• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann tiering

Anti Spiral is a glass canon like Kaguya. Ant Spiral is just capable of destroying a single universe in combat (Infinity Big Bang Storm has energy equivalent to big bang only, which is his strongest offensive move). You can watch epissode 26 and 27 to understand what I am saying

@Joseph

The Anti-Spiral was explicitly holding back during the fight with TTGL so it could win in a legitimate match and thus make the heroes experience absolute despair. This is especially evident in the movies, where it instantly buffs itself to Super Granzeboma when STTGL appears.

Not only did Antispiral hold back, he also had to uphold the entire universe they were fighting in with his power. If he would have been free of this burden, he would have had even more power at his disposal.

The question is how did Simon defeat an opponent so far ahead in power. The only answer I can think of is that Simons spiral power grew immensly during the battle. We always assumed that Simon is only 3-A to low 2-C in power, thus AS needed to have crappy dura in order to make the events in the series possible.

But what if Simon just grew to 2-C in power and overcame AS 2-C durability? What further supports this is that he was completely unfazed by the spacetime collapse, given that he had to protect his entire crew after the hardest fight he ever had (something i think not so easy for a mere low 2-C)

@Joseph Much appreciated :)

Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann also learns to attack in past and future simultaneoulsy with the help of Lord Genome, and forces out the Ashtanga ships which was attacking the crew from a different time

TTLG past and future time 1
TTLG past and future time 2
TTLG past and future time 3
TTLG past and future time 7
TTLG past and future time 4
TTLG past and future time 5
TTLG past and future time 6

So from the above scan, we know that Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann/TTLG can attack enemies who're hiding in different dimensions in a different timelines (past and future simultaneously). Also the Astanga Ships by Anti Spiral can travel through time. About the planck time coefficient, could that apply to reaction time? Not sure

I'm kind of curious what that "Planck Time Coefficient" thing is all about.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
The Low 2-C/2-C changes seem fine so far, from what I can see.
Hmm what about the abiilities? For regen they can regenerate from quantic level, and can also travel through/across time (?)

Ryukama said:
I'm kind of curious what that "Planck Time Coefficient" thing is all about.
Possibly regarding attacking in past and future, although it's not explained in detail

Alright then I see. I was kinda wondering/hoping if it had something to do with performing an action in a planck second lol

Ryukama said:
Alright then I see. I was kinda wondering/hoping if it had something to do with performing an action in a planck second lol
Actually that's exactly what it might be, SGGL might have attacked 10 planck second into past and 8 in the future. That would put them at insane speed level >.>

Everything in TTLG is barely expressed beyond 1 or 2 lines, so take it for what you will ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

So, does anybody wish to carry out the changes?

I would like to see what Lina Shields thinks about the planck constant thing and whether it applies to speed.

I don't have proof so i can't say that it is true but judging from what LordGenome said, they will attack every points in the chosen zone along the space and time axes. With that, i draw a S-axis for Space and a T-axis for time. The Future +8 and Past -10 should be the coordinates on the time axis. While the points in the below pictures should be the coordinates on the space axis.

TTLG past and future time 6

Because planck second is the smallest unit of time base on our understanding.

I think the "Planck time Coefficient" means that they cover all the chosen points above every planck second in the chosen range in the the time axis which in this time is from near past -10 to near future +8 with bullet. Since they shoot at the chosen points every planck second range from the past to the future on the time axis, it become impossible to hide from them.

I also believe that they can attack every point in space and in time at the same time. For example, cover every planck volume in the entire universe with energy attack every planck second for the entire life span of the universe in 1 attack but choose not to do so to avoid overkill / killing innocence.

The scene with the "Planck time coefficient" was funny, but has no more info then the statement itself. So we would have to interpret what they meant.

Also, yes @Szutjo they can attack all points in space and along the timeline. Thats a 4D-omnipresential attack. STTGL has something along the lines in his profile. Galaxy gurren laganns page states it as "able to attack through time", but I think those are two things that should be noted seperately

So all forms from galaxy gurren onwards should have "able to attack through time" and "4D-omnipresential attack".

Also I did a quick calc scaling the speed of AS to the size of STTGLs giga drill and ended with a speed of around 44trillion ly per second (thats multiple sextillion times the speed of light). Since I don't know how this wiki calculates speed it would be cool if someone could check this.

@Ever thanks for showing.

So should Simon be 2-C, or are Anti-Spiral's feats hax unrelated to himself physically?

@Ever Alright thanks for the input. Sorry to bother you but lastly do you know what this "Planck Time Coefficient" thing is all about?

If I were to hazard a guess based on the mathematical definition of "coefficient", SGGL is probably firing in the last ten plank times and the next eight planck times.

So basically each attack is performed in a single plank time.

Dear lord that speed...

@Ever are these the multi-galaxy sized mechs that do this?

If so holy shit...

SGGL is roughly the size of the moon, but if we can calc the distance its attacks move in that timeframe...

Wally West might get dethroned.

Lol that'd be amazing. Hopefully other staff are okay with this interpretation of the statement.

All of this happens in episode 26 (6:30 to 8:30). If someone wants to rewatch it. This would be an massive boost for the whole verse, so we have to be sure about this.

If this gets accepted as speed for SGGL, just imagine scaling it to STTGL which is 1.437x10^20 times bigger. The mere thought is mindblowing.

I am not really knowledgeable about the series, but looking at the scene I don't think it means that the attacks happened in that timeframe nor do I in general think that it is explained well enough to actually say for sure what it means.

It's said that "It means it's determined the probability change and will get a bulls-eye", which sounds for me more like saying that it's got its aim correct than a speed or timeframe factor. (though timeframe is involved when firing accurately through time, but that kind of timeframe wouldn't really relate to character speed)

Additionally "coefficient" technically means a multiplier to something, in this case something that is kinda related to planck time. If one takes into account that this coefficient was just detemined (if I can take that from the second statement like that) I wouldn't think that it's some constant value like just being planck time itself. And we don't really know how high this multiplier actually is either...

I wouldn't be surprised if TTLG is this fast, we're talking about mechas that leap across galaxies with a single jump. So yeah, TTLG being this fast is aboslutely possible.

Also should Anti Spiral get durability negation? He can after all destroy on quantic level, and Lazengann survived only because it could transform into energy after disintegration. TTLG should also get the regen after absorbing Lazengann.

Interesting, shouldn't they also get durability negation as a result of probability alteration. This application of probability manip was shown several times.

I think so, yes, but Lina was going to watch and evaluate the series.

I just went through the calcs Ever posted, they contain some serious upgrades for other forms of Gurren Lagann.

Arc Gurren Lagan (calc, calc2, calc3), (TTGL verse uses mass-energy conversion, stated here,so Large Planet is applicable)

Speed: Sub-Relativistic+ (Mach 50488.706), AP: Small Planet by kinetic energy (5.11 zettatons) or Large Planet by the mass energy of the giga drill (3.055 yottatons)

Gurren Lagan Pre Time-Skip Simon (calc, though I'm not sure if this was accepted)

AP: Large continent (5.7 exatons)

About this i think this may sound like a outlier but

Gurren Laggan Movie 2 Giga Drill Break!
Gurren Laggan Movie 2 Giga Drill Break!

Skip to 2:45

2:45 AS drill begin to destory STTGL drill like it made out of some plastic and destroy TTGL, SGGL and AGL like it was nothing then as 3:11 Gurren lagann Stop universe sized drill?, 3:48 and he destroy it to???

Back