• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tekken General Discussion Thread

Wait are you arguing that the gap should be bigger or smaller between the regular Devil Jin from T8 and Jin from t6/7?
Im saying that their gap was over the series always of one shot or stomp levels of difference in power, even with Tekken 8 up till the fight with Azazel, so its kinda hard to prove when we fight Devil Jin, that he has a x10 multiplier now at that point

Wouldn't regular Reina be above Hwoarang at least for fighting with TDK, while Hwoarang was tossed away effortlessly? And one can make an argument of her being even higher.

Also, Tekken 8 is awesome.
I didn’t rate characters twice. If I did rate base Reina wage would’ve been right under Lars.

I love her character so much, she really is sick as hell. I would’ve tried to pick her up if she didn’t have like 50 different stances lmao.

I feel like a moron for not realizing that all her actions throughout the story was her attempting to awaken her devil, but she’s a pretty cunning character with the misleading act she puts on and her whole plan to build up power and take up her fathers reign. Using Alisa's arm as a decoy for an opening was also some nice fight innovation. Her showdown against True Devil Kazuya was also a really cool moment. I was definitely not expecting Kazuya to react like that and lock her into the 1v1 especially when he knew Claudio was trying to pull off some BS, but I loved how fearlessly she was ready to throw hands there.

We already knew she was Heihachi's daughter cuz duh, but the way they presented it and showed it off through the story was great like her using Hei's rage art in her cutscene against Jin for example. When she did the hand pose in the tournament and the image cut to the Tekken 7 Heihachi art, I jumped out of my chair from how dramatic they made the switch. I'm honestly suprised Kazuya didn't notice the resemblance between the headbutt and Heihachi's tenacity.

Tekken 9 or Tekken 8's potential story dlc will probably involve a Kazuya-Jin team up to take her down considering she's basically the top tier with Kaz's and Jin's devil being gone. Lars will be in the corner watching the whole thing go down.

Reina having the devil gene also adds more mystery to both the Mishima's, Hachijos, and the Devil Gene itself. There's no way that Reina is the daughter of Kazumi considering Reina's assumed age in comparison to Kazuya since we know Kazumi died when Kazuya was around 6. Either the devil gene isn't actually related with genetics like T7 led us to believe and is entirely spiritual instead, the gene isn't exclusive to the Hachijo's, the Zaibatsu research discovered a way to manufacture the gene, or Heihachi simply hooked up with someone who happened to have it.

Considering Reina knew that she had the gene from the start its unlikely that the devil gene is purely spiritual in acquisition, but really anything could be possible as to how she has it. But assuming Heihachi had an actual relationship with Reina, he probably would've known she had it too which means he doesn't hate the devil gene as much as we thought he did. Heihachi probably just wanted a badass daughter to take over the Zaibatsu 😭.

Side note, but I find it hilarious that everyone pointed out that Reina doesn't have the wacky Mishima hair prelaunch, but ironically she gets the crazy Mishima hair in her Devil form.
Devil-Gene-Reina-1024x576.jpg

I love her character so much, she really is sick as hell. I would’ve tried to pick her up if she didn’t have like 50 different stances lmao.

I feel like a moron for not realizing that all her actions throughout the story was her attempting to awaken her devil, but she’s a pretty cunning character with the misleading act she puts on and her whole plan to build up power and take up her fathers reign. Using Alisa's arm as a decoy for an opening was also some nice fight innovation. Her showdown against True Devil Kazuya was also a really cool moment. I was definitely not expecting Kazuya to react like that and lock her into the 1v1 especially when he knew Claudio was trying to pull off some BS, but I loved how fearlessly she was ready to throw hands there.

We already knew she was Heihachi's daughter cuz duh, but the way they presented it and showed it off through the story was great like her using Hei's rage art in her cutscene against Jin for example. When she did the hand pose in the tournament and the image cut to the Tekken 7 Heihachi art, I jumped out of my chair from how dramatic they made the switch. I'm honestly suprised Kazuya didn't notice the resemblance between the headbutt and Heihachi's tenacity.

Tekken 9 or Tekken 8's potential story dlc will probably involve a Kazuya-Jin team up to take her down considering she's basically the top tier with Kaz's and Jin's devil being gone. Lars will be in the corner watching the whole thing go down.

