• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superboy Prime is back

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
It seems like he was released from the Source Wall when Perpetua broke free, but was imprisoned again by ancient magicians.

The metafiction angle has also been kept.

RCO019 1579690083

He is probably just going to be an excuse for writers to strawman, distort, and ridicule any readers who disagree with DC's and Marvel's current editorial policies as usual. Still, I rather liked "Legion of Three Worlds".

Also, since Captain Marvel/Shazam is the character closest in tone to what Prime originally was, he is a good fit/contrast from a storytelling perspective.

Also, it seems like the thematic of SBP hating to be stuck in hostile fictional narratives is going to continue.

My best guess is that he only returned as an excuse for DC writers to attack and distort critics rather than having a conversation with them though.

I am not happy with their generally extremely hostile behaviour towards anybody who disagrees with them in the slightest. A democracy is based on the principle of being able to have civil rational conversations about important topics.

Can we please keep politics off of this? The controversy Prime causes simply via being Prime is more than enough here.

I think it was criticism to the writers; rather than the politics. Though, political controversies are a common concern in recent Marvel/DC Comics as of late. I agree that we should avoid in depth political controversy discussions however.

I was speaking more about general behaviour, but alright then.

Agreed. Bendis is a human wrecking ball who engineers propaganda, not entertainment, and destroys everything that he touches.

Back