• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super-dimensional = 1-A? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I do not understand why the term super-dimensional/hyperdimensional, as in, chō jigen, necessarily equates to meaning beyond logically being able to be described as merely higher-dimensional, and must be unbound by the concept of dimensions. I'm having a hard time understanding why the Choushin are 1-A because of the term chō jigen when the verse only has 22 spatiotemporal dimensions. Is super-dimensional a term exclusive to 1-A characters? I have heard that Digimon have used the term chō jigen, and so is there a reason that Digimon are not 1-A?

What is the context for the Choushin?

"The crucial information for their statistics lies in the original Japanese terms. There is a fairly clear separation between Kō jigen (Ú½ÿµ¼íÕàâ) and Chō jigen (ÞÂർíÕàâ).

Kō jigen = higher dimensions = realms beyond understanding, beyond physics, but which can still be evaluated as existing and somehow justified logically (That is, you can call it 5-D or 10-D, etcetera).

Chō jigen (ÞÂർíÕàâ) = super dimension = It is not Kō jigen. This has a fundamental difference with Kō jigen, it does not exist in any sense as Kō jigen, it can not be logically justified as Kō jigen, and it is plainly said to be beyond Kō jigen (that is literally "beyond higher dimensions")."

I see this at the bottom of their page and I don't understand whether or not this term just always means this, and I don't even understand where this explanation came from.

Choushin and their world can not be literally estimated from the point of view of dimensional logic, they are not dimensional, they are not high-dimensional, they are not existing, they can not be described by any system, even if it is a high-dimensional system. In this case, the term superdimensional quite clearly stands for superiority over dimensional things as a whole, and this is clearly not synonymous with high-dimensional, but is something fundamentally transcendent.

This is not related to this term, it is related to the definition. But this term in this case is used precisely to draw a clear line between the high-dimensional and the dimensionless/super-dimensional.

In this case we speak exclusively about the in-universe term "Superdimensional", which in-universe means things that can not be conceptualized as high-dimensional. That's all. This has nothing to do with this term in any other verse.

Your initial question was about the term. I answered that. The term does not mean anything, only the internal definition matters.

But I have no desire now to begin for the hundredth time to discuss about the tiers in Tenchi Muyou. This continues from year to year.

A clarification of these sorts of things might be beneficial then, as to prevent further questioning of their tiers.

As far as I understand the reason for their tier is a combination of the above mentioned description, and that the most advanced technological database in the Tenchi Muyo universe (enormously more advanced than our real world human science, which is able to conceptualise the idea of a Hilbert space), which was stated outright as being able to form a hypothesis for the existence of any type of higher-dimensional being, was unable to do so for Tokimi, and registered her as not even existing.

But why does it being seemingly more advanced than any of our technology imply that this should warrant them dimensionless status instead of being likely 23D due to the verse only consisting of that many dimensions?

Because this technological database could form a hypothesis for any type of higher-dimensional being, just as people in our 11-dimensional or 26-dimensional multiverse can still form a hypothesis for the existence of a Hilbert space.

I think that we have written down in our guidelines that tier 1-A does not require an infinite-dimensional multiverse below it.

In addition, just because we only know of 22 dimensional supervisors, this does not mean that these are necessarily the only ones that exist. It could just be the limitations of a visual representation.

There's no problem with conceptualization and logical justification for high-dimensional creatures. But Choushin are just not a such things, they are not exist by such a principles. They are not high-dimensional, they are literally beyond this. "Beyond even higher dimensions, super-dimension"┬®.

4-D, 8-D, 23-3 or any other-D still will be logically classified as high-dimensional things. But you can not just apply the very logical definition of "high-dimensional" to Choushin.

Okay. Thank you for being reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back