• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Team Fortress 9-A Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really stupid to completely ignore all gameplay due to a one-off statement, espesially since the game came long before the comics were even thought of, and there's plenty of evidence gameplay is canon.

No. The tank bot explosion was calculated at 9-A but is not usable irregardless because it does not damage players. Taking it as a legit feat results in a whole load of inconsistencies.

I feel like Saxton stating that the events of the entire "RED vs BLU" conflict are "dramatized in the documentary video game Team Fortress 2" is really just a fancy way of him saying that the conflict... happened. This is supported by him calling TF2 a 'documentary video game.' Doing so would be nonsenscial if what happened in-game was all just exaggerated.

No. The tank bot explosion was calculated at 9-A but is not usable irregardless because it does not damage players.

I feel like Saxton stating that the events of the entire "RED vs BLU" conflict are "dramatized in the documentary video game Team Fortress 2" is really just a fancy way of him saying that the conflict... happened. This is supported by him calling TF2 a 'documentary video game.'
.....what that doesnt make any sense

1. give me the link of the calculations]
2. that.... no you cant say is inusable because they dont reacive damage that makes no sense and there are severals aproved calcs when the characters dont receive damage from that
3. yeah

1. give me the link of the calculations]
2. that.... no you cant say is inusable because they dont reacive damage that makes no sense and there are severals aproved calcs when the characters dont receive damage from that
3. yeah
1. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Buttersamuri/Team_Fortress_Calcs
I am aware of the fact that the calculation is from Buttersamuri, but the explosion isn't getting any higher than 9-A.

2. I changed my original statement slightly. Read this for a more in-depth explanation.

Not going to reply further to this in particular, don't expect me to entertain you when you do your thing.

1. i hard disagree with that "the weapons hurt the players but the bomb but the weapons cant be beyond 9-A" is a disbelief
2.They are definitly overthinking to debunk that but i think the calc is wrong
3. that wasnt the feat i was refering to i was refering to the mercs tanking the tank explosion and that is diferent things

It's really stupid to completely ignore all gameplay due to a one-off statement, espesially since the game came long before the comics were even thought of, and there's plenty of evidence gameplay is canon
The evidence must be pretty compelling for you to not link said evidence here.

I also frankly don't care what you find really stupid, that's your opinion, not a refutation in any capacity.

"espesially since the game came long before the comics"

Can you adequately explain why this matters, when the purpose of the comics was to flesh out the story of a verse that did not have a story beforehand? Sounds like you are picking favorites for the material rather than going by what is said.
This is supported by him calling TF2 a 'documentary video game.' Doing so would be nonsenscial if what happened in-game was all just exaggerated.
Things can be exaggerated without being outright fiction, I don't understand how this is something difficult to grasp.

Me saying the gameplay is exaggerated and thus aspects of it are non-canon isn't to say all of what is present is, we know rocket jumping is a valid thing, nobody is denying things like that.

But stuff like MvM powerups, the mercenaries using magic spells, Heavy killing by pointing his fingers, stuff like that has no real basis or lore presence; that is what I'm talking about. So the point of me bringing it up is to have that discussion. So people showing me a one second clip of Pyro walking onto a point and telling me this validates all gameplay is frankly ridiculous to me.

I think I articulated myself badly; I agree with the notion that certain aspects should be discounted, for example most taunt kills should probably be removed.

MvM powerups are mentioned in the 'Death of a Salesbot' comic, but I'm a bit unsure on if that comic can be considered canon.

Why would taunt kill would be removed tho. it doesnt contradict the canon and just because they are ridicilous doesnt mean they arent canon

MvM powerups are mentioned in the 'Death of a Salesbot' comic, but I'm a bit unsure on if that comic can be considered canon.
I don't believe it fits into the current timeline of events, so it isn't considered canon, that, and the one with the Apple store.

Because it isn't listed on the comics page with the rest of the update comics, and, while the Apple one is, their wiki suggests such as well, presumably because it doesn't fall in with the timeline, or that it's a part of a 100% community-made update and had nothing to do with Valve.
no? just because isnt listed doesnt mean isnt canon, the wiki doesnt prove any evidence in why is not canon and severals 100% community updates are canon plus a reasons that isnt in the timeline because there isnt any evidence in what part of the apple update happens and the airpods in the game still exists

no? just because isnt listed doesnt mean isnt canon
Elaborate on the why. Every other comic is there except this one.
the wiki doesnt prove any evidence in why is not canon and severals 100% community updates are canon
Why not? Such as? We already don't treat updates like End of the Line as canon, what makes this one special?

