• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

CRT for potentially upgrading Superhuman Physical Characteristics

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 days ago, I've asked on why Superhuman Physical Characteristics is the way it is (Archived) & pointed out that the average joe's highest feats are 9-C by blunt force. I'll deliver on my word that I'll make a CRT (Content Revision Thread) based on my updated view on the human's attacks & durability. Any arguments/criticism on these attacks would be appreciated:

Striking Strength: Street Class?

Body Slams: It doesn't go up to 1000 J+ usually even if we use average men. (Will be removed in the future)

Hysterical Strength: There's been rare occasions of (Archived) human super strength (Archived). The reason I would likely tier the human of using 100% instead of 65% strength 10-A to 9-C is because of calculating a punch based off of the fact that 65*1.5384615385=100, is 70*1.5384615385=107.6923077 J or 74.36548327*1.5384615385=114.4084358 J. There's also the fact that you over exert yourself when using 100% of your strength, causing fractures (Archived).

Kicks: Our legs are notable for to keep the person standing, walking, running & more leg activities for long periods of time (Archived). They're faster than punches due to having large muscles & having to travel a longer distance (Archived). As a result, 2 calculations that I know of got to 9-C, I'm even surprised/impressed that they got to more than 1000 joules for SPC's striking strength. There was a street fight in Spain that involved people getting beaten, already kicked in the face (Archived). I think there's a feat of a gay man's face getting fractured by a kick, but I'll only link it if anyone's interested/ok with it. I mean it's a feat but things might get controversial, so that's why I'm holding back

Stomps: "Regardless of footwear and gender, it can be claimed that a forceful stomp or jump to someone's head supported on the ground can cause facial and skull fractures. Thus, forceful stomps or jumps to someone's head can cause potential fatal injuries independent of footwear, gender, or fitness level." (Archived) This fact is consistent with other incidents of people being stomped on the head & often ending up in the hospital. I managed to get 2 values that involved having over 1000 joules but they were high end values.

Human Bites:
Note: I know the link of bone durability (Archived).

Durability: Street level?

Taking 1 or more Bullets: Bullet wound & headshot survival depends on where you're shot, the speed of the bullet, & the caliber/size of the bullet (Archived). There are many reasons why the infamous headshot kills (Archived). If a bullet hits you in the vital organs (Archived), or incapacitates you by targeting the spine.(Archived), your mobility will significantly decrease & you'll likely die. But there's been cases of people being injured/killed by blank bullets (Archived). People in the past have survived gunshots (Archived), the wounds are undoubtedly painful & will bleed you to death or kill you in any other manner. I do have a dose of skepticism on the news sources from chances of bias & info corruption, but that's what I've got. Although I wouldn't be surprised since there's many studies of stress (Archived) decreasing performance of police's shooting accuracy & that with training, the LAPD can have a hit rate of 48%. It's likely that a human in general can take multiple small caliber bullets before dying (From a study, high caliber rounds (.357 magnum, .40, .44 magnum, .45, 10 mm, & 7.62 by 39 mm) killed the most with an odds ratio of 4.54, medium caliber (.38, .380, & 9 mm) had an odds ratio of 2.25, & small caliber rounds (.22, .25, & .32) killed the least. Small caliber rounds were determined to cause the least death & was announced that replacing guns with small caliber rounds will lessen homicides by 39.5% (Archived)). Orbitals (Archived) & Preorbitals (Archived) are targeted in failed suicide attempts (Archived), most of the failed recorded suicide attempts had low caliber bullets.

Surviving knife attacks: Knives are sharp but slower than bullets. Some types can cut through bone. 20 individuals died from a knife attack while 100 out of the 120 individuals received hospital treatment after being assaulted with a knife between February 1992 & December 1996 in the United Kingdom (Archived). If the knife slices/stabs/shanks you in the vital organs (Archived), or incapacitates you by targeting the spine. (Archived), your mobility will significantly decrease & you'll likely die.

Note: Piercing wounds can usually be explained by staff/members here.

I just found it odd that the average human's strongest attacks can be considered superhuman by wiki standards (Jan 30, 2022).

