• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Moonshadow137

He/Him
It's just me or Drogon looks a lot like the Hungarian Horntail? Well, let's see if Potter thinks it so.

Harry has his broom (Firebolt) and wand, but not the Invisibility Cloak. Fight takes place in an open field, and I think I'm not equalizing speed yet, but we'll see how it goes. Starting distance of 10 meters. Otherwise, SBA applies.

Harry Potter: 1 (Acer__)

Drogon:

Incon:

Last edited:
What does Harry usually start with? How strong are his magic and shields? How fast is his flying broom?

Firebolt flies up to 150 mph. If he's trying to actually win he would probably open with something like Confringo (which is a fire blast Drogon would most likely resist) and then swap to spells like Reducto (which would either disintegrate or explode the target on contact) or Petrificus Totalus for incapacitation (full body paralysis).

Harry's AP with magic can get up to 8-C when serious (around 0.3 tons) and his dura can get up to High 8-C as defensive magic is usually more powerful than offensive magic in HP (should be around 2.71 tons for blocking spells from Voldemort)

Reducto works on characters that are stronger than Harry's magic? Can Harry use shields while riding Firebolt? Can your shields slow down heat or air shockwaves? Do all spells have the same range? By the way, what is the starting distance?

He can use shields while riding the broom, yes, and shielding from "shockwaves", fire blasts and the likes is rather common in HP, they're both very standard means of attack iirc. Let's go with a starting distance of 10 metres.

Seeing that Harry can react to things moving as fast as his fire bolt, which has a speed of 150 mph or around 67 m/s, he should be decently above Drogon in reactions.

I’ll vote for Harry here, his shield spells could block many harmful attacks, and from what I’ve seen his shielding can block 3.14 tons of tnt, so he’s faster in reactions and can easily make shielding for himself if that goes south. And his shields are higher then both the dragons KE and the fire breaths AP.

Now that we’re done with defensive options, we can look at offensive ones. Firstly Harry has a long list of potential spells that can help him in small ways, like the spell Muffiato, which will fill the dragon’s ears preventing hearing, or Langlock, which glues the dragons tongue to its mouth, which will make the fire breath harder to use, and stupefy for momentary stun.
For more direct options we have sectumsempra a spell which will create many gashes on the dragon when used, or the apply names shooting spell, which to the surprise of everyone, shoots an attack. Finally for an option that can be used if truly needed we have Depulso which can potentially remove Drogon from the field enough for a win (I believe the timeframe is one week) as the open field isn’t specified by given Drogon’s speed of “faster then horses” it will likely take a long time if sent somewhere very far.

And there are even more Defodio will gouge out large chunks, enfrigo which will explode things, and entomorphis, which if successful, will turn Drogon into a bug. While the dragon does have resistance to magic, making certain spells harder, I’m sure that not all of these options will be cancelled out, especially the simple ones like Sectumsempra and Defodio

I’ll vote for Harry here, his shield spells could block many harmful attacks, and from what I’ve seen his shielding can block 3.14 tons of tnt, so he’s faster in reactions and can easily make shielding for himself if that goes south. And his shields are higher then both the dragons KE and the fire breaths AP.
Harry's shields are magical, and Dragonfire can destroy structures, such as the Wall, protected with powerful anti-magic spells. Besides that, the AP difference isn't that much, Drogon's fire breath has an AP of 2.5189 tons and Harry's shields have 2.71 tons (according to Moonshadow137). Therefore, Harry's shields will most likely not hold up against Dragonfire.
Langlock, which glues the dragons tongue to its mouth, which will make the fire breath harder to use
How does this work? Since Drogon's fire breath does not come out of his throat but from some holes that are on the sides of his tongue, which doesn't interfere.
For more direct options we have sectumsempra a spell which will create many gashes on the dragon when used
Drogon has already endured something similar to that when tens or even hundreds of Wights climbed on top of him and began to cut him with swords and other sharp weapons.
Finally for an option that can be used if truly needed we have Depulso which can potentially remove Drogon from the field enough for a win (I believe the timeframe is one week) as the open field isn’t specified by given Drogon’s speed of “faster then horses” it will likely take a long time if sent somewhere very far.
Drogon's speed in his profile is shit, in the show several times he has traveled thousands of kilometers in a few hours; the same with his reactions, Drogon has consistently dodged several arrows and ballista projectiles. How far does the spell take him?
While the dragon does have resistance to magic, making certain spells harder, I’m sure that not all of these options will be cancelled out
Drogon's durability is greater than Harry's AP with his magic, added to his magic resistance, Drogon will be able to withstand many spells.

Being able to go through magically protected castles is nice and probably helps, but it won't be that useful if we don't have any feats to scale that "magical protection" from, so assuming it would penetrate Harry's shields seems a bit of a stretch. Harry could also try and maneuver around the fire mid-air, he has done similar things before, and I think Firebolt is faster than Drogon.

I do, however, agree that Drogon would likely be able to tank a good amount of spells before being killed, though I don't think his magic resist applies to hax such as paralysis inducement from Petrificus Totalus and the likes.

Being able to go through magically protected castles is nice and probably helps, but it won't be that useful if we don't have any feats to scale that "magical protection" from, so assuming it would penetrate Harry's shields seems a bit of a stretch.
The Wall was raised with magic and protected with powerful spells. Those spells protected it from the magic of the White Walkers and the Night King, which is so powerful that it can freeze the entire world. The Wall has repelled the Night King's magic for 8000 years, and Dragonfire destroyed it in just one minute.
Harry could also try and maneuver around the fire mid-air, he has done similar things before, and I think Firebolt is faster than Drogon.
Drogon's fire breath is very large, it can cover several tens of meters. For the speed there is this accepted calc that puts Drogon in Subsonic to Supersonic+, although it was never implemented because the KE part was invalid. There is currently a CRT in the works to change the speed of the dragons.
I do, however, agree that Drogon would likely be able to tank a good amount of spells before being killed, though I don't think his magic resist applies to hax such as paralysis inducement from Petrificus Totalus and the likes.
Drogon would withstand many of Harry's offensive spells thanks to his better durability and resistance to magic. And to the hax spells I guess it would reduce their effect a bit but they would still affect Drogon considerably.

The Wall was raised with magic and protected with powerful spells. Those spells protected it from the magic of the White Walkers and the Night King, which is so powerful that it can freeze the entire world. The Wall has repelled the Night King's magic for 8000 years, and Dragonfire destroyed it in just one minute.
I mean, the Night King's profile only lists him as 9-A with magic so that's not that much of a parameter I guess. Also, there's a point to be made about Viserion using fire to melt an ice wall made to repel ice magic.

From what I can see the calc is for travelling speed, not applicable to combat speed. But if such a CRT is in motion to upgrade the dragons then maybe we should wait for it to conclude before finishing this

I mean, the Night King's profile only lists him as 9-A with magic so that's not that much of a parameter I guess.
Because the feat hasn't been calculated, like a vast majority of feats I've been waiting for months, but still the statement that the Night King was going to freeze the entire world exists and it can't be ignored.
Also, there's a point to be made about Viserion using fire to melt an ice wall made to repel ice magic.
Viserion didn't melt the Wall, he literally destroyed it to pieces. And the Wall spells are never mentioned that they only work against ice magic.
From what I can see the calc is for travelling speed, not applicable to combat speed.
Dragons can dodge arrows and ballista projectiles while flying/travelling.
But if such a CRT is in motion to upgrade the dragons then maybe we should wait for it to conclude before finishing this
Agree

Back