• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tekken General Discussion Thread

Is there a statement that would imply those are actual dimensions they created? Sites standards for this type of stuff is that without explicit evidence it'll be listed as teleportation or dimensional travel to a pre-existing location instead of them making a dimension.

No direct statement on that, unless someone asks Harada himself for confirmation

Also just to clarify on a thing, they have teleportation as a power and its done differently from the "domain expansion" stuff, so its not that

It needs strictly a statement? The closest thing to a maybe is Kazuya palm glowing with energy before they go to the dimension

Doesn't need to strictly be a statement but it can be hard to prove without one, to use an example of a character I'm currently working on revising, this lame nerd used to be 4-A because of this but got downgraded to 6-C due to a lack of evidence of him actually making that dimension instead of simply going to one that already existed. So not exactly easy to get stuff like this accepted

Might be worth looking much more into the rage arts, direct statements might not exist but could look into how they're presented to see if anything noticeable could be found.

How bad was t6 story
Jin starts World War 3 to awaken Azazel earlier then he was suppose to, because he wanted to end the devil gene for good, which fails cuz Azazel in spirit form was still alive, later to be sealed in Zafina arm

The war made G Corp led by Kazuya seem like the heroes, he offers a bounty for Jin head to people, Jin as response announces the 6th tournament, which you wont hear any details about ever, not even main story or later games

Scenario Campaign is your main story, a beat them up, that gets boring at times and dragged out at times, which you are forced to complete each stage if you wanna unlock other characters for their own story, reduced to no more narrator, kinda long texts and just 2 characters till you fight Jin and then Azazel

Most endings in the game are not as good as the previous games, depending on your sense of humour, most endings might not be funny to you as a bunch are comedy endings

Lars gets to be the main character of the game, which later you find out to be the illegitimate son of Heihachi, when he recovers his memory at that point, cuz he gets amnesia from a Jack 6 doing a kamikaze on his team, falls in love with Alisa from about 0 moments on screen, just implying that, also makes you care of characters you barely knew dying

How bad was t7 story
Character episodes, are 1-2 pages of wall of text, not all characters get these just a select few, DLC legacy characters dont get any at all, its just 1 fight, most are very short, comedic again, lame and you dont get shit in terms of story or character for a bunch, especially new characters

Main story is kinda short even compared to Scenario Campaign, Akuma added in the story was sorta pointless, gets hired as a hitman basically on Heihachi and Kazuya before original Tekken, waiting on them to be strong in this game, details on why he owns Kazumi a favor is simply "she saved my life, all you gotta know", in Tekken 8 its obvious his task to kill Kazuya failed bad

The narrator for the main story is very monotone, makes it boring to listen on him, even the only scene with suppose non monotone talking is still monotone, Jin is in a coma for the whole story, besides end credits scene leading up to Tekken 8

The 7th tournament announced by Heihachi at the start, its cancelled mid story and only like 4 or so character episodes tackle it, with their singular fight, no details or anything of it in general

Last edited:
Jin is in a coma for the whole story, besides end credits scene leading up to Tekken 8
This might be an unpopular or probably even an outright bad opinion but I think it was better this way. Jin being sidelined for T7 was the best way to really show off the Kazuya-Heihachi hate imo. Let the younger one in the bloodline step out for a sec so the OG's can finish off 20 year beef that never got a true conclusion. Plus Kazuya ending Heihachi sets up Jin as the one with the huge burden in Tekken 8.

Could just be my dislike for Jin speaking or my preference for villain spotlights but oh well. But yeah T7 def had issues with the journalist, terrible character episodes, ignoring of side characters, and Akuma being plot relevant but also plot irrelevant at the same time.

Its pretty crazy what kind of characters we could've had if they weren't cut...

Also Morrigan in Tekken would be cool!

I felt like Tekken 6 would've been better if they fixed a few things, like developing Lars and Alisa's relationship (Which Tekken 8 did), and expanding a lot of things in the Tekken 6 story.

Also having no tournament would be interesting in Tekken 6 where rest of the characters are dealing with the effects of Jin and Kazuya's conflict. As such various characters are joining in for various reasons, since Jin has a bounty raising cash for people like Law.

The whole Azazel thing is fine given what we have now in Tekken 7 and 8 which adds more to the Devil Gene story. Also the campaign mode could've been worked better in gameplay to not make it boring.

