• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sword of Gryffindoor downgrade

As a huge fan of HP it pains me to do this but...

Harry only killed the Basilisk because he managed to stab the sword through it's brain, instantly killing it. It wasn't done with brute force or energy blasts or anything like that so I don't think it should be scaled.

If, say, a human-level knight stabbed a mountain-sized dragon into their heart and killed it, then surely it wouldn't be powerscaled either as the knight had to rely on the weapon being sharp and stabbing the dragon in a weak spot rather than actual power.

Even though i agree with you, the sword of Gryffindoor is still powerful enough to destroy Horcruxes.

Kkapoios said:
Even though i agree with you, the sword of Gryffindoor is still powerful enough to destroy Horcruxes.
Only due to having basilisk venom in it, which the Horcruxes are weak to.

This has been bugging me for the longest time. I agree with the Sword being downgraded.

KaenDragneel123 said:
But, is he can penetrate the Basilisk's head, the Sword shouldn't be Building level any way?
The Basilisk is only building level by sheer size. It has nothing to do with the toughness of it's skin. A generic blade could have done the same thing for all we know.

The Basilisk isn't really big enough to be building level though, I'd say Room to Small Building would be more accurate.

Darkanine said:
The Basilisk isn't really big enough to be building level though, I'd say Room to Small Building would be more accurate.
How big does something have to be to be considered building level here?

Basalisk hide is msupposedly strong and magical resistant enough that people make expensive armor out of it like they do with dragon hide, but its not something thats quantified.

A Sword Dancer said:
Basalisk hide is msupposedly strong and magical resistant enough that people make expensive armor out of it like they do with dragon hide, but its not something thats quantified.
That seems to be true, but as you said it is unquantifiable.

Jucaslucas said:
All these years, and I still don't get how something that big could travel through the pipes of the school.
As we could see from the film, the "pipes" (more like a sewage system) are big enough to fit it.

Back