• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sun wukong/Journey to the west CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their rudimentary laws are the effects of duality. Law stands for the basic logic behind Buddhism, not what we define as law manipulation.

And once again, I know, I read it the first time. That says nothing against what I said. People should not in his opinion, but can and have done so. And the heavens then kill them for it. Fate Manipulation would make it impossible to defy, instead of being a general outline of life that you may defy at the cost of a God's ire.

The ability to Reincarnate after being destroyed is not proof that this is fate manipulation, either.

Okay so....I just want to confirm this... technically manipulation of dualities is similar to manipulating various concepts and laws at the same time while casing various chaotic effects throughout right?

Yes. Duality Manipulation comes with most powers (you can make someone that is alive be dead, someone that exists not, someone that is strong be weak, etc.)

It is simply to the extreme (If Wukong changed gravity's suction force to repulsion, all of existence would comply, black holes would repel at near light speeds, and so on).

In my opinion, numbers which are used to describe how large the JttW universe is could be replaced as "infinite" (or more accurately, "uncountable") in certain way. The reason is simple: in ancient people's eyes, these statement equal infinite (ancient people generally cannot determine how large a mountain is and they can use the best word they can come into mind to say how big they are). Sun Wukong's rod may seems light in today's standard since we have trucks. But first, the weight is mostly not held by human at that time. Second, there is a theory claimed that the number is a human's pulse in a day. The claim is from a version of JttW which keeps the stories but with tons of new editors' explanations.

For the Three Disasters, "evading" is used. In my opinion, "evading" in this case is not hiding. (The Three Disasters are portrayed as "universe"-level which every creature will be affected. Not to say some are dua neg. Using spells to nuff the effects can be also interrupted as "evading")

I know it would be a bold one, but that's my opinion.

The tagging system doesn't work for non-staff members, you should probably just go to their message or smth.

In my opinion, numbers which are used to describe how large the JttW universe is could be replaced as "infinite" (or more accurately, "uncountable") in certain way. The reason is simple: in ancient people's eyes, these statement equal infinite (ancient people generally cannot determine how large a mountain is and they can use the best word they can come into mind to say how big they are). Sun Wukong's rod may seems light in today's standard since we have trucks. But first, the weight is mostly not held by human at that time. Second, there is a theory claimed that the number is a human's pulse in a day. The claim is from a version of JttW which keeps the stories but with tons of new editors' explanations.

For the Three Disasters, "evading" is used. In my opinion, "evading" in this case is not hiding. (The Three Disasters are portrayed as "universe"-level which every creature will be affected. Not to say some are dua neg. Using spells to nuff the effects can be also interrupted as "evading")

I know it would be a bold one, but that's my opinion.
@Ricsi-viragosi your opinion on what @mariogood statement

For the same reason we don't grant a separate, heat manipulation to everyone who has fire manipulation. The fact that abilities can overlap doesn't mean all possible uses should be listed. The point of the "abilities" section is to easily explain what a character's ability is on a glance.

For the numbers, I disagree with taking them for infinite. While symbolically a number might have been seen as the highest possible, that really doesn't mean we can just amplify them by infinity based on that.

For the same reason we don't grant a separate, heat manipulation to everyone who has fire manipulation. The fact that abilities can overlap doesn't mean all possible uses should be listed. The point of the "abilities" section is to easily explain what a character's ability is on a glance.

For the numbers, I disagree with taking them for infinite. While symbolically a number might have been seen as the highest possible, that really doesn't mean we can just amplify them by infinity based on that.
I mean if we don't explain it's full context people might just think that wukong only has chaos manipulation and sonic would have a superior edge in that ability but however it doesn't hint out that it affects multiple concepts and laws at the same time so we just need to give his chaos manipulation a clearer explanation other than he could create and destroy duality

And also I believe wukong would have high 3A or 2A range but he clearly doesn't have the AP to destroy these structure

You do not just slap on a name for an ability and leave though. There is the notable abilities section for in depth explaination. Powers and Abilities section is for a quick look through of a chara ter's abilities

You do not just slap on a name for an ability and leave though. There is the notable abilities section for in depth explaination. Powers and Abilities section is for a quick look through of a chara ter's abilities
I meant for wukong's chaos manipulation widen the explanation or else people would keep asking what's special about his when compared to other character's

Also I believe since the verse itself states that they contain innumerable amounts of worlds/possibilities since the buddha stated there is no use in investigating the innumerable as it is meaningless

Nep has already said why we shouldn't scale to what the ancient monks from china thought of the universe. The buddhist monks thought a sun- moon- earth system was the Universe that was infact smaller than our solar system and had stars as big as 128 miles and as small as 200m. Lets forget about what the ancients thought and just go with what the text describes it as.
@Nepuko

Without feats it is extremely hard to actually put a tier on him... he is at least High 6-A (a 20 mile tall giant making a somersault at mach 63192.419825 is 7.5416253e+28 joules). Maybe 5-C upscaling from how casual it is?

Obviously, the Milky Way feat should realistically be higher, but if we take the 128 mile universe than obviously it would be potentially even lower, so...

Last edited:
Without feats it is extremely hard to actually put a tier on him... he is at least High 6-A (a 20 mile tall giant making a somersault at mach 63192.419825 is 7.5416253e+28 joules).

Obviously, the Milky Way feat should realistically be higher, but if we take the 128 mile universe than obviously it would be potentially even lower, so...
Weren't we not suppose to use IRL buddhist and taoist sources such as the 128 mile univers in ancient buddhist belief when the milky way is infinite with taoist belief

Weren't we not suppose to use IRL buddhist and taoist sources such as the 128 mile univers in ancient buddhist belief when the milky way is infinite with taoist belief
Yeah. My point is, holding up the milky way is an unquantifiable feat, so arguing for that at most gets an "unknown".

The solar system, our own is around 5.6 trilion miles long if we go to around the cloud of comets that surrounder it and 7.4 billion miles if we go for pluto being the limit.

...Why? Do you have any actual feats besides his large size that are quantifiable?

And ouve been pestering me to be active so far...

...Why? Do you have any actual feats besides his large size that are quantifiable?

And ouve been pestering me to be active so far...
Oh sorry since you're the most active one that replied here I didn't really have anyone else to point out.

And as for range. Wukong's range can be argued as countless 3A or countless 2B depending on how you want to look at buddha statement of him stating that the Innumerable possibilities/worlds are meaningless for them to investigate/venture.

No, you don't look at either of those statements like that. The "infinite worlds" are contained within a finite location that one can go to. Likewise, "innumerable possibilities" in no way refers to size. Even a human's life can be claimed to have "innumerable possibilities". In a world that endlessly repeats through Kalpa's, the sheer age would be enough to grant that claim.

No, you don't look at either of those statements like that. The "infinite worlds" are contained within a finite location that one can go to. Likewise, "innumerable possibilities" in no way refers to size. Even a human's life can be claimed to have "innumerable possibilities". In a world that endlessly repeats through Kalpa's, the sheer age would be enough to grant that claim.
Wouldn't that just mean innumerable amount of worlds/timelines portrayed different from each other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back