Reina having the devil gene also adds more mystery to both the Mishima's, Hachijos, and the Devil Gene itself. There's no way that Reina is the daughter of Kazumi considering Reina's assumed age in comparison to Kazuya since we know Kazumi died when Kazuya was around 6. Either the devil gene isn't actually related with genetics like T7 led us to believe and is entirely spiritual instead, the gene isn't exclusive to the Hachijo's, the Zaibatsu research discovered a way to manufacture the gene, or Heihachi simply hooked up with someone who happened to have it.

Considering Reina knew that she had the gene from the start its unlikely that the devil gene is purely spiritual in acquisition, but really anything could be possible as to how she has it. But assuming Heihachi had an actual relationship with Reina, he probably would've known she had it too which means he doesn't hate the devil gene as much as we thought he did. Heihachi probably just wanted a badass daughter to take over the Zaibatsu 😭.

Side note, but I find it hilarious that everyone pointed out that Reina doesn't have the wacky Mishima hair prelaunch, but ironically she gets the crazy Mishima hair in her Devil form.
Devil-Gene-Reina-1024x576.jpg
The most common theories is that Heihachi either banged another Hachijo or injected the Devil gene into Reina as some sort of experiment as he did with Steve Fox with the Super Soldier program. She could also be an artificial human created in a lab. We know from Tekken 4 that Heihachi tried to create the ultimate life form by crossing his DNA with Ogre's. She might be the product of such experiment

I'm a little disappointed we didn't get a special match to close out the story like we got with Kazuya-Akuma, but oh well.
Tbf, there wasnt anything left to do after Jin vs Kazuya, Akuma in 7 was done as special fight cuz he wasnt gonna be dead from just a satellite laser when Kazuya was fine, plus man had an unfinished job
I'm playing Victor atm, might try out Reina or Leroy down the line.
Reina is very technical due to the stances, let alone mishima moves, its gonna take a whole till you get used to it buddy

The most common theories is that Heihachi either banged another Hachijo or injected the Devil gene into Reina as some sort of experiment as he did with Steve Fox with the Super Soldier program. She could also be an artificial human created in a lab. We know from Tekken 4 that Heihachi tried to create the ultimate life form by crossing his DNA with Ogre's. She might be the product of such experiment
Its more likely that it was an experiment tbh. I doubt Heihachi would've been able to find a mother from the Hachijo's intentionally considering Kazumi kinda just appeared out of no where, and the journalist's attempt at investigating them and only finding an elderly servant for them implied that they've died out.

But I think it'd be hilarious if Heihachi landed himself another devil child and finally realized that maybe he shouldn't make this one despise the shit out of him.

Its more likely that it was an experiment tbh. I doubt Heihachi would've been able to find a mother from the Hachijo's intentionally considering Kazumi kinda just appeared out of no where, and the journalist's attempt at investigating them and only finding an elderly servant for them implied that they've died out.
Heihachi has a lot more ressources than a homeless journalist. Still it's weird that he made another one. If he was 2% smarter he could have used Jin since they had a somewhat good relationship in T3

Heihachi has a lot more ressources than a homeless journalist. Still it's weird that he made another one.
True but its still pretty likely that they're dead aside from Kazuya and Jin. You would think that another Hachijo assassin would've stepped in to try to deal with Heihachi or Kazuya after Kazumi (and Akuma 💀) failed.
If he was 2% smarter he could have used Jin since they had a somewhat good relationship in T3
yep but at least he learned his lesson this time. Unfortunately for him he's not alive to see it unfold.

But I think it'd be hilarious if Heihachi landed himself another devil child and finally realized that maybe he shouldn't make this one despise the shit out of him.

Tbf tho he has many kids, there is a possibility even tho slim, that Heihachi slept with a woman descendant from a devil gene carrier, Reina tried in T8 to awaken hers, even Jin and Kazuya awakened theirs after basically dying, former from headshot, latter from a big fall, so i guess those in Reina family had their gene dormant without knowing
Hold on.
We can add
Teleportation
Pocket dimension creation ( DOMAIN EXPANSION !!!!!)
and ...did Jin just cut space?

