• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Brothers Discussion Thread

pretty sure that Touhou is one of bigger franchises in all of japan i really doubt it's that unlikely for them to join smash

So I saw this video on my recommendations feed and even if it's highly unlikely IMO, it would be pretty cool to see some more Sonic characters even if personally I'd like to see Shadow come in first.
But what do you all think?

So I saw this video on my recommendations feed and even if it's highly unlikely IMO, it would be pretty cool to see some more Sonic characters even if personally I'd like to see Shadow come in first.
But what do you all think?
Well, ever since Sephiroth was revealed (and Min Min thanks to a now-broken spirit rule), I think Eggman would be one of the villain characters I'll like to see in Smash.

I hope but doubt it’s Dr. Eggman(a Sonic fan not willingly to hype themself up).

Tho, I also doubt it’s Master Chief because of how many Microsoft mascots we have.

Sora is looking very probable but Sephiroth just came from Square.

Hm...

Holy Shit! I know who's joining Smash! But don't spoil the Direct

Ive seen the reveal, and Im disappointed, tbh. Simply another Byleth reveal style imo.

How requested was Pyra?

Ngl the gimmick behind Pyra and Mythra being able to swap at a moment's notice and have different move sets plus final smashes is pretty cool for a swordsman/swordswoman so I'm okay with her inclusion.
plus they're both cute so it's an added bonus.

knock it off with that attitude, let people wish for who they want.
I do. And in no did I say it’s not 100% gonna happen. I’m telling them to keep their hopes down to not get disappointed. I saw the direct and the amount of disappointed people when the character was revealed.

I wanted Ryu Hayabusa, so it would be hypocritical of me to say “that character won’t happen”, just very unlikely.

I don't like nor care about Pyra, but despite whishing for new franchises to be happy, I was happy for Sephiroth and it would be hypocritical for me to be mad at Pyra.
Though, it's interesting they added a secondary character, and she's also a new full female rep, good for representation.

I’m more surprised honestly. Wasn’t thinking of a xenoblade character at all. I welcome that surprise.

tho you know how the “too many swords” people are gonna react to this.

@Ovrhide you think the reaction will be worse since the last revealed was also a swordsman? Of course I'd be lying if I didn't say I too felt annoyed by Byleth's inclusion but it's not an excuse to attack Sakurai and others who worked on the game

gurr burr another anime sword fighter
anyways yeah i didn't except xenoblade at all it's nice addition
also
tenor.gif

Last edited:
Well then. Now I feel a bit like I should try hurry up my Xenoblade 2 Revisions. Good to see Pyra and Mythra in though.

And welp....i didn't expected Pyra/Myhtra being a full playable char at all since i was expected Rex but in the end: WOOOOOOOH YEAH BABY THAT'S WHAT I WAITING FOR!

latest

Who I want for Smash:
A character from Capcom
Pretty darn iconic
Good in UMvC3
Is a swordsman
Also uses guns
Uses a wide assortment of weapons when that fails
Can stop time
Won a Death Battle
Has a badass super form
Has a metric ton of fangirls
Ended the '00s with 4 games in his series
Has a really cringey line when his antagonistic love interest dies
Had a long gap in between playable appearances until recently

The character is Zero. Picture unrelated.

Last edited:
Yeah, the reveal was a thing.

Not big on "waifu bait" games like Xenoblade 2 and modern FE, so..

But at with Sakurai's feelings about Rex when the game came out, I shouldn't be surprised.

I would also like Zero to be a thing, but only his Zero era appearance. Don’t like the bulky look on him.

Well, now the only things left for me are anyone from Castlevania (Alucard or Shanoa will be good) and Touhou

Low-key wanted any servants from Fate Series but i think its unlikely lel

Back