I'll propose some potential changes (may be rejected):
  • Speed: Faster than 12.34 m/s. (Where did this value come from? An answer would be appreciated besides this link (Jan 30, 2022)(Archived). If you look at the link of where Bolt's fastest speed comes from, it's max velocity is 12.34 m/s on pdf pg 8. If anyone can find where wikipedians got the 12.42 m/s or 100 m/8.051529791 s from, it would satisfy me)
  • Lifting Strength: Over 501 kg (Unchanged, I mean people usually deadlift, not backlift.)
  • Striking Strength: At least Street Class+ (This raises the standards to where any 9-C average human attack isn't superhuman. Even a regular human on 100% strength will barely reach it. Although due to bones being Street level+ at most, I'm open to Wall level raised standards)
  • Durability: Street level+ (Any regular human attack by the leg & the bone's durability usually don't get up this high. Although due to bones being Street level+ at most, I'm open to Wall level raised standards)
  • It's pretty late from where I live, so I'll respond the next morning or after school.
(Blog)
The levels of strength, speed or stamina significantly exceed what is theoretically feasible for a regular person. Examples include ability to move faster than the eye can see[1][2] (the human limit is about 10 m/s at short distances), or even at supersonic speed,[3] without any expense to self and without any gimmicks.

Requirements​

Last edited:
I should note some are obviously busy; DontTalkDT especially for the next 2 weeks via exams. But take as long as you need to look over this or any other ongoing stuff if needed.

Fastest punch is 45 mph BTW.

And Mike Tyson could punch with a force of 1600 joules, while one of his rivals, Frank Bruno was measured to punch with a force of 1420 ft-lbs in the same link, and ft-lbs directly converted to joules gives us 1925.261 J.

Bas Rutten could easily do over 1300 lbs of force.

Last edited:

And Mike Tyson could punch with a force of 1600 joules, while one of his rivals, Frank Bruno was measured to punch with a force of 1420 ft-lbs in the same link, and ft-lbs directly converted to joules gives us 1925.261 J.

I do have the source for a human kick's speed (60 mph) (Archived),

Also, there's a couple of sources & instances of people surviving getting trampled by crowds of people/a big animal also people die from asphyxiation in crowd tramples. With evidence of forces of more than 4500 N having occurred from fatal crowd incidents (Archived). The force is enough to bend steel but people have survived being trampled by crowds of people (Archived). Big animal tramples are more case to case. I'll plan to update the description to include stuff like attacks from big animals, getting trampled, etc.

Although who's really interested in the human's piercing durability feats (that is, unless if you can explain surviving piercing damage in many real world profiles)?

I do have the source for a human kick's speed (60 mph) (Archived), & the fastest kick of a football player: 80.1 mph or 129 km/h (Archived)

Also, there's a couple of sources & instances of people surviving getting trampled by crowds of people/a big animal also people die from asphyxiation in crowd tramples. With evidence of forces of more than 4500 N having occurred from fatal crowd incidents (Archived). The force is enough to bend steel but people have survived being trampled by crowds of people (Archived). Big animal tramples are more case to case. I'll plan to update the description to include stuff like attacks from big animals, getting trampled, etc.

Although who's really interested in the human's piercing durability feats (that is, unless if you can explain surviving piercing damage in many real world profiles)?

I do have the source for a human kick's speed (60 mph) (Archived),

Yeah, tramples can be very case-to-case, as for being rammed by big animals, there's always the linear momentum game to be played.

Now would be an infinitely good time to bring up the insane CBT feats and spear feats those Shaolin monks have under their belt that manage to get removed from YouTube every time I try to look, not one decent example left, every other one left is marred with the infamous XUE HUA PIAO PIAO song.

Yeah, tramples can be very case-to-case, as for being rammed by big animals, there's always the linear momentum game to be played.