1. the aliens invasion is canon and several more. even if the end of the line isnt canon (wich it is because there is no reason to belive it isnt) then it just make the end of the line the exception not the rule

2. There is no reasons to believe that isnt canon and just because isnt listed doesnt mean isnt canon at the best his canon status is dubious

1. the aliens invasion is canon and several more
Can you explain why this would be the case? Also don't just say several more because if you are trying to prove a point it would be best to actually give evidence for that instead of having me just take your word for it.

even if the end of the line isnt canon (wich it is because there is no reason to belive it isnt)
Name a good reason to believe it is, because most people here don't.

2. There is no reasons to believe that isnt canon and just because isnt listed doesnt mean isnt canon at the best his canon status is dubious
Because selling the mercenaries hats instead of killing them like they are intended makes more sense to you? It not having any input from Valve yet having a say in Valve's story makes perfect sense to you?

Can you explain why this would be the case? Also don't just say several more because if you are trying to prove a point it would be best to actually give evidence for that instead of having me just take your word for it.
in the invasion update there are maps that are included and yes the gameplay is canon not to say the diferents cosmetics, not to mention that most Valve offical updates have several community items so what. the community things arent canon and are canon at the same time?,

Name a good reason to believe it is, because most people here don't.
1. Cosmetics
2. doesnt contradict the continuity in any way
3. is in the official page of TF2
4. Every item in the update is related to the video and there is even a currencies bassed on that

Because selling the mercenaries hats instead of killing them like they are intended makes more sense to you? It not having any input from Valve yet having a say in Valve's story makes perfect sense to you?
Just because is stupid doesnt make it canon and is specially in character, and just because it doesnt have any input from valve doesnt make it canon you know valve aproved the community updates and there is no reasons to believe that they arent canon, you know you have to prove than they arent canon instead of me proving that they are canon because what you are doing is called a burden proof, you are literally asking me to prove things you say without giving any evidence in your part.

Oh also why the wiki doesnt believe that end of the line isnt canon isnt contradicting any evidence and give more lore to the game.

BUMP

Wow the persons are so desperate to get a fictional verse in a power they dont like than they will make the thread die to avoid it

They could be busy. You've waited for five pages of this thread, surely you can stomach waiting a bit longer without trying to attack the person rather than their arguments, eh?

They could be busy. You've waited for five pages of this thread, surely you can stomach waiting a bit longer without trying to attack the person rather than their arguments, eh?
Yeah but that always happens the staffs get debunked then they leave interrupting the flow of the CRT happened with kirby cosmology, minecraft 5-D, and the others TF2 CRT, isnt that a little concidental than they leave in that moment and if they said that they couldnt participate it would be more beliable than just leaving after their argument got debunked

Wow the persons are so desperate to get a fictional verse in a power they dont like than they will make the thread die to avoid it
I don't need to tell you what's wrong with this comment. If you're too unreasonable to understand that a person can have a busy life outside of the wiki, and you resort to making comments where you attack them by assuming their motive, then that's going to be a problem. Refrain from doing this in the future, and no need to reply to this comment and derail the thread further.

Yeah but i was just pointing out that was a little bit to convinient than they leaved the exact moment all of their argument was debunked
As if you are fully entitled to my time just because you made a response to me, meanwhile I can be extremely patient with you and argue for pages in a circular fashion until you finally stop, yet I'm still the bad guy here?

You even have the gall to say that everything I do (including my absence) is somehow an underhanded tactic just to get Team Fortress downgraded, what on Earth do you have against me if I can't even be busy with something else in life for you to somehow take that as me purposefully killing a thread? My life is not this site, your life is not this site.

I don't even dislike Team Fortress 2, on what basis can you even prove that? Me not agreeing with your arguments? That's ridiculous.

The fact that this is even a thing at all is tiresome.

in the invasion update there are maps that are included and yes the gameplay is canon not to say the diferents cosmetics, not to mention that most Valve offical updates have several community items so what. the community things arent canon and are canon at the same time?,
Things being in the game =/= canon when the discussion on things being exaggerated is asserted by Valve with the comics statement.

Yes, but these are community updates, people that don't work at Valve. Are you to say that every single fan-made thing that is put into games is suddenly a part of their canon? Is every fan-made comic including Batman canon to DC?

1. Cosmetics
Cosmetics have no bearing on the story whatsoever, how can one even assert something is canon based on something that has nothing to do with anything?

