• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sun wukong/Journey to the west CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
That isn't Low 1C. Just cite the chapter about 2A. I will search it myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is when it includes heaven , mortal realm, the inumerable and various space times which is held as a small disk in buddha's palm

That I am asking for you to post. Because frankly speaking a Buddhism Universe isn't even 3A to begin with.

It is when it includes heaven , mortal realm, the inumerable and various space times which is held as a small disk in buddha's palm
OK. First, post the quotes that show these places are universal space-times. Even then, that's just a higher level of 2-A. He'd need to see it as non-existent.

He viewed it all as a page while his non-existent self existed beyond linear space time and viewed it all as a page in his palm

And isn't a small disk similar to a page from a book to begin with?
No, it isn't. Even the page part requires him to view the world as the written contents of that page, not the physical page itself since that's just a size difference at that point.

No-
What?

One is seeing something as a mere piece of fiction as inferior as your fantasies and thoughts, the other is seeing it as a small structure. Those are completely different!

Is that dragon palace part even from Journey to the West? Or is this some cross scaling to Taoism like that Milky way feat?

Propitious vapours filled Paradise,
Rainbows surround the Venerable One.
The Western Paradise, known as the best,
Is ruled by the dharma King of non-phenomenon.
Black apes are always offering fruit,
Deer hold flowers in their mouths;
Blue phoenixes dance,
Coloured birds call;
Sacred turtles offer long life,
Immortal cranes present magic mushrooms.
Here they peacefully enjoy the Pure Land of the Jetavana Park,
The infinite realms of the Dragon Palace.
Every day flowers bloom,
Fruit is always ripe.
Through practicing silence they return to the truth,
Achieving reality by contemplation.
There is no birth nor death;
They neither wax nor wane.
Mists follow them as they come and go;
Untouched by heat or cold, they do not notice the years.

One day, as the Buddha dwelt in the Thunder Monastery on the Vulture Peak, he called together all the other Buddhas, Arhats, guardian deities, Bodhisattvas, Vajrapanis, monks and nuns and said, “As we are beyond time, I don’t know how long it has been since the crafty ape was subdued and Heaven pacified, but by earthly reckoning it must be about five hundred years

If you try to ask about the dhyana
Or to investigate the innumerable
You will waste your life and achieve nothing .

Yes, yes,” the Buddha replied, and he stretched out his right hand, which seemed to be about the size of a lotus leaf. Putting away his As-You-Will cudgel, the Great Sage summoned up all his divine powers, jumped into the palm of the Buddha’s hand, and said, “I’m off.” Watch him as he goes like a streak of light and disappears completely. The Buddha, who was watching him with his wise eyes, saw the Monkey King whirling forward like a windmill and not stopping until he saw five flesh-pink pillars topped by dark vapours.

“This is the end of the road,” he said, “so now I’ll go back. The Buddha will be witness, and the Hall of Miraculous Mist will be mine.” Then he thought again, “Wait a moment. I’ll leave my mark here to prove my case when I talk to the Buddha.” He pulled out a hair, breathed on it with his magic breath, and shouted “Change.” It turned into a writing brush dipped in ink, and with it he wrote THE GREAT SAGE EQUALING HEAVEN WAS HERE in big letters on the middle pillar. When that was done he put the hair back on, and, not standing on his dignity, made a pool of monkey piss at the foot of the pillar. Then he turned his somersault round and went back to where he had started from.

“I went, and now I’m back. Tell the Jade Emperor to hand the Heavenly Palace over to me,” he said, standing in the Buddha’s palm.

“I’ve got you, you piss-spirit of a monkey,” roared the Buddha at him. “You never left the palm of my hand.”

“You’re wrong there,” the Great Sage replied. “I went to the farthest point of Heaven, where I saw five flesh-pink pillars topped by dark vapours. I left my mark there: do you dare come and see it with me?”

20201024_175514.jpg

20201024_175528.jpg

@Mariogoods You might want yo check the raws. Cause my one doesn't even seem to mean anything above multi planetary.

Edit: I just checked the glossary of some parts and they refer to India and others.

I don't even see High 3-A from that, let alone 2-A. Seems like there's just a lot of expanses within the palace.

"the dragon place,and worlds as vast as Ganges' sands"
so infinite=number of sand particles in the Ganges river?

I still want to look at the specific instance where "infinite powers" is used though. Those absolutely reek of flowery language, so the context in which they were used is rather important.

I, for one, doubt that when he was being praised for helping people out with his "infinite powers", he did any notwworthy fear even close to that.

Mind showing the damage they regenerate from? Because harming their physical bodies, souls, or any other form of thing would not work with them being nothing. You either argue its just inconsistency, or that their bodies aren't their full selves and that recovering those would be akin to an abstract recovering their avatars.
A damage beyond nonexistence. It ain't that deep fam.

"Infinite power" statements actually being used as proof for High 3-A is especially sad. And again, a feat of regen or nada. No "logical extrapolation", just a feat.

"the dragon place,and worlds as vast as Ganges' sands"
so infinite=number of sand particles in the Ganges river?
Sand in the Ganges is actually used as a measurement of Infinity in Buddhism, specifically, the Diamond sutra uses it a lot when talking about treasures and merit.

Saying that they will gain as much merit by reading the Diamond Sutra as there are sand in the Ganges and then later say it's an infinite or immeasurable amount of merit.

"Infinite power" statements actually being used as proof for High 3-A is especially sad. And again, a feat of regen or nada. No "logical extrapolation", just a feat.
Who said it was a feat? Logical conclusion can easily fulfil any requirement, if you disagree that any logical conclusion can then your argument defeats itself.

Yet the logical conclusion drawn from hitting and harming abstracts is recovery from conceptual erasure by characters who've never shown any injuries? This is a joke.

Sand in the Ganges is actually used as a measurement of Infinity in Buddhism, specifically, the Diamond sutra uses it a lot when talking about treasures and merit.

Saying that they will gain as much merit by reading the Diamond Sutra as there are sand in the Ganges and then later say it's an infinite or immeasurable amount of merit.
that just implies that the infinity was hyperbolic

doesnt matter how many times you state it
infinity in myths and myth influenced stuff is very often hyperbolic
egyptians equate it to 1 million

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back