• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tears of the Kingdom Spoilers Thread

Yeah but he's still the one producing Gloom, it's not something he had put into him and he learned to control he's the reason Gloom even exists, it's his special brand of magic. Can't really concretely give him a resistance to his own magical energy, we don't give out resistances for stuff like that. Especially when the easiest reason for why it doesn't affect him is that he just simply chooses not to use it's harmful effects whenever he's channeling it in and around his own body, he can do the same for the monsters in the depths where he bestows his Gloom on them to make them more powerful and remove their need to sleep instead of making them die.
Well nah tbf you kinda can somewhat cause he still resist the effects of his own gloom weapons as he is actively weilding them and can withstand being attacked by them without suffering their effects.

We know u gloom has active disease and death manip with other shit and from just being in or around it let alone using the weapons so like it'd honestly be weirder if he didn't considering like has more resistance to it compared to nomral people even

Like the mere fact he's not just falling over and with sickness and dying from the slightest amounts of gloom like a normal guy would is evident enough

Was Cia even using the complete Triforce in that scene? I know she actively uses and weaponizes the Triforce of Power to BFR Ganondorf but I don't recall her doing the same with the complete thing, I only remember her tapping into her remaining piece at the very end.
If the choice was to attack or to attack millions of times stronger, I'm pretty sure she would since Ganondorf scares the shit out of her. Also she had to get rid of the other two pieces so re-sealing him would work.

Well nah tbf you kinda can somewhat cause he still resist the effects of his own gloom weapons as he is actively weilding them and can withstand being attacked by them without suffering their effects.
Yeah I think he could get resistance to the standard Gloom abilities if we use Link using them against him, just don't think him not being affected by having in his body is a great reason.

Yeah I think he could get resistance to the standard Gloom abilities if we use Link using them against him, just don't think him not being affected by having in his body is a great reason.
Yeah nah that's definitely faulty if we do it that way but using Link or normal hylians as a baseline I think is better reasoning

If the choice was to attack or to attack millions of times stronger, I'm pretty sure she would since Ganondorf scares the shit out of her. Also she had to get rid of the other two pieces so re-sealing him would work.
This is the same franchise that had Ganon actively decide not to go and grab the Triforce before fighting Link and put his centuries long plan of conquering the world in jeopardy because of it, like yeah logically it'd make sense for her to use it but it also would've been logical for SS Link to go grab the Triforce and using it to casually dunk on Demise 🗿 . There is a visual indicator of her tapping into the Triforce of Power at the end of the fight but that same indicator is never used besides that instance, she just kinda gets slammed about before she tries using any kind of magic at all.

Haven't really played much of HW outside of it's initial release so feel free to correct me on anything since I ain't no expert on the game.

This is the same franchise that had Ganon actively decide not to go and grab the Triforce before fighting Link and put his centuries long plan of conquering the world in jeopardy because of it, like yeah logically it'd make sense for her to use it but it also would've been logical for SS Link to go grab the Triforce and using it to casually dunk on Demise 🗿 . There is a visual indicator of her tapping into the Triforce of Power at the end of the fight but that same indicator is never used besides that instance, she just kinda gets slammed about before she tries using any kind of magic at all.

Haven't really played much of HW outside of it's initial release so feel free to correct me on anything since I ain't no expert on the game.
Zelda 2 Link not using his full triforce

tbf to Zelda 2 Link he doesn't get the full Triforce until the very end of the game.

Now why he doesn't use the Triforce of Power and Wisdom and decided to leave them behind? Yeah got nothing for that lmao

Ganon had the full Triforce, that was the whole point. It just appeared in the next room after he died. A similar thing happened when Yuga (Hilda Absorbed) died. Also it was literally in her body, not in some display case.

The Triforce doesn't just turn someone into a glass cannon.

CDI Ganon > HW Ganon tbh

Also besides the Koroks there's more stuff that showcases BOTW Link's ability to see invisible objects, know those ghosts that hold weapons in the depths? Turns out only Link can see them since the Yiga clan notes in one of their journals how they can only see floating weapons and find it creepy. Which honestly makes the Wizzrobes turning invisible kinda insane since Link can't see them whenever they do that despite normally seeing invisible spirits.