2. doesnt contradict the continuity in any way
Things not contradicting the continuity doesn't mean they are officially a part of said continuity. (Excalibur's Proto-Armor Skin depicts Hayden Tenno from Dark Sector, but Dark Sector isn't connected to Warframe despite there being an in-game description for it)

3. is in the official page of TF2
Yet when something isn't on the official TF2 page for comics, for some reason that doesn't matter to you?

4. Every item in the update is related to the video and there is even a currencies bassed on that
The videos are community-made as well, this wouldn't make them official.

Just because is stupid doesnt make it canon and is specially in character, and just because it doesnt have any input from valve doesnt make it canon you know valve aproved the community updates and there is no reasons to believe that they arent canon
Elaborate on the why.

Oh also why the wiki doesnt believe that end of the line isnt canon isnt contradicting any evidence and give more lore to the game.
Because it's made by the community, the video is a fan video.

Now if you would allow me to take my time to get to responses, the same courtesy I afforded Rtxthegamer earlier in this thread, then you can do the same for me and not attack my character. Thank you.

As if you are fully entitled to my time just because you made a response to me, meanwhile I can be extremely patient with you and argue for pages in a circular fashion until you finally stop, yet I'm still the bad guy here?
I was just pointing out how you leave after i debunked all your arguments and how i am doing circular arguments.? even if my arguments are bad (wich i dont think they are) i am sure that they arent.

You even have the gall to say that everything I do (including my absence) is somehow an underhanded tactic just to get Team Fortress downgraded, what on Earth do you have against me if I can't even be busy with something else in life for you to somehow take that as me purposefully killing a thread? My life is not this site, your life is not this site.

I don't even dislike Team Fortress 2, on what basis can you even prove that? Me not agreeing with your arguments? That's ridiculous.

The fact that this is even a thing at all is tiresome.
Man i say that i was just pointing out that. i even said 2 times that i didnt meant to say that you were trying to trying to kill the thread in fact i give you the beneffit of the doubt.

Things being in the game =/= canon when the discussion on things being exaggerated is asserted by Valve with the comics statement.

Yes, but these are community updates, people that don't work at Valve. Are you to say that every single fan-made thing that is put into games is suddenly a part of their canon? Is every fan-made comic including Batman canon to DC?
1. i alredy give arguments to that as there is no prove against that it may seem ilogical how they act the characters but that is just a small flanderization, you have to prove that isnt canon

2. they arent canon in DB (i think most of them arent canon) because DC cosmology is messed up and most of the times it rewrites some parts or have continuity errors

Cosmetics have no bearing on the story whatsoever, how can one even assert something is canon based on something that has nothing to do with anything?
Was refering than they exist in the game and just because they dont have any bearing in the story doesnt make them non canon

Things not contradicting the continuity doesn't mean they are officially a part of said continuity. (Excalibur's Proto-Armor Skin depicts Hayden Tenno from Dark Sector, but Dark Sector isn't connected to Warframe despite there being an in-game description for it)
Several verses in the wiki treaths it like that, if there are no proves that it isnt canon and doesnt mess up the lore then there is no problem with that and also you still need to give evidence of them not being canon instead of me responding your arguments without evidences. Also without any further evidence then that is the exception not the rule

Yet when something isn't on the official TF2 page for comics, for some reason that doesn't matter to you?
It actually matters as Valve recognizes as a part of the history. you even mentioned that some comics isnt canon because it isnt in the TF2 comics parts so why not apply the same logic here?

The videos are community-made as well, this wouldn't make them official.
and that doesnt make it non canon, just because something doesnt come from the official valve doesnt make it non canon specially when is refered several times in the update.

Elaborate on the why.
A simplified version because i am kinda tired (can explain at more detail later if you want). just because the characters are acting in stuppids ways doesnt make it non canon specially when TF2 suffers from some kind of flanderization and saxton hale isnt very ration in his thinking so implying that a character with no rational thinking things rational is kinda dumb.

Because it's made by the community, the video is a fan video.

Now if you would allow me to take my time to get to responses, the same courtesy I afforded Rtxthegamer earlier in this thread, then you can do the same for me and not attack my character. Thank you
1. just because is a fan made video doesnt make them un canon specially when every item on the update is a direct reference from that and also the video is in the official update page. because it is a fan made video make it non canon when there is nothing that proves that, the update is just a big video reference and several franchises as literally every cosmetic, item, and skins are a reference to that damn even a currency in the update was a reference to the video, at this point is just saying that isnt canon because is fan made even if it doesnt make any sense. uses fan made things as a canon.

2. I was just pointing out how convinient was from that. i never tried to offend you if i did sorry.

And also can you explain 3 things to me.

