• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sword Art Online Speed Downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wiki usually uses m/s, standardly.
If that is the case, I can quickly give m/s equivalents. I just checked the Speed article and assumed all available speeds shown on the table there were accepted as a standard. My initial draft was in km/s to keep the numbers readable, but then I realized it wasn't even on the table, so I switched to km/h ^^'

If that is the case, I can quickly give m/s equivalents. I just checked the Speed article and assumed all available speeds shown on the table there were accepted as a standard. My initial draft was in km/s to keep the numbers readable, but then I realized it wasn't even on the table, so I switched to km/h ^^'

Semi-unrelated, but is there seriously no way to scale Kirito to lightning timer? I understand this whole thing about Star King Kirito being stronger than his reappearance at the end of WoU (the final episode / chapter, depending on your frame of reference), but even then, there were times before both where Kirito beat Quinella, who deflected lightning from Cardinal.

This is what I got out of a converter, both low and high balls. Please, tell me I'm wrong.

KM_Converter_-_SAO_feats.png

KM_Converter_-_SAO_feats_2.png

I have added m/s equivalents.
Semi-unrelated, but is there seriously no way to scale Kirito to lightning timer? I understand this whole thing about Star King Kirito being stronger than his reappearance at the end of WoU (the final episode / chapter, depending on your frame of reference),
This has nothing to do with that. It's just a reminder for people to not be misled, however within the calculation, I have mentioned why this does not factor into the calculation at all
but even then, there were times before both where Kirito beat Quinella, who deflected lightning from Cardinal.
She didn't deflect lightning. Also, from my understanding, this calculation has nothing to do with reaction speed anyways. That was just a massive tangent we had with Fanatio vs Kirito scene.

She didn't deflect lightning. Also, from my understanding, this calculation has nothing to do with reaction speed anyways. That was just a massive tangent we had with Fanatio vs Kirito scene.

Oh, whoops, I'm misremembering. It was a form of beam struggle, correct?

But sure, it's a tangent at the moment. I just think certain parts of earlier arcs can still be considered knowing their structure. The entirety of Alicization proved that much by having Kirito basically rebuild his character, and his respective power levels etc., from the ground up (at least, that's how I saw the series).

Oh, whoops, I'm misremembering. It was a form of beam struggle, correct?

But sure, it's a tangent at the moment. I just think certain parts of earlier arcs can still be considered knowing their structure. The entirety of Alicization proved that much by having Kirito basically rebuild his character, and his respective power levels etc., from the ground up (at least, that's how I saw the series).
No, it was Cardinal who blasted the Sword Golem with lightning. She specifically was not aiming at Quinella. But again, that is completely off topic.

No, it was Cardinal who blasted the Sword Golem with lightning. She specifically was not aiming at Quinella. But again, that is completely off topic.

I was referring to this but ok. It's clear we have different frames of reference.

(Episode 13, for those curious. Luminous and Umbran elements were specifically called.)

LBS.png

Hi there!

It's a downgrade all right. I am new here, so I am not exactly familiar with how exactly you are going to proceed, but the conclusions portion of my blog should give you an idea.

Currently, Star King Kirito is falsely categorized as FTL based on incorrect information. My goal is to correct that, however since we do not have exact measures to calculate Kirito off of, I have provided as much information as possible and concluded that we can establish a "potential highest speed possible" as a ceiling.

Currently, Star King Kirito is falsely categorized as FTL based on incorrect information. My goal is to correct that, however since we do not have exact measures to calculate Kirito off of, I have provided as much information as possible and concluded that we can establish a "potential highest speed possible" as a ceiling.

If I may, Post-Aincrad Kirito's VS page has 5 sub-sections, with the Alicization arc having 4 categories. If these speed downgrades are indicative of the entire series, with Kirito being the only one with an in-universe win to his name against one of, if not the series only true god tier, would it not do us minimum service to do speed scaling for ever version of Kirito from post-Aincrad to now? Or by Mothers Rosario, are we merely beating a dead horse?

Well, after we reach conclusions here, somebody who knows how to edit properly and understands how to apply relevant explanations to the profile pages also needs to apply the accepted changes to all of the affected pages.

Finding people willing and able to do so can be a challenge and take a long time sometimes.

If I may, Post-Aincrad Kirito's VS page has 5 sub-sections, with the Alicization arc having 4 categories. If these speed downgrades are indicative of the entire series, with Kirito being the only one with an in-universe win to his name against one of, if not the series only true god tier, would it not do us minimum service to do speed scaling for ever version of Kirito from post-Aincrad to now? Or by Mothers Rosario, are we merely beating a dead horse?
These changes are indicative of the topic at hand. One step at a time, there is a lot of work to do.

Final excerpt about Kirito's personal Dragon Jet has been translated and added into the blog post. With that, the post is complete unless further changes are recommended.

bruh you didn't even check where DMUA downgrades his Tier 4 calc to 5-A
Yeah, well that's because I usually tend to stay away from verses I know I don't like

It's just better for the fans of the verse that someone who is indifferent towards the series gives them the help they need

Just a reminder that accuracy is most important, not spite or favoritism.

I think we can just, go ahead and apply this if we haven't already
We should probably be clear about what exactly is being applied.

Kirito down to Superhuman speed for moving 15 meters in an instant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back