• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superhuman Physical Characteristics: Is It Necessary?

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Hey there. So... This might be a long, hard question to ask. Is it really necessary to list Superhuman Physical Characteristics as an ability? I mean it is understandable if we were to refer to human (ex. Solid Snake) and and other mortal characters (ex. Sonic), but with gods (ex. Anubis), it kinda sounds like the biggest "No S***, Sherlock!" thing to point out. It just feels that way.

Not all characters have this, and all things considered it's probably one of the most important ability to have, so yeah. Plus splitting between "mortals" and "gods" is arbitrary, especially since not all gods have this ability.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Not all characters have this, and all things considered it's probably one of the most important ability to have, so yeah. Plus splitting between "mortals" and "gods" is arbitrary, especially since not all gods have this ability.
True, although it does get parroted a lot even though we have speed and two different strength ratings (Lifting and Striking Strength) listed as separate profile categories.

Oh wow, just found this. Superhuman physical characteristics is something already shown by the tiering system. Factoring it in with abilities which are all hax separated from the rest of the powers makes no sense. It is just a waste of space if anything.

First of all, not everyone gets their tier through physical strength and secondly, even if it they did it wouldn't change the fact that it's an ability they possess so obviously should be listed as such.

I guess this power applies for any character that´s physically 9-C or above?

Edit: Oh NVM, the page now includes that detail.

Andytrenom said:
First of all, not everyone gets their tier through physical strength and secondly, even if it they did it wouldn't change the fact that it's an ability they possess so obviously should be listed as such.
That's the thing; there's already three profile categories that make "Superhuman Physical Characteristics" redundant: Lifting Strength, Striking Strength, and Speed. I'd include Durability, too, but I'm not sure how that would fit.

I get that you don't need the ability listed to figure out if someone has it, but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with listing it. The P&A section serves the purpose of listing any superpower the character has, so it only makes sense to include enhanced physical capabilities if a character has those as his powers.

I also don't see any actual gain that would come if the standard was different or any actual problems that come with doing things this way, so I am fine with the current standard.

Stats and abilities are two seperate categories alltogether. I pretty much explained that here. Greater strength is not a superpower.

I dont think their is anything majorly wrong with listing it. But it does take up unnecesarry space, tells what we know and is just something everyone slaps on every character profile they edit without even looking into it (unless they have no superhuman traits) because it doesnt even really matter if they missed out on one of the traits like lifting strength because it doesnt affect the profile in the slightest.

>Greater strength is not a superpower

Okay, not to sound rude but are you really going to argue that Super Strength is not a superpower?

>It takes unnecessary space

It takes 3 words full of space, that's hardly anything

>Is just something everyone slaps on every character profile without even looking

That's the users' fault, not the ability's

It is a super power to some degree. However it is something that can only be shown through statistical measurements (unlike a skill or a talent which is something you simply have to an extent which is what falls under the abilities section as explained in that line) and not being stated as a superpower. Spc is just a mashup of 4 of these powers. Not a power on its own.

Also takes extra time to edit and due to the length of the words it makes the abilities section slightly longer when combined with other unnecessary stats. Although it isnt a major problem, it is still an unnecessary add on/bullet pointer that isnt even needed.

They do this because nobody is going to search through all 4 powers and research what extent they do each one just for an ability which will have no effect on combat. Due to the unimportance, everyone just sees one of their stats, recognises it as superhuman and slaps it on. It is just an example of how needless the ability is. Heck, the majority of people with this have unknown lifting strength and they are not given this ability. And lets face it, nobody is going to make an announcement thread telling people not to do this. Because there are no real mandatory standards needed to be put in place

Honestly the only things taken from statistics that i can understand being added to the abilities section is omnipresence and omniscience since omnipresence is a physical state of being rather than an technical level of speed and omniscience is an ability which affects the state of intelligence.

Also I have know why i am making a big deal out of this... Since we cant do anything like deleting the page and scripting away words with broken links, should we just close this?

Back