1. Why my arguments are circular

2. Why are cosmetics not canon.? They have been explained canonically that comes from man co just because it doesnt make relevant to the story doesnt make them not canon 2 diferent things and by that logic wouldnt we need to remove things that dont have any importance in the story? 3. Give me a explanation in details how cosmetics, fan made things are non canon.

Oh also now that i think off the part of "is fan made so it isnt canon" is a Genetic fallacy, just because is a fan made doesnt make it uncanon.

oh also we dont really relie in others wiki that much and is better to search for the informations

I was out for a bit, can somebody explain to me what's currently happening?
1. is the fan made update canon
2. Are the cosmetics canon
3. things about acting stupid like selling things to your enemy (even if that isnt a contradiction just a really stupid in decision in the canon)
and far more but i am tired so.. yeah that is the most important one

Oh also you havent explained if the fan made cosmetics in a official update are canon to you and why somethings that are fan made are canon or not canon.

1. is the fan made update canon
2. Are the cosmetics canon
3. things about acting stupid like selling things to your enemy (even if that isnt a contradiction just a really stupid in decision in the canon)
and far more but i am tired so.. yeah that is the most important one
  1. Even if the content in the update is fan made, it was officially added to the game by Valve, so I'd say it should be considered canon unless it greatly contradicts regular canon.
  2. Probably a case by case basis. For example, the Bird Heads, Zombie Souls and anything that shows what's under Pyro's mask probably aren't canon, but if it's just a regular ass hat I don't see the issue.
  3. Can someone explain to me what this has to do with versus debating?

the 3 part is he saying that isnt canon because "why selling cosmetics to your enemy or something like that" to prove if isnt canon or not

I was just pointing out how you leave after i debunked all your arguments and how i am doing circular arguments.?
There's this thing called a life, people have them. Just because I'm not there to instantly reply to you doesn't make this some scheme to make the thread die.

You argued with me for several pages in the past couple of TF2 threads over something that was already solved, that is what was circular.

Man i say that i was just pointing out that. i even said 2 times that i didnt meant to say that you were trying to trying to kill the thread in fact i give you the beneffit of the doubt.
Except these are evidently thoughts you mean because you intend to put them out there, you just don't want the backlash that comes from it so you intend to hide it under the guise of a joke. I'm not stupid, you've made comments on other threads about how moderators have silenced you in the past so this isn't just some joke, it's something you think.

1. i alredy give arguments to that as there is no prove against that it may seem ilogical how they act the characters but that is just a small flanderization, you have to prove that isnt canon
It's fan-made, fan-made things like Robotic Boogaloo didn't have Valve input, they have no reason to be canon.

Was refering than they exist in the game and just because they dont have any bearing in the story doesnt make them non canon
What makes them canon then? Being in the game =/= canon.
It actually matters as Valve recognizes as a part of the history. you even mentioned that some comics isnt canon because it isnt in the TF2 comics parts so why not apply the same logic here?
It was a minor point against the idea because the Apple comic is there but that is considered non-canon as well, but the fact it isn't there at all should point to the idea it isn't either.

Several verses in the wiki treaths it like that, if there are no proves that it isnt canon and doesnt mess up the lore then there is no problem with that and also you still need to give evidence of them not being canon instead of me responding your arguments without evidences. Also without any further evidence then that is the exception not the rule
I've responded to your arguments, they aren't compelling.

just because is a fan made video doesnt make them un canon specially when every item on the update is a direct reference from that and also the video is in the official update page. because it is a fan made video make it non canon when there is nothing that proves that, the update is just a big video reference and several franchises as literally every cosmetic, item, and skins are a reference to that damn even a currency in the update was a reference to the video, at this point is just saying that isnt canon because is fan made even if it doesnt make any sense. uses fan made things as a canon.
Why? What is making it canon then? Because it isn't the cosmetics being in the game, no. That doesn't mean anything, so what is it then? If the game has exaggerations in it based on the statement from Hale then these things need to be called into question, you can't just say "x doesn't mean it isn't canon" and not have anything to back it up.
They have been explained canonically that comes from man co
In what way?

just because it doesnt make relevant to the story doesnt make them not canon 2 diferent things and by that logic wouldnt we need to remove things that dont have any importance in the story?
What is making it canon then? It's not relevant or have any bearing on the story, so for what reason is it canon?

3. Give me a explanation in details how cosmetics, fan made things are non canon.
Fan-made things aren't made by Valve or physically integrated into the story. Where is the alien invasion mentioned in the comics? If someone can make a cosmetic item telling us that gameplay is non-canon and to just have fun with it that would then be canon to you, would it not?

