• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman (Pre-Crisis) vs Thanatos

I'm not an expert on Pre Crisis Superman, and only know the basic, general and generic Superman powers (if it was a more recent Superman I might be able to give a better scope), but does Superman have protection against Atomic Destruction? Thanatos has seemingly equal stats physically, but more hax and non physical techniques. I'm assuming speed is equal too. So for now, I'd say Thanatos due to atomic destruction and hax, and also because I don't know the full extent of Pre-Crisis Supes right now. Regen + inventing Super powers could possibly even out the scale or give him the win, but I don't know how well his regen is or the extent of "inventing new super powers" is.

While i can't recall any superman foe right now that may have atomic destruction(quite possibly few might),But superman has quite a few good durability feats,like tanking true darkseid's omega beams,which erase things from existence,Also in TDKR(pre crisis)superman regenerated from a special nuke made by batman,which had reduced him to near skeleton.as for the advantages i see for superman in this fight are

1-His general invulnerability to basically any reality warping,he seems to have a knack to be not reality warped,much like how time trapper(a low 2c being)was unable to remove superman from any timeline he tried for a possibly infinite amount of times.

2-Sheer speed of peak pre crisis superman,a peak pre crisis superman is as fast,if not faster than any flash at peak,which is quite amazing,considering,flash can go infinite-immeasureable speed.

Also superman has hypnotised and compelled Mister Mxyzptlk to rematerialise his full body and say his own name backwards and go away,who is a fifth dimensional being and a high 2A

Also,supermans inventing superpower ability isn't used in VSbattles,because of blatant NLF

Thanatos. He's a great deal faster than Pre-Crisis unless that latter has already accelerated and he can induce death onto Superman. Going with Thanatos.

Superman is actually faster, which is the only reasoning saying Supes. The acceleration thing is a downplay (not on you Tivanenk. I know you just read it somewhere) and even then, his non-acceleration is faster, and Supes could BFR Thanatos with blitz or simply hypnotize Thanatos.

How is Supes faster than Thanatos? Show me where he reached in the range of sextillion to septillion times the speed of light.

Also, I doubt hypnosis would work since other characters resisted even greater mind screw (such as Garuda Suikyo resisting Abel's Demon Emperor's Fist and Ikki's Phoenix Illusion Demonic Fist)

Back