• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Earthquake reduction

Well, earthquakes can come randomly inside a city and the buildings remain somewhat intact.
Can you give me a case where a magnitude 5 earthquake happened under a building and it was intact?

Because the magnitude at the epicenter is many times higher than the magnitude at the edge, from where we take the formula.

It is because there is no damage at the epicenter that I suggest using the earthquake baseline

Friend, these are still different situations. You're talking to me about buildings that are within an earthquake radius.
I'm telling you about the building inside which is the epicenter of the earthquake.

The magnitude at the epicenter is always many times higher than at a distance

Buddy, I don't know if you know, but the further away from the epicenter, the lower the magnitude. If you are very far away from something with magnitude 6 you can just feel it as a magnitude 4, and therefore for you it will be a magnitude 4 and will be classified as such. If a site says "The building withstands a Upper 5 magnitude without difficulty" the site will be considering the epicenter

Buddy, I don't know if you know, but the further away from the epicenter, the lower the magnitude.
It's literally the same as what I wrote above.
If you are very far away from something with magnitude 6 you can just feel it as a magnitude 4, and therefore for you it will be a magnitude 4 and will be classified as such. If a site says "The building withstands a Upper 5 magnitude without difficulty" the site will be considering the epicenter
The fact that a building can withstand a magnitude 5 is remarkable.
Only now the magnitude at the epicenter will be much higher than five.

Moreover, the main problem is that the epicenter is not located next to the arena, but directly in it. It's like surviving a grenade that explodes next to you and a grenade that explodes inside you.

With a magnitude of 5, there should be destruction right at the epicenter.

I think NikHelton is trying to say that a magnitude 7 earthquake (at the epicenter) wouldn't hit these buildings with a magnitude 7 wave.

If a magnitude 5 earthquake were to happen right inside a building, it would probably blow several city blocks away.

Still, if you want to use magnitude 5 earthquake for the calc, I would just recommend using a chart and compare the effects it has on the environment, and choose the appropriate magnitude that would correspond to those effects.

I think NikHelton is trying to say that a magnitude 7 earthquake (at the epicenter) wouldn't hit these buildings with a magnitude 7 wave.

If a magnitude 5 earthquake were to happen right inside a building, it would probably blow several city blocks away.
I suggest 4 and 4.5 magnitude as a lowball.

However, given that no one has called it an earthquake, I suggest further use of the vibration of the mountain.

Still, if you want to use magnitude 5 earthquake for the calc, I would just recommend using a chart and compare the effects it has on the environment, and choose the appropriate magnitude that would correspond to those effects.
There was no damage to the buildings at all. People didn't fall. So it should be between 4 and 4.9 according to the diagram

Earthquake-resistant buildings do move by the way, they are designed to bend, sway, and deform in such a way that the earthquake's power is absorbed and resisted.

So it's not as if the earthquake is not moving the resistant building, or that a stronger earthquake would be required to make it move at all, these buildings are made to move with the earthquake, not to be completely impervious to it.

Last edited:
Между прочим, сейсмостойкие здания движутся, они спроектированы таким образом, чтобы изгибаться, раскачиваться и деформироваться таким образом, чтобы сила землетрясения поглощалась и сопротивлялась.

Так что дело не в том, что землетрясение не смещает устойчивое здание, или что для того, чтобы оно вообще сдвинулось, требуется более сильное землетрясение, эти здания созданы для того, чтобы двигаться вместе с землетрясением, а не быть полностью невосприимчивыми к нему.
Will using magnitude 4 and 4.5 be a safe end?

I'll try to look at other Arena sizes when I get home

Okay, the image of the arena is too unstable. Ultimately, the height of the arena ranges from 18 to 100 meters. So I think your option is better suited for use.

Last edited:
Okay, the image of the arena is too unstable. Ultimately, the height of the arena ranges from 18 to 100 meters. So I think your option is better suited for use.
See actually I was gonna bring that, I'd suggest making a separate thread for the arena size itself for the Kengan Dome since it's all over the place. The best alternative is to find the most consistent end / the mid end.

See actually I was gonna bring that, I'd suggest making a separate thread for the arena size itself for the Kengan Dome since it's all over the place. The best alternative is to find the most consistent end / the mid end.
Of course you can do it, but it seems to me that the current result is the most average. At least we can't make it bigger, since we have a lot of shots where we see how small the cars seem compared to the arena. This would give her a height of 18-25 meters. And there are actually a lot of such shots. So the current value is the best we can go with

Briefly about the problems of pixel scaling.

On the first scan, we can scale the Colosseum as 10 times larger than the Arena and get a size of 400 meters.
On the second scan, we scale the arena from a car and get a diameter of 40-50 meters. And regarding the size of the arena - the same story. It constantly ranges from 10 meters in diameter to 50.

XFqmFrqlMC8.jpg
vtOBLS07odY.jpg

It looks like both members of the calculation team are fine with both versions of the feat.

What value will we use for profiles?
I'd say the Vibration method is probably the safest for Wakatsuki's feat. So I'll place the Kengan revisions on hold for now (Asura, I already have the Omega scaling and such planned, just gotta readjust it after this.)

Julius's and Wakatsuki's feats should probably be calculated using whatever method is appropriate and I have another feat in mind that I gotta dig up again that needs a calculation.

Yeah I stopped really caring as much about which to use after hearing Therefir's stance on this so I'm fine with whatever the supporters pick

I hope we don't revisit the earthquakes in Kengan again, at least until new ones are shown to us.

Because the only thing that looked like an earthquake was in the battle between Julius and Toa Mudo.

However, the maximum that we saw was a trembling glass of water, so a magnitude 5 is out of the question.

I'd say the Vibration method is probably the safest for Wakatsuki's feat. So I'll place the Kengan revisions on hold for now (Asura, I already have the Omega scaling and such planned, just gotta readjust it after this.)

Julius's and Wakatsuki's feats should probably be calculated using whatever method is appropriate and I have another feat in mind that I gotta dig up again that needs a calculation.
What feat are we talking about? I could calculate it later.

Tell me, can I use wind pressure to calculate the shock wave? Wakatsuki and Julius created a stream of wind with their fists, which spread to the entire arena. If I find the value of its pressure, can I use it for the equation?
You could probably use the ground level explosion formula, but instead of the standard 20 psi, use 1 psi, or 0.06895 bars.

Doesn't yield anything good though. At most it'd be like High 8-C

According to this calculator, the air pressure that has passed the radius of the arena in 1 second (160 m/sec) is 0.1536 bar (15360 Newtons/meter ^2)

This would give us the result:

160^3*((27136*0,1536+8649)^(1/2)/13568-93/13568)^2 = 9 Tons of TNT (High 8-C+)

However, if we use lower time ends, the result will be higher.

Time = 0.75 seconds;
Speed = 213 m/sec;
Pressure =0.27221bar;

160^3*((27136*0,27221+8649)^(1/2)/13568-93/13568)^2 = 25 Tons of TNT (8-B)

If this is accepted, it will give the shock wave formula a new life

Anything less than a second is pretty dubious to me, hence why I said it would be High 8-C at most

Back