Also you have 3 likes in less that 5 minutes by the mods. Just pointing that i am not saying any claims
Is DaReaperMan a mod? Is Maverick Zero a mod? I'm honestly getting really sick of this.

There's this thing called a life, people have them. Just because I'm not there to instantly reply to you doesn't make this some scheme to make the thread die.

You argued with me for several pages in the past couple of TF2 threads over something that was already solved, that is what was circular.
1. Okay even if i say that i didnt warn to offend you.
2. That isnt even circular you know.? Circular Fallacy is a falacy based on doing a circules of argument example: A arguments gets debunked then they bring B argument then they bring C argument then they counter that with A argument and the circles is ""endless"" if my explanation sucks is because my grammar sucks but arguing about debunked things isnt circular

Except these are evidently thoughts you mean because you intend to put them out there, you just don't want the backlash that comes from it so you intend to hide it under the guise of a joke. I'm not stupid, you've made comments on other threads about how moderators have silenced you in the past so this isn't just some joke, it's something you think.
....What no? i never say that it was a joke and after that i said that it was poiting that out also can we stop with the endless circle of this. if you feel offended i am sorry that is.

It's fan-made, fan-made things like Robotic Boogaloo didn't have Valve input, they have no reason to be canon.
Robotic bogaloo has diferent reasons of not being canon and why it matters if it have valve imput.? It was accepted by valve and putted the video in the web page how that doesnt count as not a valve input and just because the original company didnt make the update doesnt make it non canon you know.?

What makes them canon then? Being in the game =/= canon.
The soldiers and demoman wars was based on how many players killed each other is utterly. there is even a image directly from Meat the spy

I've responded to your arguments, they aren't compelling.
And why is that?

Why? What is making it canon then? Because it isn't the cosmetics being in the game, no. That doesn't mean anything, so what is it then? If the game has exaggerations in it based on the statement from Hale then these things need to be called into question, you can't just say "x doesn't mean it isn't canon" and not have anything to back it up.
The comics, the Gameplay and the updates and videos that actually show lore are canon. but the cosmetics are canon because there is nothing against the cosmetics that makes them not canon and why the cosmetics being in the game doesnt mean anything? Just because they have no importance doesnt mean they arent canon. I have been backing it up saying that you havent presenting any arguments appart from saying "this isnt canon because there is nothing that make it against that" also i have things to backup showing that the cosmetics are from the end of the line showing that they are appear in official videos. So yes i have something to backup and that is the end of the line video that is why we are discuting if it is canon.

In what way?
The fact than they appear as man co products. Damn the cosmetics comes from crates from manco crates also

oh also unrelated to the thing i realized that the "isnt canon because it isnt in the comics section" was kinda out of context because it was in the update comics because welp it was a update comics. and also there was official valve update comics

and also you need to prove that with evidence or else that is a burden proof

What is making it canon then? It's not relevant or have any bearing on the story, so for what reason is it canon?
1. stop implying that "isnt important so isnt canon" logic doesnt make any sense
2. the fact that it was promoted by valve, the cosmetics exists in the game (as i alredy explained cosmetics are canon and gameplay are canon)
3. Gameplay that doesnt contradict the lore, Comics, SFM videos from valve and the SFM of end of the line and the alien thing. also stop acting like if the cosmetics are canon then that makes the lore break down

Fan-made things aren't made by Valve or physically integrated into the story. Where is the alien invasion mentioned in the comics? If someone can make a cosmetic item telling us that gameplay is non-canon and to just have fun with it that would then be canon to you, would it not?
See above for the answer like literally is rigth up this text

Also why it would be in no comic would make sense mention "oh yeah renember the time that heavy stopped a train" or "renember the time we fougth alines"

Is DaReaperMan a mod? Is Maverick Zero a mod? I'm honestly getting really sick of this.
Okay that was my fault i should put friends instead of mods

Wait guys I found this totally legit scout feat where he knocks away a building really far away with a punch. it was a secret link on the website that I found yesterday trust me.
jhVOYwP.png

But on a serious note I haven't really been reading this thread so I'm not really sure what is being discussed at the moment (sorry if something was already brought up) are we still talking about 9-A or just what's canon? there seems to be versions of the meet the medic feat that are 9-A And 9-B, and some other feats. so would something like this work?

"Wall level, likely Small building level at peak: Tanked this explosion while injured, | Small building: more durable than before"

also I saw a Calc that put vaporizing robots at a large building level. Could it be used for vaporization weaponry?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back