Now would be an infinitely good time to bring up the insane CBT feats and spear feats those Shaolin monks have under their belt that manage to get removed from YouTube every time I try to look, not one decent example left, every other one left is marred with the infamous XUE HUA PIAO PIAO song.
I mean, I've researched into surviving bullet wounds & knife attacks because of these sources: https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/annual-number-of-deaths-by-cause (Archived), https://www.statista.com/statistics/195325/murder-victims-in-the-us-by-weapon-used/ (Archived). The real world usually uses physical blows as tier justifications.

Bullet wound survival depends on where you're shot, the speed of the bullet, & the caliber/size of the bullet. If it hits you in the vitals (organs), you're dead. But there's been cases of people being injured/killed by blank bullets (Archived). People in the past have survived gunshots (Archived), the wounds are undoubtedly painful & will bleed you to death or kill you in any other manner. I do have a dose of skepticism on the news sources from chances of bias & info corruption, but that's what I've got. It's likely that a human in general can take multiple small caliber bullets before dying (From a study, high caliber rounds (.357 magnum, .40, .44 magnum, .45, 10 mm, & 7.62 by 39 mm) killed the most with an odds ratio of 4.54, medium caliber (.38, .380, & 9 mm) had an odds ratio of 2.25, & small caliber rounds (.22, .25, & .32) killed the least. Small caliber rounds were determined to cause the least death & was announced that replacing guns with small caliber rounds will lessen homicides by 39.5% (Archived)). Orbitals (Archived) & Preorbitals (Archived) are targeted in failed suscide attempts (Archived). Some people survive bullets due to many factors like bullet speed, placement, etc. (Archived)

Knives are sharp but slower than bullets. Some types can cut through bone. 20 individuals died from a knife attack while 100 out of the 120 individuals received hospital treatment after being assaulted with a knife between February 1992 & December 1996 in the United Kingdom (Archived).

I'll probably edit these into the description of the thread later if I have the time.

I found a 12.21 m/s value for Bolt in the pdf file.
This is a source (Archived) that I've been using a lot for my conversions (although a more useful/dated version would be better considering that it's from 2008), including mph->m/s is (m/s)0.44704 & kph->m/s is (kph)0.2777778. Converting 27.33 mph (Archived) gives us 12.2176032 m/s & 43.99 kph (Archived) is 12.21944542 m/s based on the source for conversions. (Desmos Calculator (Works in ghostarchive))

45 mph: (WABAC)(Arc.vn)(ghoarc)
1600 joules: (WABAC)(Arc.vn)(ghoarc)
1300 lbs of force: (WABAC)(Arc.vn (video unarchivable))(ghoarc)
Hmmmmmmm, is that the speed of the actual leg+shin combo or is it the speed of the ball?

Also, I'm pretty sure the world record is 211-221 km/h by Ronny Heberson (Full list of such shots here).
here: (WABAC)(Arc.vn)(ghoarc)

It seems that I was blessed better by the search engine's algorithm, or I just have better probability manipulation.
(WABAC) (WABAC) (WABAC)
(ghoarc) (ghoarc) (ghoarc)

I found a 12.21 m/s value for Bolt in the pdf file.
Durability has been updated to include knives & bullets. Although I'm looking towards into feats of Shaolin Monks & Berserker vikings for peak human & Superhuman Physical Characteristics.

Note: There's new sources in the bullet part.

...Mike Tyson could punch with a force of 1600 joules, while one of his rivals, Frank Bruno was measured to punch with a force of 1420 ft-lbs in the same link, and ft-lbs directly converted to joules gives us 1925.261 J.

1 ft-lb (force) = 1.355818 J, (Desmos Calculator (Works in ghostarchive)).
Frank Bruno has 1420 lbf,
Rocky has 1000 ft-lb (1355.818 J) (Archived)
Mike Tyson has 44 knockouts (Archived), The article claims that Tyson had 1178 ft-lb (1597.153604 or 1600 J) how did the author get 1178 ft lb?

Wait, is it possible to convert this into Joules? The wiki usually follows Joules.
Well, if you can figure out the distance the punch travelled over, maybe? Since ft-lbs can actually be directly converted to joules.

So far I'm thinking...

