• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Discussion 4

Also, I bought the fighter pass today + Piranha Plant (got eShop cards as a B-day gift) and there is absolutely no reason Piranha Plant should be this good.

My friends keep forgetting that G&W's down smas confirms into f-smash and it makes taking their stocks so easy jeez.

Plant's pretty bad in serious play iirc

If we use joules for this average then the average would technically be Tier 2, lol.

I mean I guess? Maybe.

DaBoiWhoOwnsMods said:
So, wait. On average, most of the Smash characters range from Star level to Universal outside of Smash?
A good chunk of the roster is Mario stuff (Which takes (excluding Dr. Mario) about 20 slots including Wario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong and each Koopaling (aka, Bowser Jr.´s costumes) in tier 4)

Slap the Kirby roster and you get 3 more tier 4s

Kid Icarus also means 3 more tier 4s

Cloud is 4-B...

Bayo is also tier 4

Olimar and Alph are only tier 4 with the spaceship, so they shouldn´t be counted here

Simon and Richter are also tier 4

Joker is also tier 4

The total of tier 4s at best? About 31...

Which is more than a third of the roster (About 8X different characters)

Rosalina does too and no one minds for some reason.

INB4 her Smash Attacks are actual miniature galaxies

Whoah, Phoenix made it #7? I didn't expect that. I'd like to have Sora, Bandana Dee and Phoenix, so hopefully at least one of them will make it into the game.

Phoenix is someone legimately unexpected, TBH.

And knowning Nintendo, if Sora got in, they would make his movement from scratch instead of inspirating from Super Smash Flash 2 Sora´s moveset.

Everyone's surprised at Phoenix Wright, with good reason.

Myself, I'm just surprised that The Knight was ranked higher than Sans. In fact, I'm surprised Sans didn't even make the list, even if he did come close.

Surprised that Steve is so high, assuming that the ballot was "Who do you want to see in", given I assumed that everyone was expecting, not wanting Steve in.

Also why the **** is Reimu higher than Sans.

Anyone have that one person in your life that you play against in Smash and everytime y'all fight, you brutalize the hell outta them then they start talking shit so start being disrespectful in your fights?

Adult Link. Hits hard, comparably balanced range/melee compared to the other two (fighting the other two makes me wish they just added Bomberman as a playable character to the game) and better alt costumes.

Young Link is currently the best Link IMO, but I think that BOTW Link's remote bombs have such amazing potential (they are like Peach's turnip and Snake's C-4 in one package) that he could definitely usurper Yink.

Me personally, I use the remote bomb much unless I'm looking to outright disrespect you for whatever reason by killing you with it at the end of the match or you're far enough off the stage that my bomb can reach you with no problem.

And if the guy dodges it and tries to rush you, just hit him with the MS's extended range, he gets knocked to the bomb, explode the bomb, then hit him with up-smash

Best disrespect with bombs that I can pull off

DaBoiWhoOwnsMods said:
What's the most 0 IQ play you've ever done?
I reversed warlock punched my friend who jumped toward me while reversing a falcon punch in the air - and my super armor tanked the falcon punch and I ended the game with the my warlock punch.

I don't know whether that is 0 IQ or 10000000 IQ, personally.

Using Judge instead of Up-B as G&W when I was falling off ledge.

What's worse is that I got a 9 and it ohk'd him so it actually did work.

^ If I'm not mistaken. it has to do with frame buffering or something like that. When you recover, you move to the side before using your Up-B, but the game is still acting on your sideways directional input. Melee was the opposite extreme, in which the game would just eat any input registered during an non-interruptible animation (such as most heavy attacks), not letting your input take affect even if the animation ended only a frame after you made your input during it.. Project M/Legacy has a great balance, but I don't remember how many frames each game uses for a buffer. I think PM uses around 3 frames, while Ultimate uses more like 10?

Or maybe I'm spouting nonsense due to not picking up a controller in a long while.

Back