I can somewhat see this. Though don’t know if I’d personally subscribe to it.
yeah I don't but it makes more sense than the reboot theory even though i'm just of the opinion its just way way way mad far ahead and peeps should just accept that fact that its been 20000+ years since the last zelda games in the timelines of botw/totk

Any last minute Zelda profiles before I finish updating the verse page?
No we have to do CRTs for a lot of this shit before we can actually publish the profiles and even then we're gathering a
scans and formatting profiles and what updates are ya doing to the verse page currently?

Putting HW in the proper spot and putting in all the Zelda profiles that weren't on the verse page. Actually, adding the new accepted calcs too.
Okie sounds good just don't add any of me or shmeatys calcs to the verse page that are from Tears simce those will need to be added along everything else in the CRTs

The Imprisoned is so strong that the Master Sword can't even harm it outside of much less durable weak spots
Link needs the full Triforce to kill the Imprisoned
Link goes into battle with Demise, who is far superior to the Imprisoned, without even a single piece of the Triforce
Kills Demise 1v1 with the Master Sword

What did Nintendo mean by this?

It is simple he was forced to trade most of his strength for defense
Demise out here respecing his stats right before the final fight

No but seriously I can understand the Triforce stuff since it can be argued Link didn't know he could amp himself up with a single piece (The only real thing anyone knows about the Triforce at this point in history is that the whole thing grants wishes), but the power boost he gets to go from being basically fodder to the Imprisoned to strong enough to beat Demise 1v1 confuses me. Like yeah he still does some trials after the final Imprisoned fight but it's so funny that despite not really doing much in those trials that warrant much of a boost he still gets crazy strong.

Could maybe chalk it up to accelerated development, most Links have that so 🤷‍♂️

I wish I had an answer maybe he got tired of link stubbing his toes and he transferred his armor to his feet and now the rest of his body is vulnerable or maybe the imprisoned is more part of how the seal works then a result of him being sealed

Yeah there's just no real answer beyond "Link needs to fight the final boss", unless we take the inventory screen seriously and say that Link was still empowered by the Triforce when fighting Demise.

Also just noticed that due to the sage scaling from OOT we're gonna have dudes like Morpha and Bongo Bongo at Large Island level while Demise and Hylia are Island level (Albeit with an "at least"). Which is really funny.

honestly I just forgot about my Rauru profile
Ok was planning on publishing the profile but I got stumped for all of his stats besides AP. Island level for being superior to the Master Sword is all fine and dandy, but I have no idea what I'd put besides Unknown for everything else. Best I was thinking was scaling his speed to average Gerudo warriors since all the sages are meant to be about equal so he should be comparable to Nabooru? I dunno

Ok was planning on publishing the profile but I got stumped for all of his stats besides AP. Island level for being superior to the Master Sword is all fine and dandy, but I have no idea what I'd put besides Unknown for everything else. Best I was thinking was scaling his speed to average Gerudo warriors since all the sages are meant to be about equal so he should be comparable to Nabooru? I dunno
Thought we agreed on 5-C possibly 5-A for them and we need to calc the great sky islands for LS with since the sages power is responsible for lifting it

Thought we agreed on 5-C possibly 5-A for them and we need to calc the great sky islands for LS with since the sages power is responsible for lifting it
Talking about OOT Rauru and the sages from that game, not the new guys (Why couldn't Nintendo just use a different name for King Rauru lmao)

For sure we should upscale his LS above the Goron Bracelet. We can also scale his Durability to Darunia who survived Volvagia.

For sure we should upscale his LS above the Goron Bracelet. We can also scale his Durability to Darunia who survived Volvagia.
ehhhhh

Not sure about the LS since while his magical power is pretty insane, we don't have a lot to work with him physically unless we scale his physicals to Darunia in which case yeah he'd upscale from the Goron Bracelet if we go that route. Same for his durability IG but I don't think we can scale Darunias durability to Volvagia since we have no idea what happened when he went inside besides him not beating Volvagia.

Well since even a fodder swordless ampless Adult Link can pull out Bomb Flowers so I'm sure any of the Sages could too since Rauru is stronger than the Master Sword. Darunia was likely overwhelmed since he (iirc) went in to buy time, but we know he lived. At minimum we can say he tanked Volvagia's attacks.

Back