• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch Man General Discussion Thread v16

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO:

• Saitama's Punch against Rover > Millennium Emperor Nova, pretty obvious given Orochi and everyone's reaction. Only the people on the surface reacted to the Millennium Emperor Nova, and it didn't raise Genos' attention, while everyone underground and also above were stunned by Saitama's punch, and it was powerful enough for Orochi to deem it a threat worth looking into.
  • Rover is clearly supposed to be the most durable Cadre, and the most powerful along with ENW by sheer statements and hype. An attack from Bang and Bomb stronger than the attack that cracked Elder Centipede's shell did nothing to a weakened Rover
  • Gyoro Gyoro by herself > All Cadres except arguably Rover and ENW (Since they are explicitly the only ones she has trouble controlling). She can command the Cadres by herself, is the Monster Association's second in command, and outright commands them in the Webcomic, meaning she would be bossing over the Cadres even without Orochi.
  • Also in the Webcomic it is Gyoro Gyoro who defeats Garou, not Orochi since he doesn't exist, so that's another feat that shows how strong she's meant to be. So I don't understand why her Base Form isn't 7-B on the level of the other Cadres.
  • Orochi is way stronger than the Cadres even in his restrained form. We know this because none of the Cadres are aware of his true, released state, and yet Gouketsu outright admits he is nothing compared to Orochi
  • Orochi, in his Final Form, should definitely be ranked as faster than Flashy Flash when it comes to reactions. Flashy Flash in the Webcomic (And even in the manga) is hopeless compared to a very casual Saitama, while Orochi was able to react in time to block one of Saitama's Normal Punches, during a battle where Saitama himself stated he would be holding back less than usual, and then immediately after dodge a second punch by leaping out of the way.
  • Psykos' True Form is, as stated, so powerful that Gyoro Gyoro doesn't even begin to compare to her, and she was able to have a mildly competitive fight with a casual Tatsumaki (However, a Tatsumaki that was unquestionable less restrained than when she stopped the bullets in City-A, as seem by Fubuki's comment that she is using a tremendous amount of energy, by the veins in her head, and by her entertained smile as she's fighting Psykos. Also Psykos was able to break away from Tatsumaki's binding and momentarily bind Tatsumaki herself and pull her down several floors. As well as briefly clash with her. So even if you guys are super reluctant on having Psykos be straight up 6-C, she at least deserves a "Likely" rating)
  • Speaking of speed, Flashy Flash wasn't able to identify the dashing Psykos as a human, while Saitama was perfectly able to. Considering how Tatsumaki at 100% Power is going to defeat the Psykos-Orochi Fusion, and Final Form Orochi's previously established speed, this actually seems to make sense. Flashy Flash is the fastest hero movement wise, but when it comes to combat Tatsumaki has to be comparable.
  • The Psykos-Orochi fusion is unquestionably stronger than Orochi's Final Form. This is seem by Orochi's confidence that with his newfound power he would get his revenge on Saitama. Orochi's no fool, he's one of the few people who was able to sense Saitama's power upon meeting him in the whole series, and he experienced a Normal Punch first hand, so he wouldn't say that unless he was confident in having become much stronger himself.

> Gyoro Gyoro by herself > All Cadres except arguably Rover and ENW (Since they are explicitly the only ones she has trouble controlling). She can command the Cadres by herself, is the Monster Association's second in command, and outright commands them in the Webcomic, meaning she would be bossing over the Cadres even without Orochi.

Given the fact that Orochi exists though we can't say that she could boss them around without his presence.

> Also in the Webcomic it is Gyoro Gyoro who defeats Garou, not Orochi since he doesn't exist, so that's another feat that shows how strong she's meant to be. So I don't understand why her Base Form isn't 7-B on the level of the other Cadres.

Since the feat has been retconned out of existence, it doesn't matter anymore.

Damage3245 said:
Given the fact that Orochi exists though we can't say that she could boss them around without his presence.
Disagree, the intent even in the original version of the story has been to show that she's the boss of the Monster Association. Even Tatsumaki's dialogue where she directly refers to Gyoro Gyoro as the boss was unchanged. She is stated to have trouble "Controlling" both Rover and ENW in both versions of the story, indicating that she has no such trouble controlling and bossing over the other Cadres. All story and authorial intent points to her being just as strong if not stronger than the Cadres.

Damage3245 said:
Since the feat has been retconned out of existence, it doesn't matter anymore.
I respectfully disagree. The Webcomic, as the original draft for ONE's One Punch Man story, is still undeniably useful for the sake of analysis and comparison, and even if the storyline was changed to Orochi defeating Garou, there is nothing in the manga which contradicts the notion that Gyoro Gyoro could have defeated Garou by herself either. It's still a valid feat to look as a secondary source.

> Disagree, the intent even in the original version of the story has been to show that she's the boss of the Monster Association

Yes, in the original version only. That does not matter since the canon version going forwards is the manga.

Since the feats are removed, they are no longer considered canon.

The most updated version of the story written by ONE is the new canon.

"Speaking of speed, Flashy Flash wasn't able to identify the dashing Psykos as a human"

I thought this was discussed earlier. Flashy Flash had a look of shock on his face after seeing Psykos shoot through the floor because he had never seen her before and didn't expect to see any humans down here, other than the Heroes and Tareo.