The T8 CRT will be big
Speaking of hax, imma post later this sunday cuz i wanna sleep (past 2 am) all haxes and resistances, devil gene users (including Azazel) and to an extent mishimas have, they are just updated till T7 though

Tbf tho he has many kids, there is a possibility even tho slim, that Heihachi slept with a woman descendant from a devil gene carrier, Reina tried in T8 to awaken hers, even Jin and Kazuya awakened theirs after basically dying, former from headshot, latter from a big fall, so i guess those in Reina family had their gene dormant without knowing

Yeah I was aware of this post when I was writing all that but one of Heihachi's hookups having the gene feels so unlikely, it doesn't seem like something they'd reasonably put in the story even if it is possible.

Reina being the daughter of a Hachijo also seems equally unlikely like I mentioned before. That would mean the only blood Reina shares with Jin and Kazuya would be through Heihachi and we know he's not a carrier since he's failed to make himself a devil and he's also faced death or near death more times than Jin and Kazuya combined but he got nothing. I really think Reina most likely got it through experimental methods but I'm probably wrong and we'll find out later down the line.

That speed applies only to the x10 forms, the tier would be 6-C if she is scaled those as well, also Reina cant be scaled to these levels, Lars went through a similar battle with him and i think we all know neither are on his level
That doesn’t feel right. I understand that they have a multiplier and they’re stronger and all that, but you can be weaker and still scale speed wise.

But I haven’t been scaling tekken that long so what do I know 🤷‍♂️

That doesn’t feel right. I understand that they have a multiplier and they’re stronger and all that, but you can be weaker and still scale speed wise.

But I haven’t been scaling tekken that long so what do I know 🤷‍♂️
she cant scale from a god tier speed but be below their AP, unless the verse specifically points out to scale from one of those only

Its much easier to say she scales from Jin and Lars, rather then add many characters

Very very cool story mode, really well constructed and paced, wonderful animated and coreographed, with great attention to character development and participation of others, probably the best story mode of every fighting game ever.

I'm glad they gave an explanation to what the Devil Gene and Azazel were.
It might be a little bit pulled out of the hat, but it's better than nothing.

I'm disappointed that Jun wasn't really featured in the story, but whatever.
I find Angel Jin really ugly (anche True Devil Kazuya a little too) but the pacing of the story and develepment was great for what they had at disposal.
I really didn't expect so much introspection and bonding for Jin, but they did it very very well, you can see that they cared for it.
(I wish Ryu had a similar thing too).

Also forgot to post the haxes and resistances for Mishimas/Devil Gene users that they generally shared up, only till Tekken 7 i had them done, Tekken 8 wasnt even a thing at that point i dug out those, anyway here it is

• Forcefield Creation (can generate a barrier to shield from physical and energy based attacks)

• Invisibility (scaling from Kazumi, whom shown the ability to become invisible when fighting Heihachi)

• Self-Sustenance (Type 1) (didnt need air when in outer space)

-Higher-Dimensional Existence (Type 1, stated that he exists on a higher plane of existence, above earthly laws and that filling the world with negative energy was gonna give him physical form)

-Paralysis and Fear Inducement and possibly Matter Manipulation (can paralyze an individual movements with one of his moves, his appearance can overwhelm those who see it and has the power to reduce beings to ashes, it also shown to be able to frighten others with his appearance)

-Large Size (Type 1, taller then about all characters in the series, many of whom are over 2 meters tall)

-Summoning and Minor Durability Negation (capable of summoning boulders of crystal and scarabs, with the former he can still harm an opponent even when they are blocking attacks, with other normal moves not being able to do the same from him)

-Telepathy (spoke to Jin in his mind to fill the world with negative energy, he displayed this ability to others as well)

-Light Generation (can glow and generate blinding light)

-Magma Manipulation (caused a geologically impossible event to have magma start erupting throughout the vicinity of a village)

-Non-Corporeal (he was awakened in spirit form and then had to gain a physical form, also survived supposed death after his body was destroyed, but his spirit remained)

Limited Invulnerability (can make himself invulnerable to physical attacks for a short amount of time, even in the middle of his attacks)

-Flight (can fly and levitate)

-Corruption (Type 2, the dark purplish orb inside him can infect someone with the Devil Gene)

-Death Manipulation (characters who destroyed his body end up dying shortly after)

• Smoke Manipulation (isnt bothered by the toxic smoke emanated from a volcano)

