• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tatsumaki creates an earthquake.

Probably should be noted that this was wounded Tatsumaki and she was fighting her sister so this is a relatively casual feat.

As for who it could scale to, most likely Orochi and Golden S, that is if this even adds anything significant to her profile.

It's how the Japanese measure earthquakes. I didn't know much about it but figured someone more knowledgeable could figure it out.

Tetsucabrah said:
It's how the Japanese measure earthquakes. I didn't know much about it but figured someone more knowledgeable could figure it out.
https://www.hp1039.jishin.go.jp/eqchreng/at2-3.htm

Explanatio​

0​

No feeling. Shocks too weak to be felt by humans, registered only by seismographs.

Not felt unless shaking is felt by the body, even when a hanging object is seen to be slightly swinging or some rattling is heard.

I​

Slight. Extremely weak shocks felt only by persons at rest or by those who are very sensitive to earthquakes.

Shaking is slightly felt when a person is quiet, but the duration is not long. The shaking is not frequently felt when a person is standing.

II​

Weak. Shocks felt by most persons, slight shaking of doors and Japanese sliding doors (shoji).

Hanging objects are seen to move, and slight shaking is felt even when a person is standing, but it is generally not felt when a person is moving. Occasionally a person can be awakened.

III​

Rather strong. Slight shaking of houses and buildings, rattling of doors and Japanese sliding doors (shoji). The water surface of a vessel can be seen to ripple.

Felt to be slightly surprising, and sleeping persons wake up, but they do not run outside or feel afraid. Many people outside feel it, but some pedestrians may not.

IV​

Strong. Strong shaking of houses and buildings, overturning of unstable objects, and spilling of liquids out of vessel. Felt by walking people outdoors, and many people inside rush outdoors. Considerable swinging of hanging objects such as light bulbs.

Sleeping people jump out of bed, and feel afraid. Electric poles and trees are seen to shake. Some roofing tiles of general houses may slip out of place, but serious damage does not occur yet. Slight dizziness is felt.

V​

Very strong. Cracks in the walls, overturning of gravestones, stone lanterns etc., damage to chimneys and stone fences.

It is considerably difficult to remain standing. In houses, slight damage is generally sustained. A soft ground can split or break. Unstable furniture falls over.

VI​

Disastrous. Collapse of less than 30% of all houses, landslide, and fissures in the ground. Most people cannot stand.

It is difficult to walk, and one has to crawl to move.

VII​

Very disastrous. Collapse of more than 30% of all houses, intense landslide, large fissures in the ground, and faults.

Yeah I did look it up but I wasn't sure if it would translate to anything AP wise.

I didn't see anything about this particular feat on her profile so I wanted to see it analyzed.

Tetsucabrah said:
Yeah I did look it up but I wasn't sure if it would translate to anything AP wise.
I didn't see anything about this particular feat on her profile so I wanted to see it analyzed.
If the Earthquake was caused by her and according to that scan, the fact that person stated that any earthquakes measure less than a 6 on the Shinso Scale (Assuming of course they are referring to that measurement for Japanese earthquakes) shouldn't be affected that earthquake-proof building so I assume this Earthquake might be on a lower scale as in more like a localized Earthquake.

Well it's hard to tell how large the affected area is due to being in the webcomic, but it is affecting the city that was built by Metal Knight. I need to find the manga scan of how big that is.

The absolute strongest value in our earthquake chart for radiated waves is 6-C+ so this feat is likely not even going to be a decent supporting let alone and upgrade. But I guess there's no harm in trying to figure it out anyway.

Andytrenom said:
The absolute strongest value in our earthquake chart for radiated waves is 6-C+ so this feat is likely not even going to be a decent supporting let alone and upgrade. But I guess there's no harm in trying to figure it out anyway.
It could be scaled to Golden Sperm and Orochi who are currently only sitting at 7-B.

Our earthquake chart is magnitude based, but if this is causing Shindo Scale 6 effects from far enough away, it could be higher than the highest we have on our chart.

A magnitude 6 earthquake is only like 7C.

IDK how much higher the Shindi Scale is but it needs to be massive for any real upgrade to happen.

Schnee One said:
A magnitude 6 earthquake is only like 7C.

IDK how much higher the Shindi Scale is but it needs to be massive for any real upgrade to happen.
This is assuming of course we using the said Richer Magnitude Scale though.

In my case I am

It's probably higher then that, but the difference between 7C and 7B is huge and probably not upgrade worthy

This isn't on the Richter scale. It's on an intensity scale, ascale that measures the damages of shaking, nor a magnitude scale.

Above a 6 on the Shindo Scale is roughly comparable to a 10 to 12 on the mercalli scale.

The energy of the earthquake depends on how far away it was felt as a 6, so do we know how far away Tatsumaki was?

Andytrenom said:
So is there a way to calc this feat?

I believe she's directly underground. It's like some lower level prison for monsters. I'll reread that again.

Back