"Flashy Flash in the Webcomic (And even in the manga) is hopeless compared to a very casual Saitama, while Orochi was able to react in time to block one of Saitama's Normal Punches"

I was gonna go for a vague "This is Saitama" but I'll just explain. His power and how much he uses in battle is always left unknown. Sure, he stated he was "holding less more than usual" but how do we know this is so much greater than what he used while dicking with Flashy Flash?

Has Orochi fully recovered yet though? It seems that he still has chunks of flesh trying to absorb biomass. I wonder if this new version of Orochi is stronger than his old self seeing that he still seems to see the need to absorb food(living beings).

Looking forward to an awakened Garou versus Orochi rematch btw! It would be iconic to see Garou topple Orochi to officially become the new King of Monsters.

I'm far more excited for the Awakened Garou Vs. Saitama fight. God I can't wait to see how Murata does that. It's easily my favorite webcomic fight, and will probably be my favorite in the series other than Saitama Vs. Boros when the manga version comes around. Seeing Saitama fight his arguably toughest opponent (not counting Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon for Boros) in the manga will just be great overall. We also may get better feats than what we saw in the webcomic, due to how much more detailed Murata's work is.

Probably next year, or at least late this year. Murata usually gives us a chapter every one or two months, and we have about 8 months until 2021. Meanwhile, the battles with remaining Cadre's, and Psykos-Orochi still need to happen before then. And even when Awakened Garou appears, he'll still fight Golden Sperm, Darkshine, and Flashy Flash, before threatening to kill Tareo, and insulting the heroes. Then Saitama finally arrives, one shots ENW who was going to kill the heroes, and then meets Garou. With all of that, it'll probably take almost 10 chapters, if not more before we can finally see the two fight.

Murata has consistently given us biweekly releases recently.

Heck yeah, can't wait for it too! I am really curious about how Murata would draw Awakened Garou. It is gonna be the most badass villian design everrr

I mean his phoenix man design was already Godlike, the Orochi Psykos fusion is also Legendary, whatmore the Final Boss - Garou!!

so does gouketsu scale to saitama's casual feats? genos witnessed saitama blowing away mountains with air pressure alone and he still thought that saitama needed help from the other heroes to defeat gouketsu. that's a clear indication that according to genos, gouketsu is on the level of an extremely casual saitama.

furthermore, in the bonus chapter, saitama told genos that he's been to the moon in one of his fights and genos obviously fully believed him. so genos was aware that saitama is capable of travelling to the moon and back, yet he still thought saitama isn't strong enough to singlehandedly defeat gouketsu.

genos witnessed saitama blowing away mountains with air pressure alone

As a note, this would only apply to an anime key. Manga Saitama just kicked up a bunch of sand with the Death Punch. The best showing Genos has seen of Saitama up to that point in the manga is shattering the meteor. Dunno what results that would be, but I'd assume like 7-C or something

so genos was aware that saitama is capable of travelling to the moon and back

Why is this a notable strength feat? He doesn't know about the crater and feat on its own is actually rather mediocre in terms of Saitama's KE.

> so does gouketsu scale to saitama's casual feats?

No. Gouketsu got decapitated by a casual Saitama.

I don't like the idea of "genos thinks Saitama can't handle gouketsu alone = gouketsu must be as strong as the feats Saitama has depicted so far/that Genos is aware of". Genos clearly can't accurately measure the strength between two people who both are considerably stronger than he is. Gouketsu one punched Genos so he probably assumed he must be at least as strong as Saitama, but he is unable to tell how great the gap is between Gouketsu and Saitama, at the time of this happening at least.

And plus, I really doubt Genos in the moment of saying that Saitama needs help against Gouketsu went through every single feat that Saitama has shown/told him so far. He just has a general idea of how strong Saitama is, and uses that as reference. Problem is, his reference is "he is a lot stronger than I am" and not a quantifiable amount (which in this case would be difficult to determine). So whenever he faces off against opponents that also fall in to the category of "a lot stronger than me", he lumps them together with Saitama, because again, I doubt he knows the exact power levels of either the opponent or Saitama. Main point being is that Genos is an unreliable narrator, so something that comes out of his mouth isn't murata/ONE making a statement. Hope that made sense.

This also generally applies to whenever a character makes an assesment of someone else's capabilities using the information given to them. They could be wrong with their assesment, and we have to remember it's the character speaking, not the creator.

Yeah I don't think we should scale Goketsu to any feat Saitama has performed. My previous stuff is that if we do scale, the only applicable feat would be the shattering of the meteor.

I have many things to say but i guess drop this debate is better.

Anyway, thanks to Ugarik's help, the previous accepted method varies from Large Mountain to Small Country level, i've send a messages to the previous people who accepted the former result to have a proper confirmation.

Watch Saitama get an ability that lets him copy and grow resistances to any abilities, then OPM starts getting haxed. Literally the first chapter after, we start seeing passive death hax or something.

Nice. So if I'm correct this only scales to Tatsumaki and Psykorochi. Golden Sperm and Orochi would just be 6-C.

Peter1129 said:
Nice. So if I'm correct this only scales to Tatsumaki and Psykorochi. Golden Sperm and Orochi would just be 6-C.
So if I understand this;

???%, Psykorochi and Tatumaki: Low 6-B

Golden Sperm, Orochi: 6-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back