we agreed on. Like the ones from the smaller forms to bigger ones and the new ones we agreed on.

Updates, updates, and more updates.

Send me a message on my wall and I will open the profiles/you can add abilities that you proposed and stuff.

Btw, Dai Gurre has a TTGL form where he faced off against the Anti-Spiral with Nia/Yoko and the other guys. We need a separate key for that form too. High 3-A btw.

Just a thing, would Simon be able to achieve this kind of power after beating the Anti-Spiral, or would it be a one time thing?

He didn't create those mechas with his own power. He needed the energy of the Spiral Death Machine to use SGGL, the Multiversal Labyrinth to create TGGL, and the Big Bang Storm for STTGL. Could it be that he didn't have that power anymore after the last battle?

Antispiral explained that Spiral Power generally only rises, eventually leading to the spiral nemesis. Also the spiral energy needed to defeat AS in h2h combat did come only from him.

About SGGL, he was almost done transforming by himself, when they where pushed into the spiral death machine. About TTGL, he didn't convert the multiversal labyrinth into the mech, rather overcoming it gave him the spiral power to do so. Yes, the energy for STTGL came from Infinity Big Bang Storm.

It isn't impossible that he was weaker after the last battle, however are neither indications nor reasons for that. I think EoS Simon might even be more powerful than he was during the battle with AS. Once you reach a certain level of control over spiral power your eyes turn into spiral eyes. EoS Simon had one such eye.

Rather he was forgotten to be downgraded by the last discussion. He is at the tier he should be. Also I have added his abilities.

I've added Durability Negation (via Probability Manipulation), Instant Time Travel, Able to attack through time to AS profile. As well as random shroedinger warp to techniques.

That should have been everything

Simons range with TTGL should be Universal+, TTGL has universal range and can attack through time could someone edit that or quickly open the profile for me?

Back