I would also foreshadow of Jin having Angel powers like in Tekken 8
as where in Tekken 6 maybe Zafina could remark Jin has two destinies and have a balance of light and darkness. And that the darkness is growing within Jin (Devil Jin losing control) thus leaving Jin to get a wrong idea thinking starting WW3 and killing Azazel is a better option to where this could lead to Tekken 8 him remarking he was wrong.

Plus Kazumi is alright in Tekken 8 but the whole Akuma thing was dumb. I felt like it should've been a last straw for Heihachi's descent to evil, where he was growing to be who he was in the Tekken games and that caused him to snap. He could throw Kazuya off the cliff for to test his might, and also experiment on if he could gain that power Kazumi has, as he might want it for himself. That way it adds to Heihachi being a pretty horrible dad, and in Tekken 8 it could be Heihachi feeling a sense of regret that he caused this whole issue.

Jin being in a coma makes sense in Tekken 7 as it led him defeating Azazel and has his mind and body healing from the fight.

But thats just me.

tekken_8___true_devil_kazuya_by_davidchikardi_dgsi03k-375w-2x.png

tekken_8___angel_jin_by_davidchikardi_dgspu3s-375w-2x.png

Renders of the forms already existing, looks phenomenal

Also the same person who did those two is working on the Azazel one, he will finally have good looking renders

Still no render on the awakened Devil Jin (white and black winged version), although there is some good shots from story for full body rendering

@SirAlex09

Oi i might have found a way to stack up x10 multiplier more then once, which may end up a crazy ass dragon ball scaling chain type deal

Tekken 4 points out how Devil lost his other half he tried to gain from Jin devil power, even so his True form even at such capacity still had x10 in power

Tekken 8 happened with Kazuya vs Azazel, gaining that form, we see both of his eyes glowing red, heavily implying his missing half issue is no longer the case

Since already a half of it in the past was x10, the form in the current game should be logically a x100 in that case

Also a detail i spotted after some rewatches of other youtubers playing the story, Azazel in 2nd phase of the fight glows a different color with his crystals, i thought it was him going in rage mode, since in Tekken 6 he glows differently if he goes low on health, but the game itself doesnt acknowledge this to be the case, with Devil Jin it does in the 2nd phase of the fight with Jin for example

Given the colors seem yellowish/orangish, this must be Golden Azazel, which would make sense he goes against Devil Kazuya, he went Golden on base Jin in Tekken 6 near end, with what we talked earlier, Golden Azazel added to Kazuya the other half which was x10, as talked earlier

With that in mind, it means the following:

Jin with devil amp one shots Golden Azazel is x10

Devil Kazuya stomps and one shots Golden Azazel is x10

Awakened Devil Jin (white and black wings) could be logically assumed as equal to TD Kazuya in T7, the TD Kazuya in T8 points out how this Devil Jin had power to stand up to him, his T7 TD form being his peak before Azazel power, but not now, plus Awakened Devil Jin struggles with the Frieza death ball, Angel Jin deals with that and was proven as more equally matched with T8 TD Kazuya

You know I do love how Reina has the same voice actor as Raphtalia XD!
Mai from Bunny girl senpai anime too
Jin as DIO
Jedah in Darkstalkers too
Heihachi as Armstrong
As well as Joseph in jojo anime and bandai games, Hercule Satan in DB series too
Ling Xiaoyu as Aerith
The S3 villainess of Sword Art Online, the blonde vampire girl Shinobu, two big characters from Demon Slayer and Re: Zero
Those ones are just crazy when thinking about it XD!
Pretty insane indeed, the VAs range for many characters they voice

Would be surprising if Tekken 8 doesnt sell over 10 million at the end of its run, it has to surpass it eventually too

Oh yeah, because the word "destroying" with a bunch of crying emojis is for sure just comparison huh
Firstly, its just a tweet. Secondly I don't know how else you would like to describe 38K vs 49K. And thirdly, it really is not that serious for you do come into this thread and make the claim that we're attempting to start discourse after posting a single tweet which I'm pretty sure is literally the only time that MK1 has been mentioned on this entire thread. I really don't know what kind of personal stake you have in this that led you to come in here with a defensive attitude but please stop trying to make something out of nothing.

Back