Top 10 final bosses in fighting games:
  1. Jin vs Kazuya Phase 10
  2. Jin vs Kazuya Phase 7
  3. Jin vs Kazuya Phase 8
  4. Jin vs Kazuya Phase 9
  5. Jin vs Kazuya Phase 5
  6. Jin vs Kazuya Phase 6
  7. Jin vs Kazuya Phase 4
  8. Jin vs Kazuya Phase 3
  9. Jin vs Kazuya Phase 2
  10. Jin vs Kazuya Phase 1

Very very cool story mode, really well constructed and paced, wonderful animated and coreographed, with great attention to character development and participation of others, probably the best story mode of every fighting game ever.
Did you see these Jin feat? It’s over for us SF bros….😔

Also forgot to post the haxes and resistances for Mishimas/Devil Gene users that they generally shared up, only till Tekken 7 i had them done, Tekken 8 wasnt even a thing at that point i dug out those, anyway here it is

• Forcefield Creation (can generate a barrier to shield from physical and energy based attacks)

• Invisibility (scaling from Kazumi, whom shown the ability to become invisible when fighting Heihachi)

• Self-Sustenance (Type 1) (didnt need air when in outer space)

-Higher-Dimensional Existence (Type 1, stated that he exists on a higher plane of existence, above earthly laws and that filling the world with negative energy was gonna give him physical form)

-Paralysis and Fear Inducement and possibly Matter Manipulation (can paralyze an individual movements with one of his moves, his appearance can overwhelm those who see it and has the power to reduce beings to ashes, it also shown to be able to frighten others with his appearance)

-Large Size (Type 1, taller then about all characters in the series, many of whom are over 2 meters tall)

-Summoning and Minor Durability Negation (capable of summoning boulders of crystal and scarabs, with the former he can still harm an opponent even when they are blocking attacks, with other normal moves not being able to do the same from him)

-Telepathy (spoke to Jin in his mind to fill the world with negative energy, he displayed this ability to others as well)

-Light Generation (can glow and generate blinding light)

-Magma Manipulation (caused a geologically impossible event to have magma start erupting throughout the vicinity of a village)

-Non-Corporeal (he was awakened in spirit form and then had to gain a physical form, also survived supposed death after his body was destroyed, but his spirit remained)

Limited Invulnerability (can make himself invulnerable to physical attacks for a short amount of time, even in the middle of his attacks)

-Flight (can fly and levitate)

-Corruption (Type 2, the dark purplish orb inside him can infect someone with the Devil Gene)

-Death Manipulation (characters who destroyed his body end up dying shortly after)

• Smoke Manipulation (isnt bothered by the toxic smoke emanated from a volcano)

Plus self-sustenance type 1 for surviving in space and even further resistance to extreme heat for surviving atmospheric reentry from angel jin fight.

Also somebody on reddit pointed out something, which may potentially be bigger upgrades if accepted

Reina and True Devil Kazuya rage arts show the opponent being sent in a void place with a solar eclipse happening inside them, so big enough to hold a sun and a moon

An argument can be made the void spaces with these are created by their own power, Reina and True Devil Kazuya's voids also look different from each other, the environment is not similar, the very least possibly rating can be given if anything and this would tier 4 stuff

They had regen with Tekken 3 starting, i wrote in the haxes spoiler thingy
I should have worded it better. Life force absorption for Jin. In the final stage he heals himself after blasting people with his beam
Also somebody on reddit pointed out something, which may potentially be bigger upgrades if accepted

Reina and True Devil Kazuya rage arts show the opponent being sent in a void place with a solar eclipse happening inside them, so big enough to hold a sun and a moon

An argument can be made the void spaces with these are created by their own power, Reina and True Devil Kazuya's voids also look different from each other, the environment is not similar, the very least possibly rating can be given if anything and this would tier 4 stuff
Hahahhahahahah nice gj. I mean if Beyblade got 2-C , and Kaguya from Naruto 4-B for the same shit , Tekken should get it as well.

I should have worded it better. Life force absorption for Jin. In the final stage he heals himself after blasting people with his beam
Would be kinda similar to Jinpachi move in 5, he steals health from opponent and heals himself with it
Hahahhahahahah nice gj. I mean if Beyblade got 2-C , and Kaguya from Naruto 4-B for the same shit , Tekken should get it as well.
If this actually gets accepted, Tekken would solo even Gargos and Eyedoll from Killer Instinct, let alone all the way up to most of Frieza saga, i believe Frieza was tier 4 in final forms right?

Last edited:
Back