I'll probably start listing some feats (or anti feats) of human durability against big animals, although I'll plan on doing a CRT on most of these big animals just to increase the quality of their individual pages:
Elephant: An old man at the age of 68 did survive an elephant charge & a pieced tusk to the knee, he was later sent flying (Archived)
Hippos: HIppos can crush skulls with their bites (Archived), crush a watermelon with (Archived) a bite (Archived), cut a person in half with their teeth (Archived), swallow a person whole (Archived) snap a crocodile/canoe in half with razor sharp teeth, & kill 500 people a year (Archived). (Hippo Attacks (Archived))
Giraffes: Giraffes (Archived) can trample humans. Female Giraffes weigh up to 1500 lb while male Giraffes weigh 3000 lb (Archived)
Gaur: It has definite feats of terrorizing, easily killing & easily injuring humans in settlements. It’s big, heavy, & is preyed on by tigers, Dholes, Wild dogs & Leopards. It even made life threatening injuries onto 2 (Archived) people (Archived). Marappan is a definite candidate for the Darwin Award but also deserves the punishment he got. With what has been said, there’s no surviving an injury from even 1 Gaur at full strength.
Tiger: They’re fierce & deadly being able to take down (Archived) prey bigger & heavier than itself (Archived), frequently targeting the skull/cervical spine (Archived)/neck of it’s victims (Archived). There’s no way a human could solo a tiger without weapons like spears or guns. (More incidents (Archived))

Hippos snapping crocs in half is something I've never seen and always found a little hard to swallow. Sure the hippo's jaws are strong, but a croc's are even stronger and they can't do that kind of thing to each other unless a big croc targets a smaller one.

There's actually this revision that's agreed for real world animals ages ago, but I haven't found the time to apply the changes
Ok.
Hippos snapping crocs in half is something I've never seen and always found a little hard to swallow. Sure the hippo's jaws are strong, but a croc's are even stronger and they can't do that kind of thing to each other unless a big croc targets a smaller one.
I wouldn't be surprised if that happened that is, unless if you count traumatized as surprised, Hippos do swallow humans & have a strong bite force.

Unless if anyone here can convince us that humans are(n't) 9-B in durability, Street level+ (10,000 J)-Wall level SPC upgrade will be considered. I doubt this would be the case, we can barely survive head stomps & tramples from elephants. There's also a thread suggesting that humans can/are extremely rarely 9-B (Wall level) in attack potency.

(On a side note, pound-force per square inch (psi) (lbf/in2 ) .......... pascal (Pa) ............................................ 6.894 757 E+03 or psi(6894.757)=pascal or psi=(Pascal)/6894.757 (skulls can only handle 6.5 GPa, meaning that 6.5 GPa=942,745.3353 psi (is this wrong)?))

Last edited:
I remember a Ripley's believe it or not Book showing an average-sized croc getting torn apart by a full gang of hippos.

There's 2 definitions of superhuman, 1 is Vs Battles' definition: "The levels of strength, speed or stamina significantly exceed what is theoretically feasible for a regular person. Examples include ability to move faster than the eye can see (the human limit is about 10 m/s at short distances), or even at supersonic speed, without any expense to self and without any gimmicks." (Note that the definition of what's "significantly exceeding" depends on perspective, but we can determine what's more than a human could ever do) There's also the definition of what's beyond what a human can do (Archived).

You could make the argument & say that anyone can/could've trained themselves to be peak human, so if you choose peak human stats as a boundary line between non superhuman, & superhuman, then you get:
  • Speed: Faster than 12.34 m/s. (Faster than Usain Bolt in travel speed, but not in combat speed (unless if you want to include the human's punching & kicking speed here.))
  • Lifting Strength: Over 501 kg (Unchanged, I mean people usually deadlift, not backlift.)
  • Striking Strength: At least Street Class+ (Attacks are more than 10,000 Joules, stronger than peak humans in real life.)
  • Durability: At least Street level+ (Can withstand more force/energy than even the most densest bones, but can still be killed by things like spears, high-caliber rounds, etc.)
(Extra link to find where Wikipedia got 12.42 m/s or 44.72 kph or 27.78 mph)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back